Mirror images...

Blizzard seriously needs to fix them, they're pulling EVERYTHING.

Yea my mages will run across the freaking map and pull adds, they've got to fix that!

there fine lol. the images attack what hates you the most. but because youre popping ur images without any threat on anything. they just attack anything. wait till youve hit a mob/boss a few timers before popping them and there fine.

I remember not too long ago that if you popped mirror images and you were not attacking anything they'd stand at your side as idle as you were, now they seem to run half an instance to find something to attack.

Wiped twice in stonecore on the third becuase i popped my images at max range of the boss and they proceeded to run to the BEGINNING of that passage and pull the mobs that you can skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightspark View Post
    I remember not too long ago that if you popped mirror images and you were not attacking anything they'd stand at your side as idle as you were, now they seem to run half an instance to find something to attack.

Wiped twice in stonecore on the third becuase i popped my images at max range of the boss and they proceeded to run to the BEGINNING of that passage and pull the mobs that you can skip.

I only pop them after I scorch the boss and they never seem to missbehave that way.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Don't use mirror images unless you accidently overaggro, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Don't use mirror images unless you accidently overaggro, fixed.
    this. they arent a very useful cooldown as far as dps goes, i save mine for the beginning of a fight when i blow out pet freeze/icy veins/frostfire orb/DEEP FREEZE UBER NUKE/ **Cold Snap** DEEP FREEZE UBER NUKE/frostfire orb

then i pop mirror images to ensure that the 2 65-110k crits dont get my face ripped off by the boss i just fornicated with massive deeps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solnx View Post
    Yea my mages will run across the freaking map and pull adds, they've got to fix that!
    dont know why but i lol'ed on this,got lovely scene in my head what would be reaction when running in pug

Mirror Image stopped being a dps cooldown when you went under 4 pieces of T10. Don't use them unless you overaggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's still a DPS cooldown and always has been, even without 4pt10. The mirror images do more damage over 30 seconds than any other GCD (except maybe flame orb).

Not true at all considering that an example would be on the last boss in blackrock caverns, I pulled aggro, popped my images and they ran near beauty's room and pulled the trash.

Stonecore. Used mirrors when the tank died to a ground slam, except the stupid things ran all the way across the room to go chat up a bunch of mobs minding their own business. It seems fairly random what target they'll fixate on, even if you have a lot of hate from one target, and none from another.

It seems to be back to the way it was in the early days of ICC.
    Last edited by Cryssa; 2010-12-14 at 09:23 PM.

Mine have been fine.

i havent seen mine do anything strange except every once in awhile it i will pop it and poof only one guy appears lol

Deleted
    They seems to obey commands I give to water elemental when it's up (not that it's much intelligent anyway) - Perhaps when you pop them without elemental or in different spec, pet control variables are set to aggresive by default ? Might want to check macro like this:

/cast mirror images
    /petpassive

even if you don't actually have any pet up (this trick worked with valkyr guardian from nibelung proc for example)

...Or perhaps it was just my imagination they obeyed them.

Seems very bugged to me!
    In stonecoreHC last night, as usual, cleared the rigth hand Ozruk trash, and every time i popped them to mask aggro during the fight, the entire room pulled.
    They had attacked nothing but Ozruk, but despite that, just spawning them was pulling roomfulls of trash. Happened with fire, and frost. It seems like they just spaz all over the place, pulling whatever the hell they want.

Deleted
    They sure are annoying right now. I learned the hard way to not use 'em at all if there is mobs in less than 20 yards.

Haven't had any issues with them yet. As long as you pay attention to your surroundings they won't aggro anything.

I have however had a huuuuge problem with my water elemental. once my primary target dies and i tab to the next one it gains a will of its own, attacking CCed mob and whatnot. Well annoying, but i guess i just need to use my pet bar more and stop it from attacking once my primary target dies.