Deleted

Typing or wiping, what is less time consuming

This is something that has always bothered me about wow, players seem to have an inate ability to do any kind of action if it does not reward instant gratiifcation. Maybe its to do with the addiction affecting the brain, all they know how to talk is leet speak, i will explain.

Me, as the tank: 'Anything special about this boss?'
    Player1: 'Why dont you know, have you not done this?' (this takes about 15 secs to type)
    Player 2:'Uh oh i reckon this sill be a a wipzors' (15 seconds to type)
    Player 1: 'Lets just go, cant be arsed wasting my time talking' (15 seconds)
    Me:'Anything special about this boss?'
    Player 2: 'Just pull already"

We fight, we die. Run back and buff maybe 2 minutes.
    PLayer 1: 'Dont think we can do this, tank hasnt done the boss, shall we just quit' (20 seconds, give or take)
    Me: 'Dps died, i tanked the adds so not sure why'
    PLayer 2: oh ffs noob just pull again jeez why we waiting'

We fight, we die again, but this time i figure out do not tank the adds, kite them cos they explode when they die.

Player 1: Ok this aint happening, im gonna go find another group.
    PLayer 2: Ffs is it so hard, you go and learn the strats before you do the jeez what is so hard.

They both leave.

New player joins.
    PLayers 3: 'hey guys lets buff up, did you wipe?
    Me: Yeah sorry didnt know tactics
    Player 3: Ah, the adds explode when the die. (10 FREAKING SECONDS TO TYPE)

So i ask you fellow players what is shorter, 10 mintues wiping and bitching, or 10 seconds typing. In the time it took to say, why don;t you know, he could have typed, the adds explode when they die.....

The other players knew the tactic, but would much prefer to wipe until i saw it for myself, then telling me. Apparently there is something in the brain of wow players that makes any kind of mundane task, no matter how short, seem impossible to do.

Anyone else seen this before? I don;t mind wiping, if noone knows the boss, im a smart guy, i can figure it out fast, but if you do know the fight, and you can speak english, why do you prefer to ype for 10 minutes saying oh my god this will fail rather then 10 seconds explaing tactics?

Deleted
    It takes less time to wowhead the boss for 30 seconds and read tactics so you know the fight. Then neither needs to be done.

Still, people should tell you what to do.

Simple solution, don't pug.

Deleted
    not manny ppl realize it takes much less time to type the stuff than wipe :S

I completely agree with what you said, but I think you will find a much more stable mentality regarding this problem in a month or so. As has been said before, once the WotLK attitude is broken, a new Cata one will be born.

Much like Basic Training. Sucks at first, but everyone adapts and attitudes change :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    It takes less time to wowhead the boss for 30 seconds and read tactics so you know the fight. Then neither needs to be done.

Still, people should tell you what to do.
    Not really, as wowhead lists abilties, and a couple of people will give there version of long winded tactics, all while the dps you are with will bitch and moan about it being to slow, but will UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, type for 10 seconds, they will type for 1 hour, as long as it doesn't require them to think, as soon as it requires, memory recall, strategic thought, logic, and reasoning, they can not comprehend, they woudl rather queue again for 25 mintues, then type for 10 seconds, i really can't fathom it......

10+ Year Old Account
    You all were in the wrong, sure 10 sec for them to say what the strat was. Also 10 sec for you to say brb reading strat so I know what to do. I understand not everyone has a second monitor avail to keep a guide handy for what they are running and not everyone has the time/allowed to read up on stuff while at work. Fact of the matter is, wow does take some out of game learning, especially if you want to be as good as you can be. If you are fine with not doing many things because lack of time/effort, I am sorry you will be missing out on so many cool new experiences.