Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakmax View Post
    There's a cap to how many valor points you can get per week which can easily be reached by raiding. So if you don't want to you will never have to go in a heroic again for valor points. Just saying.
    Do you expect to clear every raid the first week and cap VP from day 1? Especially in 10 men that give less VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzy View Post
    Does become a pain in the ass when people in my house start bugging me for stuff >..<
    I've run into the same thing, roommates always bothering me.

OT: Heroics are a lot more fun now. For the most part I can only run 2, maybe 3, a night instead of the 10-12 I could run in Wrath. I like this a lot more seeing as how I won't gear up as fast and thus can prolong the excitement of Cata.

Thanks Blizz!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit that with guildies it's a lot easier. I have done a few randoms and I can't say I haven't gotten frustrated or a little confused at people's actions. I also can't say I haven't had fun. A tank friend and I two manned the second boss in heroic Stonecore from 20% and it was a blast when I was screaming in Skype to heal himself so I could mash Kill Shot like a good hunter. I think that heroics are great even when doing randoms. I also think it would be somewhat useful to decrease the deserter debuff to fifteen minutes for the next 1-2 months just so people can get in and out of bad groups easily and not be bored for a half hour.

Deleted
    Same here, loving the difficulty... The only downside is the time I have to play. I come home from school, play WoW for maybe 1h30 or 2h, then dinner, homework, another 1h30-2h for WoW. With 45min queues, I just don't have the chance to actually complete a dungeon outside of weekends, and even then I'll probably have either of my parents telling me they need the pc for 'just' 10 minutes... They think they're taking 10 mins from me, but they're taking 30 mins of being queued from me =s
    And for those who are about to reply 'lol r u 12 or wht? nub', I'm 16. Maybe still young/immature from your point of view, but I'm not gonna let that bother me cause I know better =)
    Last edited by mmoca572945696; 2010-12-14 at 03:35 PM.

i realized i'm in the minority with this....

....but wiping several times in 5 man heroics, taking over 2 hours to complete a dungeon....this doesn't sound too fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    Do you expect to clear every raid the first week and cap VP from day 1? Especially in 10 men that give less VP.
    I assumed you were talking about what it will be like in later months. If your talking about right now then your argument is null, because you should be in heroics anyway for the gear. You shouldn't be stressing about the valor points atm, just run the heroics until your geared enough to start raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    ....but wiping several times in 5 man heroics, taking over 2 hours to complete a dungeon....this doesn't sound too fun to me.
    if u cant tolerate wiping a few times and it taking longer than any wrath heroic, the door is to your left.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like learning how to play all over again. It's like the way Wrath was supposed to be. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kil Jaeden the Deceiver View Post

Also I find it strange how random the difficult of bosses are; did BRC Heroic yesterday, first boss 1 shotted, second wiped about 8 times cause fear made us fail every time, 3rd boss we wiped about 10 times

Yeah, some bosses have an insane learning curve compared to others in the same instance. My group killed/wiped the first boss, we two shot the second, and spent nearly 2 hours trying to get the 3rd down. It didn't happen, but hey, it's something to stride for.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

I also enjoy the newfound difficulty of cata heroics. I've got a fairly steady group of people I'm playing with and we do well in almost all the heroics at this point; thats most definitely not to say that we're having an "easy" time though. We wipe several times to learn new bosses, we use cc, we wait for mana, and we communicate regularly (even when we're short a member pugs generally join skype/vent with us as well).

I love the communication aspect of the dungeons. Although I am enjoying the dungeons I do feel some of them are a bit long; I do also understand that as we learn them better and have better gear this will be less of an issue, so I'm not complaining about it for now.

I really hope that the dungeons are not nerfed! It's awesome to see patience, improvement, and communication from people again. Watching someone improve their play over the course of an instance is quite awesome too!

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I was saying this same thing to my guild the other night. Some of the fights really feel like raid encounters. There are things you HAVE to avoid or wipe (stonecore bosses come to mind). It is not something you can just beast through like wrath heroics. They are pretty fun. The trash is harder than the bosses sometimes too!
    Raid encounters to me only mean one thing to me : gimmicks and gratuitous damage. Nothing more, nothing less. As for the mechanics being in 5 mans, as if we haven't seen most of the moves/effects already. Big deal. Frankly the only person who has a hard job in heroics now is the healer, who has to compensate for every water cooler raider. Tanks just have to follow the script, and dps just not be stupid.

Only thing challenging is, being under geared, dealing with random people, and the various dick moves that Blizz put into encounters. If this is a real challenge...
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakmax View Post
    and I love it. Been flasking, prepotting, fish feasting just to down some of these ridiculously awesome bosses. I love the feeling of killing a boss after wipiing 3 or 4 times to him, and I love the epic feel most of these fights have. I love the fact that as a dps I'm finally required to do something again, and if my damage isn't good enough I will wipe the group. I love that during a fight I'm responsible for keeping myself alive sense healers don't have time/mana to throw me a million heals. I love the feeling you get when a blue item drops and your fucking ecstatic to have that blue item, and you feel as if you earned every stat on that item. All in all I love these new heroics.

What about you guys? Am I just crazy or is everyone else having as much fun as I am? Favorite heroic so far was deadmines, just a really well done heroic, and the Vanessa fight was so entertaining.
    pretty much the same. Only that I havent been prepotting and stuff
    However I have the feeling that this only works in rnds and people tend to be very stupid there. I ran a hero with only people I knew and it was pretty much faceroll rofl stomp. pretty much many raidencounters have been if you werent a bad player even back in vanilla and TBC

I haven't really had much experience in heroics yet.
    I'm gonna wait for guildies to catch up.

Did a Heroic Halls... ugly.
    The first few trash packs wiped the group several times.
    The DK tank kept throwing his DnD on top of the trapped and sheeped mobs.
    After being asked not to, then doing it 2 more wipes worth, he left after a good tongue lashing.
    Then the group fell apart.
    Then I decided I will not PuG heroics.
    Not yet.

Deleted
    I agree, but this kind of positive posts are just as anoying as whiners. Just stop posting about dungeons overall please...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I agree, but this kind of positive posts are just as anoying as whiners. Just stop posting about dungeons overall please...
    Wait a second, you don't want people to post about dungeons in a forum called "Raids & Dungeons"? Really?

They need to reduce the amount of trash in some of the heroics. It gets tedious after a while doing the same CC and fighting the same trash pack for several minutes. That's why it takes an hour or two to do them. Halls of Origination is the worst in terms of length. Stonecore is terrible with the amount of trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    i completely agree! i couldn't be any happier spending 3-4 hours in a heroic. i play a moonkin and i feel more useful than ever! i have roots which seems to have been improved since the release of the x-pac. it doesn't seem to break so easily from it's own damage. there are plenty of beasts and dragonkin atm so i can hibernate things. and i can help tanks out with solar beam to move those pesky casters. and my damage is still competitive. only gripe i have is that my heals cost so much to cast, so i have to choose very wisely when and if i'm going to help the healer out at all. normally tranquility is enough to give the healer a moment to save his mana though.

all in all i'm very happy in heroics!

I love the heroics, I just wish I didn't feel mentally exhausted after a long one like deadmines lol

I love the new 5 mans, especially in the heroics. It might take a couple times to get the fight mechanics down, but man are they fun... my favorite dungeon on heroic is deadmines with the frogger at the end lol

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    Nope, I don't like how horrible it is when I do LFD. Wiping a million times on bosses and sometimes trash and going through 4 or 5 different healers and tanks on the first or up to the second boss is not fun to me. Should be a little better once more of my guildies are 85 and I am on at the correct times to run with them. But I used to like using LFD, it was interesting to see all different kinds of people, but now it's a nightmare.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    Nope, I don't like how horrible it is when I do LFD. Wiping a million times on bosses and sometimes trash and going through 4 or 5 different healers and tanks on the first or up to the second boss is not fun to me. Should be a little better once more of my guildies are 85 and I am on at the correct times to run with them. But I used to like using LFD, it was interesting to see all different kinds of people, but now it's a nightmare.
    This that has to do with just how bad Wrath made new players... All the people who love the new heroics run mostly with guildies as the majority of the group which IMO is great, yeah means longer ques for people who only use LFD tool but it also builds a stronger core within a guild because you all work together. Before LFD tool was introduced had to run with close friends in wrath and ya dungeons weren't hard off the bat but took time when you were still using lvl 70 gear. Another thing I think that leads to a lot of wipes besides Wrath Babies(and I mean this in as players who didn't learn how to play their class besides AoE and spam) is people exploiting the iLvl requirement for heroics last night I had a shaman healer in Heroic Lost City and he had the new 359 alchemist stone and 1 333 iLvl piece the rest were all green/iLvl 313 which lead to use not being able to clear the place with his gear. So back on point people need to just take a step back run more normals and actually get mostly iLvl 333 before running off to do heroics and expect to be carried to loot.