Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    @ 7 Only when you are damaged yourself too, yes (18% vs 27% of base mana), but the other 6 points sum it up quite well (especially point 4 with serenity is important).
    Also, as holy, only use PW:S for body and soul, and maybe at the start of a fight, since PW:S is VERY mana inefficient nowadays (for holy). And only heal when you are ~90% sure that you aren't going to do any overhealing anyways (there are exeptions).
    The thing with FH vs BH, if you have to consider using FH on a target, chances are, you took some damage also. Yes they do cost the same amount of mana and have the same cast speed. I would rather save myself and another player instead of waste two globals and double mana.

I really need to check Recount a bit more but my experience is that I use GH as much as Heal. Usually the tank has damage enough to warrant a GH instead of casting three Heals. Gives me time to use two Heals on the dps instead if needed. If a dps goes down below 50% health I use GH on them too.

What I wanted to say is that I don't feel that I spam Heal. While GH's base HPM is worse than Heal's ToT evens them out a bit. Of course I do cast mostly Heals in periods where no one is taking much damage and I just sort of top them off. By that I mean taking them up to around 10% damage or so... I'm very careful not to overheal.

But I'm discipline and of course I also use Penance before GH and I always keep a shield up on the tank when Weakened Soul expires. And I also can't tell anything about raid healing since our guild doesn't have the numbers for it yet (lacking healers mostly).

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Heal Chakra holy word heals for more than heal for less mana. Use it every cd.
    Yes and no. I think Serenity usage in tank healing is very much like CoH usage in Wrath. It is reasonably effective if used on CD, but there are times when it makes sense to save it. For instance, if I know the tank is going to take some burst damage, I save it for that and follow it up with a GH or, in some cases, even a FH because it quickly gets him out of the danger zone and adds the extra crit onto the subsequent heals. In fact, if you're running the FH glyph (which is a reasonable choice for heroics, IMO) that's an extra 50% Crit if following Serenity on a low health tank AND it increases the HPS of a subsequent GH/PoH which not only helps justify the mana cost but also increases it's HPM.

So, sure, if you're just expecting normal tank damage, there's no reason not to use it on CD, but don't get stuck in that mentality.