Serious problems tanking

Hi.

This is my main character:eu. battle .net/wow/es/character/los-errantes/bloodwr%C3%A2th/advanced (not allowed to link yet)

If it's not updated, my cloack is the one from Grim Batol trash. So about 307 ilevel, 104k hp unbuffed. about 12 % parry and dodge.

Now the problem: I don't have any kind of surivavilty. Some pulls can zerg me in about 3 sec. It's my gear, wich is green crap, it's my hability to survive, it's the lack of crowd control? Ok I know that wrath facerolling tanking are no more, but I found my situation ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that this is not the way Blizz want us to tank. I use WoG every time I have 3 holy power stacks, Guardian of the Ancient King, very frequent Lay on Hands, Ardent Defender.. I don't think the bussiness will be burning my oh shit buttons in a 5 mob pull.

Thanks in advance.

Better link for these forums: (English).

With average equipped ilvl of 302, you should not be tanking heroics. So if you're tanking heroics, don't.
    Most common tank death I see these days is when mobs end up behind the tank. Cata has moved away from massive health pools to a focus on damage mitigation, and you can't parry or dodge if it's attacking you from behind, so add WASD to your list of survival buttons (or at least WS, and mouse turn).

Hope this helps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Another tip is simply cc as much as you can...if you have 2 party members who can cc, ask them to.

You may not think its appropriate to use your 'oh shit' buttons every pull but you should be prepared to. Generally they'll be back up for the next trash pack anyway so its not a big deal to burn them and if it saves you a wipe then it was worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely use your mitigation cooldowns as often as possible. It keeps you alive longer and lets the healer keep more mana which is strained on big pulls. I save Lay on Hands for bosses, though. It comes in handy if the healer is CC'd somehow or concentrating on keep dps up too much. Tanking should be more interactive than just spamming threat abilities and using cooldowns are part of that. Typically, a group of mobs takes long enough to kill that at least one of your mitigation cooldowns is ready for the next group so you can use it again. Especially useful at the start of the pull when you have the most mobs up.

CC what you can and make sure your own aoe doesn't hit them.

Hell, even check out the AH for some upgrades. Sometimes you can find some good deals to upgrade your survivability.
    But we fell in love, again.
    This time forever!
    True love prevails over all!
    ...She got hit by a truck.

I consistently blow all my cds on tough pulls, what is the problem? Just because you don't think it should be this way? QQ less and help the healer, as gear progresses it will stop being so stressful for now you have to us everything you can to survive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper View Post
    Hi.

This is my main character:eu. battle .net/wow/es/character/los-errantes/bloodwr%C3%A2th/advanced (not allowed to link yet)

If it's not updated, my cloack is the one from Grim Batol trash. So about 307 ilevel, 104k hp unbuffed. about 12 % parry and dodge.

Now the problem: I don't have any kind of surivavilty. Some pulls can zerg me in about 3 sec. It's my gear, wich is green crap, it's my hability to survive, it's the lack of crowd control? Ok I know that wrath facerolling tanking are no more, but I found my situation ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that this is not the way Blizz want us to tank. I use WoG every time I have 3 holy power stacks, Guardian of the Ancient King, very frequent Lay on Hands, Ardent Defender.. I don't think the bussiness will be burning my oh shit buttons in a 5 mob pull.

Thanks in advance.
    Get used to blowing cooldowns on trash, 5man bosses, etc. You should be finishing all the quest lines in Twilight Highlands so you can get your 333 blues if your average ilevel is still that low. You only have 18 quests finished there. Get your Therazane ring at Revered. Reputation rewards are out there as well. If these are normals and you're still having issues than start to use crowd control. It's going to be required in heroics so you might as well learn now.

All your WOTLK gear should be gone by 84 or earlier. There's upgrades everywhere so start letting go. Finally do your daily normal dungeon random for 70 justice points and start stocking up on the justice gear.

Deleted
    CC as much as possible, that is all. Blizz said they wanted to get back to the BC model of dungeons, which had a lot of CC otherwise the tank got their faces smashed in, hard.