Deleted

[Holy] Mastery, useful or useless?

Do you, just like me, ignore mastery for the time being?
    It saddens me everytime I see the stat on plate healing items, as I feel I'm better off using crit / haste. Even though I can't rely on crit, I can't rely on the mastery shield either, as sometimes the person that I heal will not get damaged for the duration of the shield, thus I wasted a stat on something that most of the times does not even have a purpose.

Is it something better when you stack it or what? I can't seem to figure it out, nor have I found any great in-depth statistics on it.

Also, did they nerf it again? I believe it was 1.25% per point of mastery, but the tooltip says 1% again.

Deleted
    wrong post.

I'd take mastery over crit as it's reliable and doesn't result in overheal(typically). I wouldn't take mastery over haste though.

I'd take mastery over crit, then reforge it to spirit > : ).

Stubb

at the moment im reforging mainly haste and spirit but with full epic gear im going to go for a decent amount of mastery, at the moment with low gear you need to work on other stats, at the mo my haste is just under 11% so fully buffed my cast time on holy light is 1.91 secs, im aiming for around 2k haste which should be easy enough in full epic gear then mastery will be much better to go for but its still nice to have on gear as its still pretty good in the crap gear we have.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    I'd take mastery over crit as it's reliable and doesn't result in overheal(typically). I wouldn't take mastery over haste though.
    Outside of 5mans(inside raids) nearly all of our heals even while crits do not over heal. Personally I'm going crit>mastery but only for the fact that crit buff's mastery absorbs but mastery doesn't increase crit chance. Overall I'm prioritizing spirit>haste>crit>mastery and I'm finishing most normal mode bosses with mana to spare.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.