Deleted

Enchanting your weapon - "Increase XX for XX sec" worth it?

Hey there

So i have gotten to the point where i now want to enchant my stuff.
    I looked at the new Cataclysm enchants and saw the weapon enchants

Are they worth it? Im a healer and therefor i assume i should go for either

"Heartsong: Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes increase Spirit by 200 for 15 sec when casting spells."
    or
    "Power Torrent: Permanently enchant a weapon to sometimes increase Intellect by 500 for 12 sec when dealing damage or healing with spells.

I mean arent it better to have the stat on your weapon permently than having a stat that procs now and then for some secs? For me it is and a rather want the big spell power you got from WotLK

What do you think?

What else are you considering for option? 500 int is large buff...even if it is just for 12 seconds

Ive heard paladins prefer Power Torrent, where the other classes are using heartsong. I haven't gotten a weapon worthy of enchanting yet, so I can't tell you from personal experience
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Deleted
    As i said i rather want 63 SP on my weapon for a permantly stat than having a proc now and then.

Or thats not better?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think having the 500 int for 12 seconds is worth is because your heals will do so much more, and that means a lil less healing.

Also if you can get 2 weapons, on for those fights that are really mana intensive,so longer fights, and a second where the extra oomph will help, shorter fights more damage. Well atleast thats what I plan on doing once I get my Shaman and druid to 85

edit: The 63 SP is soooo piddly now. Its not even worth it.
    Last edited by Naus; 2010-12-14 at 02:23 PM. Reason: see edit
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

The heartsong is actually an Amazing enchant. So far I have noticed that it has no ICD, so it is up literally continuous. That's an extra 200 Spirit. So until we, Enchanters, can buy the Formulae for Power Torrent (5 Maelstrom Crystals ftl (these are the new "Abyss Crystals")), I'd say go with this one. Unless your server already DE's items. In which case you can try both!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desamorix View Post
    The heartsong is actually an Amazing enchant. So far I have noticed that it has no ICD, so it is up literally continuous. That's an extra 200 Spirit. So until we, Enchanters, can buy the Formulae for Power Torrent (5 Maelstrom Crystals ftl (these are the new "Abyss Crystals")), I'd say go with this one. Unless your server already DE's items. In which case you can try both!
    So spirit is better than Int in this case?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen View Post
    As i said i rather want 63 SP on my weapon for a permantly stat than having a proc now and then.

Or thats not better?
    Compare that to

+1 weapon damage
    vs
    1000 ap/12 sec every 45 sec.

Which would be better in the end, on average?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen View Post
    So spirit is better than Int in this case?
    If you are having Mana troubles at all, yes. As I'm unsure of your class, I'm gonna recommend Heartsong. (Unless you are a Paladin, in which case you can probably Enchant the 5 Intellect chant from Vanilla (Is there one? Can't remember).... /end bitterness against Pallies.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desamorix View Post
    If you are having Mana troubles at all, yes. As I'm unsure of your class, I'm gonna recommend Heartsong. (Unless you are a Paladin, in which case you can probably Enchant the 5 Intellect chant from Vanilla (Is there one? Can't remember).... /end bitterness against Pallies.)
    Im a shaman Anyway thanks for the replies

all depends on proc rate i guess

Deleted
    ^^

Yeah anyone knows how high the proc rate is?[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc85011dd107; 2010-12-14 at 02:56 PM.