Any other tanks having trouble gearing through regs?

Ok so I hit 85 on my DK tank this Saturday. Since then I have probably run about 20 dungeons, and only received 2 pieces of gear from actual dungeon drops, those being a trink and a cloak from Grim Batol, both dropping at the same time. Halls of Origination in particular has the most tank gear and thus I have run that place the most. However, after about 16 runs, I have yet to see even 1 piece of tank gear drop. The past two runs, each boss has dropped the exact same piece of gear, being caster dps. After looking on WoWhead I discovered, to no surprise, that the drop rate on tank gear is the lowest on EVERY boss tank gear drops off of. I ended having to buy pvp gear and reforge the haste to parry and dodge.

I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me. Btw, before you say "quit the QQ, you dont have to wait in dungeon queues" the whole point of running dungeons is to get gear not cuz they are fun after the 7th time in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by psfan1507 View Post
    Ok so I hit 85 on my DK tank this Saturday. Since then I have probably run about 20 dungeons, and only received 2 pieces of gear from actual dungeon drops, those being a trink and a cloak from Grim Batol, both dropping at the same time. Halls of Origination in particular has the most tank gear and thus I have run that place the most. However, after about 16 runs, I have yet to see even 1 piece of tank gear drop. The past two runs, each boss has dropped the exact same piece of gear, being caster dps. After looking on WoWhead I discovered, to no surprise, that the drop rate on tank gear is the lowest on EVERY boss tank gear drops off of. I ended having to buy pvp gear and reforge the haste to parry and dodge.

I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me. Btw, before you say "quit the QQ, you dont have to wait in dungeon queues" the whole point of running dungeons is to get gear not cuz they are fun after the 7th time in a row.
    Yeah it's unbelievably frustrating. Your best bet is to get what quick upgrades from different rep factions. I just grabbed some dps plate and have been using that to get into heroics with. Sad thing is, I haven't managed to get a competent group in the 3 heroics I've run

I'm seriously burnt out from trying to get those shoulders from Grim Batrol or wtfe it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Yeah it's unbelievably frustrating. Your best bet is to get what quick upgrades from different rep factions. I just grabbed some dps plate and have been using that to get into heroics with. Sad thing is, I haven't managed to get a competent group in the 3 heroics I've run

I'm seriously burnt out from trying to get those shoulders from Grim Batrol or wtfe it's called.
    This is pretty much what I'm doing. I'm not planning on doing heroics anytime soon, let alone any raiding, so it works out great for me. I do my one random for the day for JP's for a few extra pieces of gear and doing dailies for the reps that have them to get a few tanking items that way. It's a bit tedious doing it that way but it's been fitting my casual attitude for this expansion.

yes i was struggling for quite a long time to get tank gear for heroics, and after you get it, its a pain in the ass runing 1-2 hour heroics only to earn what? an average of 280 JP and no tank gear.
    btw im still not rlly geared enough for heroics, im using my healer OS gear to add up to my ilvl

I've noticed this as well.

To put my tin foil hat on, I think they're trying every little thing to give tanks incentives to queue for dungeons more. Well, maybe it's not the main reason, but it's a happy side effect. I first noticed this with the midsummer event this year- the tank cloak had a drop rate less than half of the others (there were separate cloaks for strength dps, agility dps, intellect dps, healers and tanks).

This is their little nudge to try to "fix" dps queue times.

I had to run HoO probably 10 times for one piece to drop

Keep running the 3 333 instance that give rep and go for rep items. 333 legs from hyjal at honored, 346 helm at revered with wildhammer along with epic items at exalted with both factions. Also if they're not needed DPS pieces with mastery are good once reforged if you're upgrading from a low ilvl green but remember that haste is pretty much our worst stat so if you're doing that go with crit/mastery pieces then reforge to dodge.

As the above said I got most of my upgrades from rep tbh... Helm, Legs, Rings (used the DPS one from Therazane for a while but replaced recently) and boots.

Weapon is proving the most difficult for me! Still using the one from Deepholm as CoC is still a cluster £$%£$ and WILD HAMMER dropped 5 times and I lost it every day time. Heroics are going well though!

I just picked up anything with a high ilevel went in and tanked heroics with like 115k health? Was pretty brutal but totally doable.