Cool These specs good enough to play wow on ultra with all the neat-o stuff?

PROCESSORS Intel® Core™ i5-650 processor(4MB Cache, 3.20GHz)
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
    MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs
    MONITOR ST2220L 21.5-inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor
    VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB GDDR5
    HARD DRIVE 1TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache
    OPTICAL DRIVE 16X DVD+/-RW Drive

Thanks in advance

It will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    Really? Are you trying to be a showoff by flashing your new pc? You want people to be impressed on the forums? Im not trying to be an asshat but dude really... if you want an answer to your question then try it out. See how it works on those settings.
    Ummm someone is being an asshat in this thread... but it's not the op.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

5770.... Yeah your set bro. why not go get eyefinity while your at it =P
    Zepheá/Tegernako/Tzipora/Ekklesia/Páncakes - Alliance Argent Dawn

Really? Are you trying to be a showoff by flashing your new pc? You want people to be impressed on the forums? Im not trying to be an asshat but dude really... if you want an answer to your question then try it out. See how it works on those settings.
    Not even its actually copy pasted from the dell website T.T. I cant try it because I havent bought it yet and i have no clue about computers at all or even if the processor supports the graphics card.
    Thanks too everyone else though

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you think this rig is even remotely entitled to bragging rights, you are in the wrong thread.

And for the record, im sure OP is just linking some specs off a website where OP might buy their next computer. It's good to think about what you're going to type, before you type it.

---------
    To OP
    --------
    Simply, no. You will have nice graphics. But im sure major cities will still lag you on maxed graphics. However, you will prolly have decent FPS in less congested areas.
    Last edited by MrVargr; 2010-12-14 at 05:07 AM.

Geez bit harsh there... this is a common question, they may be considering building one with that spec and don't actually have it yet.

And I don't really see what's so flashy about the system proposed, in fact you will still be limiting your view distance with it a little, etc etc. But geez people act like the guy just rolled up in a Veyron or something. It's a good system for WoW =)

edit: Furthermore, this is the Computer forum, so I'm really not quite sure what the problem is with above responders.
    Last edited by SektheGnome; 2010-12-14 at 05:12 AM.

Lol, "facepalms". It's amazing how people can't understand what the OP is asking.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for the OP. He probably wanted some real input from some real tech people, and all he got was a load of flame for flaunting a medium computer. I swear, I get dumber every day coming here and trying to contribute to this "community".

On topic: you may get a better response on a tech / computer website, as unfortunate as that sounds. Good luck though! I'm looking to upgrade mine soonish as well :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    omg replace this crappy 5770 for gtx 460
    amd sucks balls for WoW
    Stop spreading misinformation.

@OP the computer will run wow pretty well, I would recommend getting an i5 750/760 as they are quad core processors and will handle games much better. The 5770 is a fine card for WoW, its plenty powerful.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: How much are you looking to spend, and are you looking to play more than just WoW on this computer?

Depending on how much you are looking to sped, you may be able to buy the parts individually and assemble it yourself for much less; or about the same with even better parts.

PM me and I can get you a list of parts for what you are wanting to spend that will handle WoW just fine, and maybe even somewhat future proof with only a couple parts that will need to be upgraded later on down the road: GPU, RAM, HDD.

Tharon

Run it in DX11 and you'll do just fine. Ignore all the haters, the computer will do just fine. I do however agree with the above suggestion of swapping the 5770 for the GTX460. Performance wise, the GTX460 is far greater than the 5770. It costs a little more, but it's completely worth it.
    Last edited by NoKz; 2010-12-14 at 07:48 PM.
    85 Worgen Deathknight (PVE) | 85 Human Mage (PVP) | 81 Human Rogue (Farmer)
    Intel Core i5 655K 3.2GHz @ 4.1GHz | Intel DH57DD Mobo | 8GB DDR3 Crucial Memory
    EVGA GTX460 OC 1GB | Intel 120GB SSD (OS + WoW) | 3 Seagate 1TB SATA HD's (Raid 5) | Seagate 1.5TB SATA HD (Media)
    Win7 x64 Ultimate | Coolermaster CM 690 II | Corsair H70 Closed Loop System | Westinghouse 42" LCD TV/Monitor | 2 AOC 22" LCD Monitors

The setup seems fairly solid. Grab a GTX 460 instead, they're amazing cards. Personally I would drop from 8gigs to 6gigs of RAM, shell out another 100$ or so and grab 2 GTX 460's, you'll see much better results. Though running dual video cards requires a fairly strong PSU which wasn't listed.
    ----------------------------------
    Aorus Xtreme
    5950x
    k|ngp|n 3090
    128g Ballistix
    33 fans

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want 6GB of RAM. It's not a dual-channel number really...and a single 5770 is enough to run WoW on ultra, let alone 2 GTX 460's (waste of money).

@OP get an i5 750 / 760 if you can, they are better than the 6xx i5's
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I wouldn't recommend buying a new computer with a dual core processor unless you are on an extremely low budget. If your budget is that low intel is way out of your range.

The reasoning is that the future of computer processing is in multi threaded applications. Getting a dual core now will limit the performance of you computer in future applications that are coded for multi core processors.

And no hyper threading is not an acceptable substitute for real cores.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Deleted
    What's up with people saying that a 5770 sucks balls and that they should get a 460 instead.. I run a 5770 and any game I've loaded up so far runs maxed at 1920x1200, so please, stop whining about it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the price the Radeon HD5770 is a great buy. If the budget allows for something more then you buy something more. But the random comments of "sucks balls" don't help the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back when I bought my HD5770, GTX460 had an insane price tag. So far HD5770 has allowed me to run WoW on ultra easily, enjoy CoD:MW on max settings, Black Ops on near-maxed settings, and even get Crysis Warhead running at 40-50fps on Gamer settings. Really, what more could you want from a freakin $130 card?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2010-12-15 at 09:52 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I can tell you that apart from your processor (I use an AMD quadcore 955 BE) and less RAM (only 6gb ), I have pretty much the same system and I run everything on ultra with 8x AA. I consistently get more than 60 fps everywhere except Orgrimmar, all those frostbrood and protodrakes really do a number. In Org, outside the AH I usually get 30-50fps. So you are pretty much set, and since you have more RAM you might get a few more FPS. Enjoy it, I know I do.

Also, running 2 cards in crossfire or SLI is EXTREME overkill. You will be running at 150+ fps, completely superfluous. If you want to run other games, then by all means get 2 cards. For WoW you will not ever need 2 cards unless you are running cards from 2007.
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2010-12-16 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Also, running 2 cards in crossfire or SLI is EXTREME overkill. You will be running at 150+ fps
    Unfortunately that's not the case...so far WoW continues to scale backwards with multi-gpu setups (yes, that means even less fps than a single card). There are only ~2-3 first-person-shooter games that take advantage of crossfire/sli and scale at 80-90%, for most games it's simply not worth the trouble.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze