Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I'm pretty sure people are complaining about prot paladins having the worst self-healing and whatnot.

But i'm sure that holy paladins will either be brought down to other class's levels, or they will be brought up.

Just have to give it time.

(Ret is balanced)
    As prot i dominate in self-healing. Normally with my guild healer i manage 20-25% of the heals over a dungeons, but once i got a priest who was on his first heroic as holy. I racked up 40% of the overall heals to his 55%(other 5% between enhance shammy and dk)
    Tank Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Blizzard said they wanted Ret to be more offensive, they failed badly. Our damage sucks on targets that die fast because of our massive ramp up time, we barely stand a chance against anything in PvP and we have far too much RNG. Questing is horrible aswell, aggroing 2 or 3 mobs can kill us, even having one mob on me will most likely take me below 50% health. And our 81 ability, Inquisition, is useless. Haven't heard anything about prots, only heard about holy being god-mode soloing everything, PvP-wise.
    Oh lol Inquisition...right..there was this skill. Maybe I should start using it. Could explain my bad dps good that I didn't start heroics yet.
    If you get killed by accidently pulling 2-3 mobs you fail at playing your ret paladin or are using a fail spec. 5-6 mobs should kill you if you don't have LoH ready or get really really lucky with word of glory. I see many paladins around me levelling prot but they are much slower than me (and not because of PoJ)
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-12-14 at 11:06 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    In Twilight Highlands for example, on those stupid naga quests where they keep coming up the shore, I died everytime I got four.

Not like were trying to aoe down the mobs, just accidental pulls.
    I'm fairly sure your problem with the mobs has less to do with the class and more to do with you were questing a real high respawn area (If you're talking about the naga beach I'm thinking of, it has such a high repawn rate, Athene used that area to grind to World first 85). I remember questing there and getting that exact situation described happen to me multiple times .

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    be more carefull.... WotLK is finished... this is CATACLYSM... mobs hurt
    I'm not qq'ing.

Simply stating.

I adapted and started pulling them back.

I feel like Feral Druids have been left out of Cataclysm (not saying We are bad, just saying we have nothing new)

-Skull bash (interrupt is obviously awesome but this is something we should've had since Vanilla)
    -Stampending Roar (40% movement speed for 6sec, 2min Cooldown, 10yards range) = Crap and very rarely usefull
    -Mushrooms (only slightly usefull for Boomkins, Range is crappy, damage is crappy cant be detonated while in cat/bear form).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Blizzard said they wanted Ret to be more offensive, they failed badly. Our damage sucks on targets that die fast because of our massive ramp up time, we barely stand a chance against anything in PvP and we have far too much RNG. Questing is horrible aswell, aggroing 2 or 3 mobs can kill us, even having one mob on me will most likely take me below 50% health. And our 81 ability, Inquisition, is useless. Haven't heard anything about prots, only heard about holy being god-mode soloing everything, PvP-wise.
    I´m sorry to say, but you´re obviously doing it wrong then. 1vs1 mob you shouldnt fall below 70-80%
    Inquisition is a MAJOR difference, on heroic bosses I do around 8-9k without it, with inquisition up I can push around 14k with no target switching.
    Only thing you said that I can agree to is the fact that our dmg is pretty bad against targets that die fast and general cleaving is nowhere near as good as pre 4.0.3 but deal with it, not all classes are über at everything and I sincerely doubt a raidleader will choose not to bring you, a ret, due to your low trash dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herald View Post
    Do I think you guys are OP? No. I think Blizzard spent massively more time on Paladins than any other class; they're the only one that's finished.
    Ret is finished? Are you sure

Zealotry = Still no fix
    Inquisition = Fail (Only useful with exorcism)
    Holy Wrath = A single target and aoe in one... Fail
    Seal of Righteousness = Fail
    Gap closer = Fail

With a development team still confused about what to do with "zealotry" are you sure that we are a finished product... No synergy in the mechanics downtime where all you are doing is white hits... Self healing that is pathetic... Off Healing you need to SPEC into...

Makes me wonder who here has truly read the Inquisition tooltip.
    Someone actually said it caused +30% dps? Wow.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2010-12-14 at 11:14 AM.

I think I will have to agree with the OP here. They have allways had to this "massive" focus on pallas as far as I've seen. Not saying they haven't with other classes, but I do think pallas gets alot of attention from Blizzard. But that being said, ret pallas do have some problems, so 2/3 talent speccs works perfectly.

But I am sure this will be adressed brother

On nerfing you mean? First they make them OP, then they nerf them that hard that own level mobs almost need a party of paladins to kill it, then boost it and then nerf it again ><..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post

Zealotry = Still no fix
    Gap closer = Fail

With a development team still confused about what to do with "zealotry" are you sure that we are a finished product... No synergy in the mechanics downtime where all you are doing is white hits... Self healing that is pathetic... Off Healing you need to SPEC into...
    you see only 5 problems with pallys i think dk are in need of about 20 hotfixes thankyou for agreeing with us

*and most of our hotfixes have been waiting since beggining of wrath as i said in previous post if you think blizz are going to dedicate as much time as they have pallys to other classes forget about they will start focusing on new exp releases soon enough*
    Last edited by mmoc50bf40230e; 2010-12-14 at 11:19 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I leveld as holy from 80-84.5 and the last 0.5 as retri.. it was a pain being retri, as I could both kill mobs faster and with less HP loss / down time while being holy.
    7-11 never stop

I'm pretty sure people are complaining about prot paladins having the worst self-healing and whatnot.
    Really?! No being snide, but where are these complaints? I'd love to set some Failadins straight. Prot is set up in such a way to have 3 viable spec options: Threat, Survivability and Mixed.

Threat focuses on exactly that; maximizing TPS while sacrificing self survivability.
    Survivability focuses on self-preservation through WoG.
    Mixed is a middle ground between the two with many ways to mix it.

Right now I'm specced for threat and gearing for survival. However, my off-spec is a solo survival build for when I go back to old content but is viable for endurance boss fights (and favorable in those situations).

I totally agree they spent more time on Paladins this time. But having been around since beta'04, Paladins deserve it!

If anything (as far as healers go) Paladin are where every other healer should be. They aren't over tuned and they do have flaws.

Zealotry = Still no fix
    Gap closer = Fail

Working as intended...

You obviously havent played during vanilla...but if thats true what you say, welcome to vanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    If anything (as far as healers go) Paladin are where every other healer should be. They aren't over tuned and they do have flaws.
    You must be doing it wrong to think we're balanced.

I easily outlast any other class in healing in effiency and least amount of overheal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholseynia View Post
    you see only 5 problems with pallys i think dk are in need of about 20 hotfixes thankyou for agreeing with us

*and most of our hotfixes have been waiting since beggining of wrath as i said in previous post if you think blizz are going to dedicate as much time as they have pallys to other classes forget about they will start focusing on new exp releases soon enough*
    i think dk are in need of about 20 hotfixes
    Paladin forums... Please stick to topic, discuss DKs in DK forums

you see only 5 problems with pallys
    I only listed the ones they said they were going to adress prior to live, you honestly think there are only 5 things wrong with Ret?

Again please keep this about PALADINS... DK have a seperate forum please go there...

ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, some of you actually get that big of a dps increase with inquisition? It only increases your holy damage and we barely have any :S And you're actually fine in PvP? I've missed something, something big. I don't stand a chance against anything. I was screaming out loud when I killed a rogue while doing dailies ^^ And yeah, I tend to go really low when I have multiple targets on me, since we have to choose between damage (TV) or healing (WoG), and getting all those holy power takes freakin' ages. Perhaps it's just my gear :/ Anyway, I still stand by the fact that Ret isn't that balanced, I feel so useless in dungeons except when I get to HoP someone >< Do any of you mind give me a link to a good ret spec? I've might have gotten a few valued points in the wrong place.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Paladin forums... Please stick to topic, discuss DKs in DK forums

I only listed the ones they said they were going to adress prior to live, you honestly think there are only 5 things wrong with Ret?

Again please keep this about PALADINS... DK have a seperate forum please go there...

ty
    lol @ you fool so to say this this is a pally only forum and no other class can be mentioned just kind of shows the kind of players pally attracts, to ignore comparisons is what one would call an ignorant pr@ck nuff said
    Last edited by mmoc50bf40230e; 2010-12-14 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehtnalav View Post
    In pvp, we have so many cooldowns, that 1vs1 is a faceroll, nothing stands a chance.
    I am not awesome at pvp, but I play my Ret since BC came out and I know what I am doing. Of course all the changes need some time to adapt to, but being not copletely new to the class helps.

I was in beta and with EQUAL gear we are faaaar from what you describe here. If we outgear our opponents we faceroll them, but on equal gear Rets are in a worse place now that we were in wotlk. Mages icelance you to death, demo locks eat you alive, Ferals play with you as if you were their little toy mouse... the list goes on.

Yes we have a chance against some classes, but we are way closer to being underpowered than to being op 1v1. In fact I would go as far as to say that Ret is one of the worst 5 specs of any class in 1v1.

I would LOVE to be wrong here, trust me. If you have videos of you doing fine against equal geared/skilled players let me see.
    Last edited by Crovyn; 2010-12-14 at 11:59 AM.