Ready for Raiding?

What exactly should one's gear look like to be ready to raid? Average iLvl wise? Mana/HP wise (for healers/tanks)? DPS wise?

346 blue for every slot you could do it with less, but why slack?

Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    346 blue for every slot you could do it with less, but why slack?
    Well, you can only get so much gear during the first week considering how slow heroics go.

Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    Well, you can only get so much gear during the first week considering how slow heroics go.
    Why are we rushing to get into raids? It's a new expansion, not a new patch. People are still leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    Why are we rushing to get into raids? It's a new expansion, not a new patch. People are still leveling.
    Leveling at an all time easy, how could you not be at 85 by now.

I would also say 346 for everything and higher. If your exalted with the new factions you can get at least 4 items that are 359.

Average of 335 is enough to start... Fully enchanted and gemmed of course (not necessarily the best ones though). Pots, food and flasks are a big plus.

Worse gear means harder encounters though.

Before, I was 329 average ilvl when i first hit 85, then I slowly cranked it up to 338. Those 9 average ilvl's made tankin heroics easier, i can handle most packs with only 1 cc without causing problems. The closer to 346 the better in my opinion.

Also, I dont know about other groups, but I find myself competing for top dps on most of the fights. <3 you vengeance. So I think beating the tank would also be a dps raiding checklist imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    Yeah, for real. I hit 85 in like 16 hours played, and I was barely even trying.

Obviously for raids you want 346, or at least 333.

4 alts to level in parallel, and a full time job.

I'm currently at 343 average but hopefully after this week with crafted/rep gear I'll have 5 pieces of 359 that will help a lot. Just waiting on everyone else in the guild to get ready

At 347 Ilvl atm, getting another 359 tonight or tomorrow, otherwise just have 2 ilvl 333 items that i'll replace tonight (Hopefully) As a tank i'm now fully gemmed & enchanted (154,3k UNBUFFED HP) Gona start raiding as soon as i can.

This is probably the recommended gear level of a tank that's gona start raiding, Hard Tanks = Easier encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Not to mention dealing with ganks while playing on a pvp server :/

Get the achievement from Deadmines or you can't raid imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrrah View Post
    Yeah, for real. I hit 85 in like 16 hours played, and I was barely even trying.
    Because not everyone has the time or to do just that, level for 16 hours, run heroics for gear, max professions, get appropriate rep with factions for head/shoulder enchants. It's only been a week ><

Really, it depends how good you are. You can compensate for gear with skill. If you are very good just stroll right into raids as soon as you are all blue, if you are average you will need full heroic loot, and if you are bad you will just fail anyway. The raids are well tuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    Like... all 346 gear (tank) ? I have all 346 and 359 pieces now. Getting ready to go do our 1st BWD tonight and hopefully smack the crap out of Magmaw and the Defense System.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Meh I am not leveling all my alts just yet. I am going to try and knock out Glory of the Cataclysm Hero first before I bring up my next character to 85 and be killing raid bosses.

As a sidenote if you are in a smaller guild then you may want to save your alt leveling for later on down the road in an effort to cap on guild XP since its reduced now.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    The guilds who cleared the raids last lockout were the ones who rushed. A week to get from 80-85 and level your professions up 75 levels (especially if you don't have two crafting profs) while running a few heroics isn't that intense.

Another question: Are all the raids of the same difficulty (gear wise)?

Another question: Are all the raids of the same difficulty (gear wise)?
    The raids, in my opinion, are much easier in entry level gear than the 5 man heroics. What they're like on heroic though, that's another story.