Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Replace alot with a lot.

omfg my thread has turned into another healer QQ threat, why didnt i see this coming. ALOT OF US TANK AND DPS REALISE THAT ITS HARD FOR HEALERS, SO WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO HELP THEM. this means ccing and not standing in stuff or taking unneccesary damage.

WE KNOW ITS HARDER THAN WOTLK

WHAT IM SAYING IS: can the healers out there that are bad, and cant heal heroics when the tanks and dps do things right, and whinge and moan about going oom, even when it was a perfect pull or great boss fight, STFU, were sick of hearing your whining.

for the rest of you healers that dont qq at us at the start of dungeons. yes, we bloody well know its hard, and if its hard for you, and you go oom because of our mistakes it means we wipe. so in turn of course its our fault, any bloody idiot can see that.

I ADDRESSED THIS POST AT ALL THE BAD HEALERS WHO ARE QQING.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by buttheal View Post
    Thankyou so much for your insight and thoughtful post. Everyone should read your post, it's an echo of similar threads we have all written.

Agreed, OP is an ignorant jerk with a limited perception and closed mind. His type is everywhere, and there's alot of scrubs posting defensively for DPS and it just makes them look even worse.

EVERYONE should read this post, it's a direct mirror reflection of healers thoughts in general.

DPS are the problem, not healers.

We are complaining about OOM because DPS force us to burn our mana.

If the tank and I are able to avoid the damage, DPS should be as well.
    your not very bright are you, i said i was a tank. not a dps, dont try and shoot me down and then try and say im a scrub dps who doesnt know how to play. maybe u should go to school and learn to read kid.
    Last edited by Construct; 2010-12-15 at 12:48 AM.

When I just could enter heroics it was a bit troublesome but that was mainly due to bad dps that couldn't kill fast enough or didn't move when AoE damage was incoming. Now that I have some gear from heroics it is a lot easier, still if dps doesn't move from whirlwinds, pounds, shockwaves or W/E that is hurting them like hell, I will go oom if I try to save them. Don't see any need to complain though, for the first time in a long long time healing is fun again.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Construct View Post
    omfg my thread has turned into another healer QQ threat, why didnt i see this coming. ALOT OF US TANK AND DPS REALISE THAT ITS HARD FOR HEALERS, SO WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO HELP THEM. this means ccing and not standing in stuff or taking unneccesary damage.

WHAT IM SAYING IS: can the healers out there that are bad, and cant heal heroics when the tanks and dps do things right, and whinge and moan about going oom, even when it was a perfect pull or great boss fight, STFU, were sick of hearing your whining.

for the rest of you healers that dont qq at us at the start of dungeons. yes, we bloody well know its hard, and if its hard for you, and you go oom because of our mistakes it means we wipe. so in turn of course its our fault, any bloody idiot can see that.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 12:46 AM ----------

your not very bright are you, i said i was a tank. not a dps, dont try and shoot me down and then try and say im a scrub dps who doesnt know how to play. maybe u should go to school and learn to read kid.
    No, sorry, you don't speak as the DPS and Tank community. Most tanks are fine. MOST.

DPS. They think it's cool to AOE and break CC and not focus fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm fine, we just wish the dps would learn to not get hit a bit more, that's the only root of the problem and some of us hate not being able to play godheals anymore. I like it how it is now personally.
    Forces you to learn the game a bit more.

I for one am really sick of seeing healers complaining, both in trade chat, in instances and on forums. I have many healer friends who play the game, as well as guildys, and i know alot of healers on my server, somehow they are able to still heal just fine. yes it may be difficult at times for them, and they have to actually do what dps and tanks do, which is Prioritise spells, but they are getting through cataclysm just fine. Quite a few of my guildys are geared from heroics now, have all their badge gear etc and all the gear they need from heroics, and they have all said, once you get some gear, it becomes Significantly easier to heal, yes they may still go oom a bit, especially if they dont cast the right spells, or if people fuck up, but they arent really having any trouble anymore. So if 90% of the [people i know can do it, which cant everyone, seriously to all you healers out there who are QQIng, no one cares, go learn how to pay or quit, because the game would be alot better without you.

Btw, this is coming from a bear Tanks perspective.
    There is so much wrong with what the OP has to say here... Lets try to break it down.

I for one am really sick of seeing healers complaining, both in trade chat, in instances and on forums.
    Then please... don't read forums and turn off trade chat, or just put people on ignore. These resources are there for people to communicate what they do and do not like about the game. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean they aren't allowed to have those opinions.

I have many healer friends who play the game, as well as guildys, and i know alot of healers on my server
    If you are not a healer yourself, then you have NO idea.

they have to actually do what dps and tanks do, which is Prioritise spells
    1) I believe you meant PRIORITIZE
    2) If I had a nickle for every faceroll DPS I had to spam heals on, or every non-cooldown-using, non-interrupting tank I had to Lay on Hands for... I'd be a rich man.

they are getting through cataclysm just fine
    So am I, and so are most healers... doesn't mean we have to like the terrible scaling until heroic/points gear.

people fuck up
    Yes they do, and for ever it has been expected of the healer to 'save' those people... problem is those people are still out there durping there way through instances and putting added stress on already overwhelmed healers.

seriously to all you healers out there who are QQIng, no one cares, go learn how to pay or quit
    I'm sure a lot of people care... people who like having heals while killing internet dragons for one...

the game would be alot better without you
    Ummm... ok... I'd say the game would be better without window-licking tanks, but that would eliminate like 3/4 of them and LFD queues would take 3 hours.

Btw, this is coming from a bear Tanks perspective
    Which makes you the supreme authority on all things WoW... especially healing... Right?

In conclusion... If you are going to make ignorant posts like this in the future, please label them as such so I can avoid reading them.

Love,
    Your friendly neighborhood Holy Paladin

Cataclysm is not WOTLK. If healers are complaining, they probably started playing in WOTLK. You just can't spam heals 24/7 and expect to be fine. It seems to be fine. I'm not a healer, but my friend has said that while healing isn't a 24/7 spamfest anymore, it's still manageable. You just have to actively think.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzpulse View Post
    Cataclysm is not WOTLK. If healers are complaining, they probably started playing in WOTLK. You just can't spam heals 24/7 and expect to be fine. It seems to be fine. I'm not a healer, but my friend has said that while healing isn't a 24/7 spamfest anymore, it's still manageable. You just have to actively think.
    Somewhat correct... You have to think... But we can no longer outheal stupidity and this causes major problems.

I love the state healers are in atm, when I get a semi-competent group it's a challenge, but doable. However in some cases one stupid dps'er can ruin everything. Either you'll use your mana pool on him (really not adviceable) or you have to pray that your mana pool will last through a fight 20-30% longer than usual.

Touche

And Hambonee are you retarded? thats a serious question btw, In my groups no matter what make up we have, we try and cc everything possible, it makes the run alot smoother and means the healer has less downtime between pulls because they dont have to heal as much and can regen a bit even in trash packs, Also i use a cooldown every pull, weather it be barkskin, Survival instancts, frenzied regen or a trinket, on the initial pull, when there is usually 1-3 mobs up. And if i WAS standing in fires on boss fights i wouldnt be at the stage i am, you must be retarded if you couldnt understand that from my post.

And to Angry ant, i understand that healing in ilvl 329 blues may be difficult, but why are all the healers crying about it, im sick of it, and i know Alot of people are also sick of it. I think (and this is just an opinion) that people are so used to qqing, and getting their way from blizzard, they think crying will make them change it, well guess what guy, blizzard isnt going to change it, people are getting through heroics just fine, they arent going to change them just so u can play a game where all u need to do is headbut your keyboard and you win.
    you could be if you had a paladin healing you

tbf the banned post sort of says waht we all think.. You dont GET what healers are complaing about and dont have to pay the level of attention that healers now have to pay in EVERY boss fight... Damage is so high and at times unpredicatable that tanks who DONT use their cd's and cant perform leave us healers standing in fire/missing warnings to move as we are frantically trying to cast 2 sec cast on oyu to keep you standing after getting critted or w/e causes tanks hp to drop like a lead ballon every now and then.. they say its not like Wrath where you HAD to land that heal on at that time.. to you have 2 secs to get that heal on and it better be more than X amount or the tank is dead. and a lot of time we have less time.

The monitoring of the fight is the hardest part.. trying to figure out when to use what heal is a nice way to heal but when the damage is unpredicatbale and over the top due to sloppy tanking/dps we find oursleves getting flustered and either wasintg mana or wrestling long cast times to get you back up.

I cant count the number of times i missed a Blitz warning in brc as i was trying to get a gheal on the tank when i should have been moving. not to mention lava pools, poison rain and burrowing mobs..

Blizzard made healing even harder than you think.. its not all about mana and cast.. we have an entire boss fight to watch at the same time as working out mana cost and necessity.. and we all know DPS fail at this normally so how do you think healers are getting through it.

The truely talented players will remain healers and given the chance QQ about how many pugs fail as they have been cradled through their content by either overpowered or overgeared healers and then dropped onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    There's another healer that has gone Shadow. There have been quite a few that I've seen. Healers should continue to "qq" express their concerns, just like people need to give them the space to do so...constructively (both ways).

I've been shadow for 3 years, healed off and on during that time. It's rough out there as a healer, I know this because i'm sheilding my behind off to help them out. I know it's helpful, because I get the communication after.

With the holy pally nerf, it'll be interesting how many more threads will be created. There are far far too many to ignore. QQing about how many there are, certainly wont stop them.
    I honestly hope that they don't make any changes.
    Healers that are switching to dps because they can't heal isn't a bad thing. There are plenty of healers out there currently, and if you're healing and can't cut it...well...you pry shouldn't be healing. I am only 83 as of yet, and I have encountered some pretty bad groups, but I've never felt like I was too undergeared to heal anything. I have only healed so far on my druid, but once I get my druid to 85 and I have a change to work on my priest and shaman, we'll see how big of a difference that makes.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

I think the MAIN problem (at least for me) with healers right now is that they're so dependent on what everyone else does. Even if the healer does everything right, if one of the DPS or the tank screw up, the healer's going to get the consequences.

DPS didn't CC that mob? Watch out, lots more AoE damage coming, gotta adjust your methods so you don't go OOM! I sure hope I don't have to let anyone die!

DPS didn't interrupt that cast? Well crud, now I gotta be healing the extra damage from that unkillable mob that shoots us for the entire fight.

Tank broke the CC on that mob? Uh oh, tank is gonna be taking a lot more damage than I thought. I sure hope Lifebloom and Nourish is enough to keep him up, because my mana bar is gonna be screaming in agony otherwise!

I think it's awesome that they're making the healer's actions require more thought, but the fact that the healer bears the brunt of the consequences for everything the GROUP does just seems unfair to me. If I screw up, fine, I'll admit it and learn from it. But I shouldn't be punished if the idiot playing that Rogue didn't use Kick to interrupt the cast or if the tank decided to pull with Avenger's Shield, breaking all the CC in the process. That's my only complaint about the healer role these days.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2010-12-15 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Somewhat correct... You have to think... But we can no longer outheal stupidity and this causes major problems.

I love the state healers are in atm, when I get a semi-competent group it's a challenge, but doable. However in some cases one stupid dps'er can ruin everything. Either you'll use your mana pool on him (really not adviceable) or you have to pray that your mana pool will last through a fight 20-30% longer than usual.
    Many of the things that I have noticed while healing is that if I try to keep everyone topped off, it is almost impossible to keep mana, but if I watch my healing and make sure that I am healing no more than what is really required to keep everyone up, I do really well conserving my mana. I try to be mindful of hots on targets, and as long as the tank holds aggro, most DPS aren't going to take so much damage that they'll get 1 shot and you really have to spam heal them. If you're spam healing a DPS, someone isn't doing their job correctly (tank not holding or dps not watching how much they're doing) and then it comes to either the dps/tank needs to figure it out, or they need to be kicked for not doing their job.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    ...[or] if the tank decided to pull with Avenger's Shield, breaking all the CC in the process.
    Any tank that pulls with any AoE ability and breaks CC should be slapped silly.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

10+ Year Old Account

So you initially address the healing community as a whole, telling us pretty much to shut up, and then change your tune in the face of the well-rounded arguments from other members of the forums... Yeah, I can see how effective your posting is, except not really.

As other people have mentioned, if you don't want to read it, ignore it. Let the healers complain about the difficulties they're having. YOU don't have to participate in those comments and discussions. Obviously, as a tank, you aren't seeing the difficulties that a lot of the healing community has been facing in dealing with heroics groups since Cata launched, and your perspective is limited because you don't heal. It's great that your healing friends and guildmates aren't having difficulty healing, but that doesn't mean that every healer is having the same luck. Queuing for heroics without at least two guildmates on Vent has been rather like playing Russian Roulette and getting the bullet every time.

That being said, the healers complaints are a way for us to seek out advice from other healers in how to deal with the situations that are giving us trouble. They're also a way for us to understand that we aren't the only ones experiencing these issues, that it's a difficulty facing the entire community.
    Last edited by Caenymh; 2010-12-15 at 08:32 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacotl View Post
    I'll stop QQing when you learn to play, to interrupt, to not stand in aoe, to kill adds, to kite where appropriate, to use cc.....
    I for one and f'ing fed up with people trying to play like in wrath then moaning when i oom trying to keep their noobish asses alive.

Maybe healers are QQing for a reason, try listening to them.
    Second that! Too many think they can play like they did in wotlk, just run in and nuke your ass of and expect the healer too keep you alive even if you got 4 mobs dps'ing you. You (threadstarter) try to heal once and see how much easier it would be if the dps stopped looking at their dps meter and started to look at the fight.

If healers say anything these days its viewed as QQ.

Most healers are learning a new system that doesn't merely involve going to EJ and finding out the max dps or highest threat rotation and pushing those buttons. It can only be mastered by practicing, and sorry, target dummies doesn't really work for healers--we have to practice in the field.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basicly, when I join heroic, and tell the people to use the cc bossibilities we have, wich usually in my randoms, the ignorant bastard tank just ignores, and runs in to the punch of mobs. Then I yell the people to interrupt. I yell the people to not stand in the aoe. Eventually I yell, OOM!
    wich makes almost everytime the whole group going omg sucky healer qq more. learn to play.

What exactly should I learn to play?

This past week, Ive done like 4succecfull heroics, with randoms. not to mention the time that I spend in doing those.
    Really easy to gearmyself up yeah true tat, I kinda have a work that I need to go to aswell.
    After that I grind some herbs makes some jc dailyes, so I can make pots to help the heroic runs, and gem myself the best possible way..

And then, I join heroic, where I see tank with green items, no enchants, sometimes no gems. No pots, no nothing.
    same goes to the dps. SO HELL FKING YEAH IM GONNA QQ ABOUT BEIGN A HEALER.
    as looong as it takes for you dump people to understand, this game is not about YOU, YOU AND YOU anymore.

I for one am really sick of seeing healers complaining, both in trade chat, in instances and on forums. I have many healer friends who play the game, as well as guildys, and i know alot of healers on my server, somehow they are able to still heal just fine. yes it may be difficult at times for them, and they have to actually do what dps and tanks do, which is Prioritise spells, but they are getting through cataclysm just fine. Quite a few of my guildys are geared from heroics now, have all their badge gear etc and all the gear they need from heroics, and they have all said, once you get some gear, it becomes Significantly easier to heal, yes they may still go oom a bit, especially if they dont cast the right spells, or if people fuck up, but they arent really having any trouble anymore. So if 90% of the [people i know can do it, which cant everyone, seriously to all you healers out there who are QQIng, no one cares, go learn how to pay or quit, because the game would be alot better without you.

Btw, this is coming from a bear Tanks perspective.

I bet your also one of those tanks with blue stams gems in most of your spots.