Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Hunters Gear Guide: Gems, Enchanting, Reforging

Last edited by Zorgen; 2010-12-14 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Delete

You act like crit is the worst stat for hunters yet it is still a very good stat better then haste and mastery for most specs

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    You act like crit is the worst stat for hunters yet it is still a very good stat better then haste and mastery for most specs
    You get your crit from Agility. Focus gems and enchants around Mastery/Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgen View Post
    You get your crit from Agility. Focus gems and enchants around Mastery/Haste.
    Ok? doesnt stop it from giving you more dps then mastery has a bm hunter. You are also saying you should only gem for socket bonuses which unless its a high agi increase you still want to use pure agi gems except for whatever you need for your meta

Ok? doesnt stop it from giving you more dps then mastery has a bm hunter. You are also saying you should only gem for socket bonuses which unless its a high agi increase you still want to use pure agi gems except for whatever you need for your meta
    I said Agility was your primary focus. Second comes Mastery, then haste, then crit. I would take those stats in that order any day of the week. Don't bother going for socket bonuses in green,blue, purple unless you are under hit cap. Otherwise just go for Agi>Mastery>Haste>Crit.

I would not suggest this guide to anyone trying to learn how to hunter. I dont think you realize secondary stats have different values for different specs. And if you need hit you should reforge your worst stat into it. Gem for all agi gems except for whatever you need for your meta to be active

I would not suggest this guide to anyone trying to learn how to hunter. I dont think you realize secondary stats have different values for different specs. And if you need hit you should reforge your worst stat into it. Gem for all agi gems except for whatever you need for your meta to be active
    I appreciate your input, however unhelpful it is.. But your trying to tell me Crit,Haste,Mastery scale differently based on your Spec? No i'm sorry this is not the case.

And what would you define as "worst stat"? If you have 100 Mastery and 100 Crit, your telling me you would -50 Mastery for 50 Hit instead of -50 Crit for 50 Hit? Lol..

actually our secondary stats wighting is crit>mastery>haste just my 2 cents

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

I appreciate your input, however unhelpful it is.. But your trying to tell me Crit,Haste,Mastery scale differently based on your Spec? No i'm sorry this is not the case.

And what would you define as "worst stat"? If you have 100 Mastery and 100 Crit, your telling me you would -50 Mastery for 50 Hit instead of -50 Crit for 50 Hit? Lol..
    He's right, he's trying to tell you that stats have different values depending on the spec. For example mastery isn't very attractive for BM hunters. I recommend you check zeherah's dps analyzer and check that for yourself.

Thanks for the effort but as the user above said there are a lot of misinfo in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    Agreed. No good guide. but thanks for the effort OP.

You definitely do not need to be hit capped before entering heroics. Capping hit rating is NOT more important than crit rating unless you are shooting at raid bosses fulltime. Which normal people and the majority is not. So don't advice them to build their char for it either.

If you want to make a guide of how to gear your endgame raiding hunter. Then go ahead and label the guide with it. Sadly, it is not even any good raiding guide. Just a "general" guide most hunters can take from top of their focused aim.

Reforge hit into crit. /doh
    You can walk around under the hit cap if you'd like. All the crit rating in the world wont do anything if your missing your shots.

The only 2 options for gearing your character are end game raids, and end game pvp.. this clearly isn't for pvp. And if your saying crit is more important than hit why would you say "Reforge hit into crit. /doh" cause I didnt say that. You seem to either be contradicting yourself or putting words into my mouth I didn't say..

But again thank you for your input even though it was not helpful in anyway.

---------- Post added 2010-12-13 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ihh View Post
    He's right, he's trying to tell you that stats have different values depending on the spec. For example mastery isn't very attractive for BM hunters. I recommend you check zeherah's dps analyzer and check that for yourself.

Thanks for the effort but as the user above said there are a lot of misinfo in your post.
    Mastery for BM is: Increases pet damage by X% .. that's not attractive?

No i mean the damage output of each point of crit,haste,mastery are different based on spec. And yes thats exactly what i mean why would i want mastery when has bm it does not affect my big hitter Kill Command. The increase pet dmg by % is not enough to be worth more then the other stats.
    Honestly this reminds me alot of start of 4.0.1 where everyone was like reforge crit into mastery!!! without even testing it

I have never heard of an orange socket before. Could you point out some gear containing one of these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    I would go outside but the sun is out there right now
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Guys, we can autoshot while moving.

Whatever else they do, doesn't matter <3

Where to start....

1. There are only 3 sockets - Red, Blue and Yellow, there are only green, purple and orange gems, not sockets, that kinda needs changing
    2. At no point in your post did you state that you should socket to get the meta bonus, and it IS worth taking a blue gem or 2 to gain the meta bonus considering you can now reforge gear (i.e. change hit on gear into someone else more beneficial when capped)
    3. Do you have any sources that you should prioritise Hit -> Mastery -> Haste -> Crit...not saying you're completely wrong but basically stating I AM RIGHT isn't really enough justification.
    4. You state that when you get a new piece of gear that is of a higher ilevel, you should probably upgrade it...that is a bit of a silly thing to do, it may have worse stats for your spec/gear at the moment.
    And last but not least
    5. One of your instructions is to focus first on Agility...really? That has to be the most blindingly obvious thing as hunter ever...you're either gonna get Agi or Intellect on gear now (from anything but <random enchantment> items) and I'm sure 99.9999% of people will work out that intellect does nothing for a hunter, at all.

Guide needed more work before being posted tbh, sorry if any of my points have been said previously

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

To manty Huntards in here. Makes me a sad Panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    For stats on gear. Hit > Agi > Mastery > Crit > Haste. Honestly Agi is incredibly powerful right now and some sources I've read suggest it over the hit cap as long as you are near. That .50% chance to miss won't effect you as much as the increased agi making the large majority of your shots hit harder.

Gem pure Agi except for 1 blue and if a yellow socket has +10 agi or +20 of a stat. 54 Crit & 3% crit is far superior to 54 mastery in my eyes.

Deleted
    I use crit and agi, using agi only is not good enough in my opinion, crit gives far more potential dmg than agility.

I recommend this thread gets deleted, there is simply too much misinformation for it to possibly do any good.

Well the OP's been edited and at this point it can't do any good, so I'm closing this.