Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For Gems i do:

Yellow: Always Mastery/Stam
    Blue: Always Stam
    Red: Parry/Stam only when its a 2/3socket bonus, otherwise Stam*

Im considering using 81stam - 5% Block Value meta once i get into epic raiding gear and can get block+avoidance higher.
    The BV percent is actually additive, giving paladins 45% block of an attack, not 5% of the 40%(which would be ~42%). Tested with the old 1%BV meta and it says 41% blocked on the character sheet with holy shield up, and with some quick math and an elite mob in TH it was confirmed to be 41% Blocked.

so the 5% less dmg on block would be better then the ~2.5% less dmg taken from the higher armor values(which has DRs) once you can push off more complete hits
    Tank Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    For Gems i do:

Yellow: Always Mastery/Stam
    Blue: Always Stam
    Red: Parry/Stam only when its a 2/3socket bonus, otherwise Stam*

Im considering using 81stam - 5% Block Value meta once i get into epic raiding gear and can get block+avoidance higher.
    The BV percent is actually additive, giving paladins 45% block of an attack, not 5% of the 40%(which would be ~42%). Tested with the old 1%BV meta and it says 41% blocked on the character sheet with holy shield up, and with some quick math and an elite mob in TH it was confirmed to be 41% Blocked.

so the 5% less dmg on block would be better then the ~2.5% less dmg taken from the higher armor values(which has DRs) once you can push off more complete hits
    I'm doing closely the same, at the moment I'm sitting at ~4% hit and I'm doing just fine with it for heroics at least.

I've reforged all the parry/dodge I can into mastery rating, losing about 2% avoidance but gaining like 10% block, not exact figures.

in WotLK we geared towards being able to take 2 back to back hits without any heals, now that that's not a problem anymore, our main priority is to take as little damage as possible to save healers mana. The best way to reduce incoming damage is through mastery rating.

As for gems I'm pretty much spamming mastery/stamina gems at the moment, I got a few slack slots with agi/stamina because I couldn't find anyone with the right recipes or on the AH, but I intend to replace those.