Thread: Gnome vs worgen

Gnome vs worgen

I think i was asked to many times already but i cant find a clear answe anywhere what better:

Gnome racials:
    1. Expansive Mind 5% mana
    2. Escape Artist
    3. Arcane Resistance
    4. other racials are not so interesting.

Worgen racials:
    1. Aberration shadow nature resist
    2. Viciousness 1% crit
    3. Darkflight, mini sprint
    4. other racials are not so interesting.

So what better for a PVE focused mage?

Deleted
    Its 5% mana or 1% crit basically.. I'd go with the mana

Deleted
    Do racials care all that much in PvE?

If so, if Viciousness counts for Spell crit, that would be a nice scaling Dmg increase.. Better than 5% mana if you manage your rotation correctly.

I don't think you'll notice eighter one tbh.

Deleted
    Clearly Gnome tbh.

5% mana is what you realy want as caster.

Example: I r Gnome yes and got 70.000 mana atm. As Worgen that would be about 66.500

Gnome-mage can Talent for resistence against elemental damage, so no need to become a Worgen for it
    Gnome-mage can Talent his Blink with sprint-option, so no need to become a Worgen for it

And, don't you just love them little Gnomes?

I rest my case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nheo View Post
    Clearly Gnome tbh.

5% mana is what you realy want as caster.

Example: I r Gnome yes and got 70.000 mana atm. As Worgen that would be about 66.500

Gnome-mage can Talent for resistence against elemental damage, so no need to become a Worgen for it
    Gnome-mage can Talent his Blink with sprint-option, so no need to become a Worgen for it

And, don't you just love them little Gnomes?

I rest my case
    Yea thats good, exept from the fact that it is the BASE mana that means the mana you have without ANY form of gear on you, same with taurens and the 5% extra HP

Deleted
    Should have made a poll. But I'd take Worgen any day of the week if I cared about pve racials to the extreme.

However, I don't, so it would have to be a gnome, lol. Gnome is also a clear winner for pvp since Darkflight is on a 3m cd while Escape Artist is on 1.75m cd. Combined with Blink (with or without talent), a pvp trinket and your very small size in a battlefield and you become very hard to chase!

Deleted
    As gear progresses mana should no longer be a problem. so take the 1% as crit is supposed to never go up that high that you can get critcapped (never a problem for casters anyways)

Anyone have the true #'s at 85 what the 5% base mana increase is actually at? Especially for Fire mages, the 1% to crit would be better.

Problem is.... Worgen casting animation needs to be redone, severely.