I need to start out by saying I am a Multiboxer. I have been Tanking and Healing dungeons (without software mind you) since TBC. In Wrath, I did all the (H)'s, all raids up to ICC10. Aside from the raids, one of the things I enjoy about boxing is Insta-queue since, again, I am a Tank and a Healer. I am pretty good at what I do too. Given this, I've seen tons and tons of DPS that I've played with, and most are really bad at the game. They don't understand aggro, nor do they understand targeting and how to assist. I don't fault them.

I feel that there should be instances that people can go to to learn the finer points and skills of each role. Tank/DPS/Heal

Here is the setup:

Tank Training Dungeon
You, the tank, go in with 4 NPC's ( 3 DPS and 1 Healer ) and you progress through the run. You could have simple mechanics that help see if you know how to tank. Is there CC, did you ranged pull back and not break CC. Did you LoS(Line of Sight casters)? If a mob got free, did you pick it up and taunt it back. Did you not stand in the fire while tanking? Did you turn the Boss away from the group, etc...

DPS Training Dungeon
You, the DPS, go in with 4 NPC's ( 1 tank 2 dps and 1 healer ) and you progress through the run. The mechanics here could be, Fire on the ground, did you get out of it? Did you CC your target the tank asked you to? Did you do this or that that was asked of you.

Healer Training Dungeon
In here, basically you let the tank build some threat and manage your own heal threat. Your #1 goal is to keep the tank up, as your DPS should be paying attn to where the fire is on the ground (as should you). Did you run away from your tank as that mob was attacking you or did you take the mob TO the tank to pick it up?

There are a lot of things you could do with this, as far as mechanics and levels and tiers of certification. Progressively harder Training dungeons that allow you to get certified that you understand this or that mechanic.

Once you have completed the Tank Training Dungeon, you get Tank Certified. You can debate whether or not that will allow you to queue for LFD as a Tank, some may say no, but I think it should be a yes. Same thing goes with DPS and Healers.

This will slow things down of course, but it will help make the experience BETTER for everyone when they group with PUGs in LFD as they'd be a certified $ROLE. (where $ROLE = Tank, DPS, or Heal)

People could, of course, always get their own group and be a baddie by themselves.

I'd love to hear feedback on this concept.

Thanks everyone,
Fly