Unusable ToL in Early Heroics?

Now, let me preface by saying that I'm not crying... I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go about gearing up with the new ultra-badass heroics.

It seems to me that at the 333 gear level using treeform is a death sentence to your party. You'll oom so fast its not funny, and then they will all die. I also understand that this will undoubtedly change when we all eventually get geared.

BUT! Until then, I was thinking about this wonky spec here,

8/2/31
    http://wowtal.com/#k=g_jji3BJ.a8t.druid.Q6C10Q

This spec forgoes ToL completely in favour for maximum mana conservation and throughput, while taking NS over cleanse because I've already found myself using fairly often to give someone a quick boost. I know it would be unacceptable for raiding; but, for heroics at a low gear level, what do you guys think?

How is ToL wasting your mana? Are you spamming regrowth while in it?

In heroics I have found amazing uses for it, especially for aoe healing, triple stacking lifebloom on the whole group is efficient, and effective.
    If you are spamming regrowth while in ToL, you are doing it wrong unless someone is just about to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

heh, yeah... you caught me. but really, the biggest bonuses ToL gives are WG and regrowth related, which are both sooo expensive... and for 45 seconds at a time it doesn't seem worth the points when mana has become such an issue all around.
    Last edited by fews; 2010-12-14 at 01:52 PM.

1. Put Lifebloom on every member of the party
    2. Instant Regrowth every time you get an OOC proc
    3. Profit!

ToL is a mana conservation talent. If you are OOMing from ToL then you are doing something terribly wrong.

dont use it for its enhanced spells, use it because of the 15% bonus to healing it gives. And the lifeblooms on everybody of course =D

right well it sounds like i am doing something awfully wrong here. i shall reevaluate my heal strategies. thanks guys

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would also change my specc abit if I where you. You are having two points in blessing of the grove for 4% more healing done by your rejuvenation. Why not find an extra point and get 4% more healing on all your spells by getting master shapeshifter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warrcry View Post
    I would also change my specc abit if I where you. You are having two points in blessing of the grove for 4% more healing done by your rejuvenation. Why not find an extra point and get 4% more healing on all your spells by getting master shapeshifter?
    Also, Nature's Cure > Swift Rejuvenation. You shouldn't spam Rejuv anyways and being able to dispell magic effects is worth one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjursta View Post
    being able to dispell magic effects is worth one point.
    If you want to heal heroics you need to be able to dispell magic. There are a lot of fights it makes easier and a few were it is simply required (heroic asaad for example).

When there is heavy raid damage, ToL is the best spell next to Tranquility. 3 stack Lifebloom on as many party members as possible, and regrowth on ClearCasting which should happen a LOT once you have multiple lifebloom stacks rolling. If you are using ToL, your healing output should skyrocket, and you should be using *much* less mana, not burning through it.