does maelstrom weapon have an internal cooldown?

and does it have internal cooldown?
    Last edited by crzyman007; 2010-12-14 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    and does it have internal cooldown?
    No, it is a PPM, or Proc Per Minute. I'm not sure what Maelstrom Weapon's PPM is, but what that means is that it determines the percentage chance per swing based on your weapons' base swing speed. It procs off of all physical damage, which includes Windfury (both hits), white swings, Stormstrike (both hits), and Lava Lash. I'm not sure if it procs off of the UE WF effect. I've never noticed, but that is primarily due to the way I have my Power Auras set up.

Example:
    10 PPM
    Weapon speed (base) 3.0 sec

60seconds/3 seconds = 20 Swings
    10 Procs/20 Swings = 50% chance on hit to proc MW

So say in 10 seconds you have the following:
    10 melee hits
    4 Stormstrike hits
    6 WF hits
    1 LL hit
    You could expect 21*(0.50) MW procs, but this number could be anywhere from 5 to 20 actual procs due to the random number generator that has plagued enhancement shaman in the past. Hope this helps.

Note: The numbers are purely made up, I have no idea what the PPM for MW actually is; however you could probably look that up on WoWhead or something. Also note that it is the weapons' base swing speed. Haste increases the swing speed of your weapons, but does not influence the base swing speed - thus does not change the percentage chance. This is a significant portion of the reason we saw so many enhancement shamans stacking haste in 3.2-3.3. Fully buffed I had sub one second swing timers without bloodlust or hyperspeed accelerators. You should expect a certain amount of procs over the duration of a fight, but they could come at any time.
    Last edited by LyskaWF; 2010-12-14 at 03:52 PM.

Maelstrom Weapon is 10 ppm

can anyone tell me, how to calculate the proc chance with the 20% pvp bonus?
    would like to know how much maelstrom procs you can get in one minute with two 2.6 speed weapons.

With the PvP bonus it should be a 52% chance to gain a stack on every weapon hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Galatan View Post
    can anyone tell me, how to calculate the proc chance with the 20% pvp bonus?
    would like to know how much maelstrom procs you can get in one minute with two 2.6 speed weapons.
    I'm confused as to exactly what you would do with this information.