Deleted

Trinkets (Resto + Moonkin)

hi mates,

any thoughts on what trinkets to wear pre raid?

my personal current setup:

Resto:
    #1 Rainsong 215 Spirit + Haste Proc
    #2 Tear of Blood 215 Int + Spirit Proc

Balance:
    #1 Gale of Shadows 252 Haste + (stacking) 300 Spellpower
    #2 Anhuur's Rymnal 252 Hit + Spellpower Proc

thank your for ur opinions!

10+ Year Old Account
    As resto currently I'm using Rainsong and Gale of Shadows. For heroics I think the fixed haste+SP value from Gale of Shadows is better than 215int+Spi proc, unless you're having mana problems.
    Aerie-Peak-EU

Balance:
    There's not much point in wearing a +Hit trinket pre raid (or did you mean pre-raid equip for raids?). In heroics I use two dps trinkets (Gale of Shadows and Tendrils of Burrowing Dark). For raids I swap in a hit trinket, and I'll try to get Stump of Time in the long run.

Trying to make a short list of available 346+ trinkets, pre-raid and w/o Valor rewards (not all of them in mmo-champ database yet):

1. Darkmoon Card: Volcano (321 mastery, 1600/12 int, dmg proc)
    2. Gale of Shadows (285 haste, 340 sp)
    3. Stump of Time (321 hit, 1926/15 sp)
    4. Witching Hourglass (285 int, 1710/15 sp)
    5. Tendrils of Burrowing Dark (285 mastery, 1710/15 sp)
    6. Sorrowsong (285 mastery, ~800 sp < 35%)
    7. Sea Star (285 spirit, 1425/20 sp)
    8. Anhuur's Hymnal (285 hit, 1710/10 sp)

Ive gotten both jc int trinkets. Using them as both moonkin and resto. (Havent got any other trinks that can compete with these atm).

Works well. The on use spirit on one of the jc trinks gives me about 800+ regen for 20 secs. (If I havent read it all wrong).

Rainsong is terrible. Any trinket that is not an Int trinket is terrible for resto. Spirit is slightly better regen than Int in long fights, but zero throughput. One point of spirit is worth maybe 0.5 Int, maybe not even that. Swap Rainsong out for a Witching Hourglass, or a Darkmoon Card: Tsunami if you can get it, or Tyrande's Favorite Doll if you are incredibly lucky with archaeology.

No stat is even close to comparable to intellect for resto. We willl be using 2x Int trinkets for the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Balance:
    There's not much point in wearing a +Hit trinket pre raid (or did you mean pre-raid equip for raids?). In heroics I use two dps trinkets (Gale of Shadows and Tendrils of Burrowing Dark). For raids I swap in a hit trinket, and I'll try to get Stump of Time in the long run.

Trying to make a short list of available 346+ trinkets, pre-raid and w/o Valor rewards (not all of them in mmo-champ database yet):

1. Darkmoon Card: Volcano (321 mastery, 1600/12 int, dmg proc)
    2. Gale of Shadows (285 haste, 340 sp)
    3. Stump of Time (321 hit, 1926/15 sp)
    4. Witching Hourglass (285 int, 1710/15 sp)
    5. Tendrils of Burrowing Dark (285 mastery, 1710/15 sp)
    6. Sorrowsong (285 mastery, ~800 sp < 35%)
    7. Sea Star (285 spirit, 1425/20 sp)
    8. Anhuur's Hymnal (285 hit, 1710/10 sp)
    I thought mastery was worse than crit for balance druids sooo wouldnt the Gale of shadows and witching hourglass be most prefable?
    m

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For resto I am using Heroic Blood of Isset and Gale of Shadows. I am wondering, which would be better, Tear of Blood or Gale of Shadows? ToB is +int and a spirit proc. GoS is a +haste and a sp proc. I do not have any mana issues atm. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by epksauce View Post
    I thought mastery was worse than crit for balance druids sooo wouldnt the Gale of shadows and witching hourglass be most prefable?
    m
    The DMC's proc makes the card. It's super powerful with a short ICD and procs off nearly anything, and that mastery can be reforged into haste, as well as mastery's upcoming buff making it even better.

Boomkin: Witching hourglass+gale of shadows, replacing witching hourglass with stump of time in 4.0.6
    Resto: Corrupted egg shell (when I need mana) or Witching hourglass +gale of shadows

I use just about the same set for both specs... But I am only in heroics mostly so the spirit needed to hitcap is enough for resto for me.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-01-31 at 12:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by stillnotking View Post
    Tyrande's Favorite Doll if you are incredibly lucky with archaeology.
    He doesn't have to be incredibly lucky. It's just grind. Somewhere between 100 and 200 NE artefacts he'll get the doll for sure. Plus NE artefacts are the easiest to farm. It is definitely worth it if he is serious about resto.