Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    Where there's several persons getting hit (as in raid / boss AoE) haste could help but would evaporate my mana, mastery would help after people's HP starts getting really bad, crit would help all the time.
    I totally agree. But remember that we have to keep things mana-efficient. Of course, a GHW with procs (Unleashed Elements + Focused Insight) heals a ton of HP. Nevertheless, this heal should only be used in burst situations.

I do not know 10-man raids yet; I expect a lot of burst-damage. But there will also be"predictable" damage situations in which you heal most efficient with HW. And in those situations you should have at least some haste.

At the moment I'm very happy with the following priorities: Int>Spi>Crit>Haste>Mastery. Reforging Mastery to Crit is the best solution in my opinion. Haste is important but can be pushed by other things (weapon/trinket procs, WL haste buff, etc.). Mastery imo is mostly negligible because it helps the least at the moment.

I have yet to do the math so I'm not going to churn out any numbers or figures on the idea but i do want to point out a few things;

1: Stat priority id relative to play style.

2: Stat priority can also be situation (long fights versus short).

3: though we all seem to love to theory-craft sometimes even the best math or logic can be wrong.

over all i think the "BIS" List will depend on your play style and the current content to which you have access. For me it is as follows.

I start every fight with an ES tank running in rip tided. I wait for them to drop about 10kish in health and with all things considered rely on Healing Wave to bring em back up. it is our most efficient heal when comparing mana cost versus healing done.

This ration compliments haste more then any other heal. Also the heal heals two targets, and returns mana on crit.

So for me I choose to have a stat weight system..

Int > Haste > spirit > Crit > mastery

Though i do have a rule I never forge spirit to anything.. I leave those pieces alone.

as it stands now my unbuffed stats are 15% crit 15% haste and 1100ish + spirit with 72k mana and 5700= healing and i find i do pretty well when triage"ing" the instances.

remember Stats and BIS are going to be decided on YOUR play style... the "ideal play style" is getting very gray with the multitude of custom-ability and the variation of content. Stop looking for a be all end all answer and start thinking threw what works for you

Your local area shaman

Inspirit

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 08:23 AM ----------

I've also found This rotation to be quite helpful in bursts.

RipTide > Unleash Elements > GHW > GHW > Healing SURGE ... repeat

My healing "rotation" is actually quite similar.

ES - Gift of the Naaru (free heal, I usually use it until the tank takes a hit or two before RT'ing. It actually crits for 4-5k!)- HW, HW, HW (until he's 30-40% health then I proceed to UE - GHW rinse repeat.) Something similar. Depends on the situation though.

I also keep the rule of never forging off spirit. Only mastery. (To haste if the gear is hasteless, or Crit if the piece already has haste).

Technically speaking, Haste may be an MP5 loss, but it does make Healing Wave cast faster (HW, being such a cheap heal you practically regain the mana by the time the next one finishes casting), and the more HW you can dish out on the tank, the fewer times you'll be in your "Oh-shit he's getting low" state.

So far, in both 10 and 25-man settings my mana regen and efficiency has been fine, especially using spirit proc trinkets (timed with Mana Tide on every cooldown), I'd have to argue that haste is still a pretty nice stat to keep (but not completely stack like we did in Wrath).

Maybe I'll try to get some parses up.

Also on top of making HW faster, there are certain "waypoints" where you actually gain a tick to riptide and eartliving procs due increased haste.

Corrupted egg shell is 238 -357 mp5. ( depending when it's consumed )

Added Elementium Stormshield to list
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=55070#taught-by-item

I'm currently using Wilderness Legguards. They're available as soon as you hit 85 if you've done Hyjal, so saves requiring a bit of luck from heroic drops.

Very true! Added

I find having haste is very helpful for raiding. I wouldn't say to go nuts stacking it, or even gem any pure haste gems either. I would say you should have a minimum amount that allows you to feel comfortable keeping people alive.

If you are spec'd into Telluric Currents for certain raid bosses the extra haste helps too. For example, I'm able to regen from basically 0% mana to close to 100% mana in one impale phase on Magmaw spamming LBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    If you are spec'd into Telluric Currents for certain raid bosses the extra haste helps too. For example, I'm able to regen from basically 0% mana to close to 100% mana in one impale phase on Magmaw spamming LBs.
    and that's probably only fight where its remotely useful

Very nice! I've been looking for something like this to look over! Can we get a stick so i dont have to waste bookmark space plz
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Telluric Currents actually has a fair amount of use in the current raid tier.

Omnitron Defense System - Use while in Arcanatron's Vortex
    Magmaw - Use while he is chained
    Conclave of Winds - There are various times throughout the fight where there is a lull in damage
    Halfus Wyrmbreaker - After the drakes are dead and Halfus takes 100-150% more damage, useful to regen before a Furious Roar or Phase 2
    Argaloth - You can literally UE + Healing Rain after a Meteor Slash and then spam Lightning Bolt for the entire fight.
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2010-12-17 at 07:44 PM.

Great list, but how about making one for BiS-PreHeroic gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Great list, but how about making one for BiS-PreHeroic gear?
    Check here: http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=1599

While it definitely isn't a BiS piece, if you have terrible luck with trinkets like I do (seriously, i've done every heroic to death and never even one drop)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=64741

isn't a bad option at all. Passive regen + an on use for those high damage situations.

Deleted

Haste...err

I have to agree with a lot of the other people. Haste isn't as important as it used to be. You should be aiming for 4k spirit in combat regen, 25% crit and then the rest should be in intellect for bigger heals. Don't bother reforging gear to remove stats unless you have too much of something. Mastery is also good, so please don't get rid of it! It could be the deciding factor between a 28k heal and a 42k heal!

Get haste to around 1k and then start doing other stuff. I had 1.3k haste....got the jp chest and lost 186 haste....went from 10.90% to 9.38% and my cast time didn't change. So I think with 1k haste you are safe. Also the BoE trinket that drops is very nice. The blood of Isiset. It dropped for me and I managed to get the JC owl figuerine aswell and I am very impressed with it. Drop Mana Tide with these 2 procced and you'll be back to full mana straight away.

I did try the telluric currents full on spec, put points into the hit rating in ele etc. It worked well, and then I went back to the enh and noticed that there wasn't much difference. I still come out of boss fights with no less than 30% mana most of the time. My average ilvl is 343 - so still got some way to go. Think I shall head for the boots from earthen ring next. Luckily a BS in the guild made me my shield, and as I do mining on my shammy and alchemy on my lock, I was able to get the mats for nothing. Was lucky with the Living transmute, and managed to get the 30 air in 2 days.

My stats are as follows: (unbuffed)

Mana - 80942 (this goes to anywhere between 82 and 87k in 5 mans)
    Health - 103673 (this has gone up to 120k in 5 mans)
    Healing Spell Power - 5466 (I have seen this go up to 6.3k)
    Haste - 10.03%
    Crit - 13.73%
    Combat Regen - For some reason it's only showing 2129 - but it usually sits at about 2.5k though with Pally/shammy totem it goes up to over 3k
    Mastery - 14.01

So as you can see, not got brilliant gear - eu. battle. net/ wow/ en/ character/ terenas/ shamanara/ simple Thats the link to my armory. I've not tried raiding yet, and honestly can't wait to give it a go, but at current I have no mana issues, no problems keeping tank alive with 1k haste and and have seen huge heals. It's all about using spells at the right times to their best advantage now. Not a chain heal spam. Combining RT+UE+GHW will heal for the same amount that 3x HS will...but will cost half the mana! Time to think about what we are doing and utilising our skills to the best possibly way. I am loving healing again now I have learned this. Combining MT with a trinket proc for spirit will benefit you tons aswell. Happy Raiding!

A bit more clarification on haste values in Cataclysm:
    http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=1760