Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My ABSOLUTE favorite use is when a priest yanks party members across the broken bridges in Grim Batol. Twas very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Please be careful who you use it on. You will piss off good players who know exactly what they're doing and have no need at all for some random priest's intervention. That's all the advice I can give from a dps and tank's PoV.

(Seriously, if you'd lifegrip my tank away because the boss uses Mace while there's really no need for it, I'd personally tank YOU out of the group. There's no need for you to play my class).

This spell is excellent in the use of good priests, but make sure not to cast it haphazardly.

as a priest and tank, i wholeheartedly approve of this sentiment.

if you're not using it to correct an obvious mistake, communicate what you intend to do ahead of time. when warned i'm being yanked as soon as mace phase begins, i'd consider it unneccessary, but not irritating like it would be if it weren't expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    EoTS, when that one faceroll ele comes up and Tstorms people off, you can always save that 1 lucky soul

Not trying to be funny but seriously if ur ever in Kara and some moron is going to start moving during Flamewreath in the Shade of Aran fight, you can stop the raid from blowing up

10+ Year Old Account
    as a tank, got life gripped away from the teleport in HoO so he could take it :/

Quote Originally Posted by MatsT View Post
    The best use of Lifegrip is to pull back the tank when he's about to pull and you are OOM
    Haha this made me smile xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Ripping a DPS out of the air after getting hit by a burst on Magmaw.

Pulling a slowed tank on Nezir to you so you can make the ultimate jump window.

Pulling a tank at the 40yd max range to buy yourself 1-2 seconds of healing.

Working with your slowing classes to kite mobs and bring the tank to you kiting the mobs through slow.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2010-12-16 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On atramedes trash in BWD..I believe you can lifegrip someone marked with execution out of range of the execute. You have to grip them more than 40yds away from the mob.

Deleted
    in DM heroic to get those silly melee out of harvest on foe reaper. every run I do there its always just me and a ranged on the boss

am i the only one who thinks it is crazy funny how much tanks get annoyed by lifegrip

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in a Wsg last night as prot flag running and had a DK DG me to the middle platform. I got wailed on and snared etc for a few seconds, only to be Life Gripped by a priest from my guild right on to our flag spawn. Beautiful move that on his part with a score to boot
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    On atramedes trash in BWD..I believe you can lifegrip someone marked with execution out of range of the execute. You have to grip them more than 40yds away from the mob.
    Tried last night, he still died had 3 priests chain gripping him away

Well since i got yelled at using it on a dps warrior, i just took the dam thing off my bar. I can see this causing all sorts of grief for me. So better to let them die.

I've gotten pulled back a few times during corpse runs just so the priest could get ahead. Excellent usage...

Quote Originally Posted by janetdelaine View Post
    Well since i got yelled at using it on a dps warrior, i just took the dam thing off my bar. I can see this causing all sorts of grief for me. So better to let them die.
    Ah, I wouldn't take it off my bar because one idiot didn't like you saving his life, it's not really fair to the people who know what they are doing who you can save from unavoidable mechanics. As you said, if you have someone complain, then don't use it and let them die if it doesn't put the rest of the group in danger.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Please be careful who you use it on. You will piss off good players who know exactly what they're doing and have no need at all for some random priest's intervention. That's all the advice I can give from a dps and tank's PoV.

(Seriously, if you'd lifegrip my tank away because the boss uses Mace while there's really no need for it, I'd personally tank YOU out of the group. There's no need for you to play my class).

This spell is excellent in the use of good priests, but make sure not to cast it haphazardly.
    Normally I can tell whether said tank is good or not. In general I try to avoid gripping tanks. What I mainly use it for is those hurr durr casters who stand 2 feet away from the mobs they are attacking and as a result take shitloads of damage and consequently devour my mana pool.
    Last edited by bajerman; 2010-12-16 at 04:49 PM.

Greifing: if you stand right by the edge of a cliff (like RIGHT on the edge) they get pulled in front of you, IE off the cliff

Generally:Pulls someone out of AoE (or into good aoe) can be used to give dps a few more seconds on the boss.

Agro: you can pull a melee out of agro making the boss require more agro for the melee to pull agro of the boss (since at range you require more agro to pull) and lets tanks build more)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatsT View Post
    The best use of Lifegrip is to pull back the tank when he's about to pull and you are OOM
    lol, i agree

This has tons of uses, many excellent ones already mentioned. One of my favorites is the first boss in HoO, where I can LoF the tank back up and he can interupt the AoE a lot quicker that way. In Grim Batol, I've never used it on the mace, but have used it on the shield to pull straggling ranged to safety, and same for the breath on the boss after that. I've also used it to pull people into the eye for the AoE on the last boss in there. I've used it Throne of Four Winds too, when tanks have messed up the jumps.

None of the tanks or dps I've used it on have gotten upset when I've used it. Sure, they're good enough to avoid it themselves, at least the ones in my guild, but why is it offensive if I'm giving them extra buffer? Besides, everyone makes mistakes. The only real complaints I've gotten have been that they find it a bit disorienting, but since it's usually either planned or in the general direction they were going anyway, it's a minor complaint. Seriously, unless he pulled you to a worse spot than you were in or, as a result someone dies because they didn't get a heal because he was using it unnecessarily, there's no reason to get upset. Swallow your pride.

And as someone else mentioned, it would have been awesome for Putricide. I would have equally loved to have it for saving people in straggling val'kyr or slow reaction to Defiles too. I'm sure some of the higher tiers in Cataclysm will have some similar mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    It can be used to bring back the first person who decides to abandon the group and run out of the dungeon if a wipe is starting to occur.
    This made me lol. "NO YOU DON'T BITCH!"

Hmm...I've used it on several Mages standing in various bad things, just trying to remember where....Also, in cooperation with the tank, I use it so the boss can run to the tank and we can have some breathing time. Good with slow bosses.

"I want a Tier that actually looks stereotypical.
    Hunter in camo; Rogue in ninja gear; Priest in a prison uniform - that sort of thing."