WinterGrasp is obsolete in Cata?

do they plan on adding rewards for WG specifically, maybe even Conquest points? to make it worth doing or is it going to be completely obsolete in Cata?

right now its completely dead. last 2 times i've qued everyone that gets in leaves, and nobody can knock down anything since there aren't even enough player to kill to get vehicles. last night i think i had a 1v1 WG for a while, then somebody qued in on my side, i saw him for about 2 minutes then i think he hearthstoned out, and i think i was the only one running around.

sad how fast this concept failed. only thing that can save it would be unique/exclusive rewards towards something IMO.

Deleted
    Tried Tol Barad?

I hear killing NPC's ranks you up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    do they plan on adding rewards for WG specifically, maybe even Conquest points? to make it worth doing or is it going to be completely obsolete in Cata?

right now its completely dead. last 2 times i've qued everyone that gets in leaves, and nobody can knock down anything since there aren't even enough player to kill to get vehicles. last night i think i had a 1v1 WG for a while, then somebody qued in on my side, i saw him for about 2 minutes then i think he hearthstoned out, and i think i was the only one running around.

sad how fast this concept failed. only thing that can save it would be unique/exclusive rewards towards something IMO.
    They replaced it with Tol Barad. Same Wintergrasp fighting, but in a new location. You should queue for it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    right now its completely dead. last 2 times i've qued everyone that gets in leaves, and nobody can knock down anything since there aren't even enough player to kill to get vehicles.
    kill NPCs?

You went through WotLK without knowing you can get ranks from NPC's? Wow...just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmiles View Post
    You went through WotLK without knowing you can get ranks from NPC's? Wow...just wow.
    i had no idea you could. i always thought the people killing the npc's were noobs lol. i even qued it kind of a lot in relation to others but i really go into it just trying to kill people. the rewards for WG have been crap for a long time now.

wow....

I spent my days farming wintergrasp by camping out the towers to destroy guns as soon as matches started. a tower and a half of guns would get you ranked to drive demos/seige.

also tol barad is the new wintergrasp and the only reason to go and secure wintergrasp is so your faction gets the 5% xp boost in northrend.