Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any healers being kicked by bad players?

Today in LFD I have been kicked from random dungeons several times because the dps fail to notice simple fight mechanics and get themselves killed.

Just now I was in Grim Batol fighting the forgemaster and the rogue and warrior continually stood in the rocks that fall from the ceiling. Both then spent most of the fight under 20% as i was prioritising the tank and died just before the boss did.

The following conversation then happened:

[Warrior] I know I'm not the tank but if it werent for herbalism i wouldnt have any heals
    [Rogue] yea
    [Rogue] noticed that too
    [Animo] you got plenty
    You have been removed from the group.

Just in case anyone's interested here was healing done to players:

Healed by Animo:
    1. DK tank 286 569 38.0%
    2. Warrior 185 292 24.6%
    3. Animo 153 296 20.3%
    4. Mage 74 344 9.9%
    5. Rogue 49 609 6.6%

the warrior received almost as much healing as the tank and was healed his entire health pool nearly twice.
    Why do bad players blame healers for their mistakes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't ask here, the players who QQ'd about easy content will tell you to "run with a guild," even though that's not the point of LFD tool and not always an option.

Because dpsers have a long history of not caring for their health. Hopefully cata will fix that, but sadly its gonna take time :x
    Until people have learned healers will prolly have to put up with this kind of stupid behaviour. Just keep doing what you do tho, youll have my support :d
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Joined instance straight away tank says 'no priests' = You have been removed from the group.

I've noticed the most healers I have kicked, while tanking mind you.. and dpsing that is, but I normally don't vote kick while DPSing, have been Disc Priests. For some reason I have YET to see a good disc priest in pugs, just extremely bad ones =/

I didn't get kicked, but I left a group last night in Vortex Pinnacle because the tank couldn't be bothered to allow me to drink, the DPS couldn't learn agro management, and no one bothered to communicate at all. After our first wipe, a vote started to kick me. That vote failed, but I left anyway.

I actually prefer a Priest heals aha (x Disc is very smooth to have healing me

Quote Originally Posted by volrathy View Post
    Joined instance straight away tank says 'no priests' = You have been removed from the group.
    Sadly this. Needless to say, I went back to shadow after ya know....about 8 fucking runs of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    i was in heroic grim batol , while drinking the tank runs in the next room and pulls the trash . i run up as fast as i can to heal and he dies . we still cleared the pack .

then i mentioned to tank why not have the rogue sap and mage sheep .. i was booted

I know how this is. Most heroic boss fights with AoE. DPS take excessive amounts of damage out of stupidity and carelessness. I constantly get blamed. I don't wait for a vote kick or arguments. During a wipe I leave. I've been abused twice because in H stonecore, dps don't move out of the pink crystals and die. Now I'm still gearing. So I can't exactly heal 2 DPS from 10% hp and still keep a tank up without blowing all cooldowns and losing a crapload of mana. People should stop complaining about the difficulty of healing. Stuff like this is the DPS's fault, healers aren't designed to be able to pick up this much slack.

I am a holy priest and she has been my main since 70 raiding. I have only had one wipe even pugging through the instances. Mainly, it will take time for people to adjust to.. well.. the way things used to be. I too have been having issues with people letting me drink... hate to tell you, but this is cata... I do not have endless mana nor should I have to use SF on trash pulls. Things should change, hopefully, if not, guess I will be playing one of my DPS.

One more thing... its ALWAYS the healers fault. Its something you learn to live with as a healer. Everyone will blame healers no matter what. Loss of aggro, not moving, standing in the fire... YOU SHOULD HAVE HEALED ME! lol.

To get booted though is ridiculous.

Wowzers...that's not happening to me at all. I've finished every run I've done, save for a couple falling apart due to a ninja. That is total BS to be booted just because you're a priest. I'm Holy and it has been hella difficult to heal in some instances, but if you ignore the DPS more and understand that it's not about keeping everyone at 100%, it's about keeping everyone elive, then it should all be peachy.

Those people should wait until skill or lack of skill is shown before they make a decision like that. Nothing more annoying than being kicked for no reason. Grim Batol is the one I'm having the main trouble healing though, I'd say. Debuffs are terrible and the sudden spike in damage adds some kick in the nutz to some fights

10+ Year Old Account
    I was kicked as a DPSer by the healer because I would not move from my spot for his magic pally cone of healing to hit me. I wasn't even taking any damage but he was yelling at me for being "a noob mage". Like really, is it my job to move to him so that he can heal me? I move when I have to move but to move in front of him so he can heal me? That just ridiculous...

10+ Year Old Account
    most of the time it's the stupid dps who should be kicked, not the healer. today I was running grim batol and our healer was TOTALLY out of mana and the tank pulled (not paying attention) which lead to the tank and two other dps dying with me and the healer alive, barely. one of the other dps started to chew into the healer with the whole "OMG FAIL PRIEST YOU KILLED US BLAHBLAHBLAH", then the tank said "oh, that was my bad, the healer didn't have any mana and I didn't see til after I pulled". the dps actually APOLOGIZED to the healer. I almost had a heart attack.

Haven't been kicked yet, but I've had one not-so-pleasant exchange with a mage and a shaman who both refused to CC the mob packs saying that "it's not needed". Well, pardon me, but I'm the one dealing with incoming damage so I'm the one who should tell you if it's needed or not.

God forbid they'd have to do something besides DPSing. Morons. -.-

Deleted
    You seem to have taken almost as much as the warrior..

I'm not aware if there's a mechanic that makes you take that damage

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I was kicked as a DPSer by the healer because I would not move from my spot for his magic pally cone of healing to hit me. I wasn't even taking any damage but he was yelling at me for being "a noob mage". Like really, is it my job to move to him so that he can heal me? I move when I have to move but to move in front of him so he can heal me? That just ridiculous...
    It is absolutely ideal and makes it easier for the paladin if you (and any other ranged) stack in between him and the melee group. Every person hit by light of dawn causes a beacon strike on the tank. This adds up VERY well. Also, a paladin will usually use this to keep you topped off between 90-100%.

You can stand 30yards away, or you can be a part of the solution.

I can't wait till the mmo-champion community realizes that a lot of people who play wow are just .............. bad... don't take it to heart, you'll last (playing) much longer than them so you'll probably never see them again, especially after about a month

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    As a shaman I hate when I drop healing rain and stupid people who actually need to be healed run out of it all the time. I have had one bad experience where I was in a pug and nobody was cc'ing, moving, or anything. They all were taking massive damage and getting mad at me that I couldn't just heal thru it. I was so pissed off because I know I'm a good healer and get complimented all the time, but these jerks.......I hate pugs. I hate the lazy wolk dps mentality.

I haven't been kicked. I haven't even heard a single nasty word coming my way. Maybe it's the EU servers that are a bit nicer, I don't know. Or maybe I'm just very lucky.

I have however had a few runs where I was at 20% mana the entire run, because the tank and a few dps decided to rush things. Oh, and one Grim Batol run where everyone beside me and a mage left on the last boss because we wiped like 5 times. Got new people and got him down first try. But that was another one of the groups where no one talks. I think that's the main issue. No communication. When you can tell your group, Hey, I have some mana issues, still learning to manage it correctly and besides, I can't heal through stupid anyways, the others are most of the time really nice about it.

I've actually had 6 seperate dungeon runs where people have called me a good healer and given me a virtual pat on the shoulder. I love stuff like that. Not to boost my E-peen, but because people are understanding that healing isen't all that easy anymore. And thank God for that!
    (And yes, I keep track of how many times I get a compliment. I'm a girl, that's what we do. So leave me be )