frostheim and whu

Is frostheim and whu a reliable source of info generally, or is it better to stick with ej and krip?

I've always found Kripp a very good source of truth and EJ are always good when they have hard numbers to deal with (which are not really available with a new expansion). Also the three paragon Hunters are always good to armory stalk.

I don't even look at WHU, not because I think he doesn't know what he is talking about, I've just never needed to.

In my opinion, you can never have too much info. Gather as much as you can. Analyze it yourself and make decisions. Don't let others tell you how to play your class.

yes, i've found him and the site to be incredibly reliable and useful.

I have found that the WHU and Frostheim have been a great source of entertainment and information. I find Frostheim's little anecdotes entertaining and his reflections on vanilla hunters help give me an idea of what playing a hunter was like before I joined ( I'm a Wrath baby but please don't hold it against me). I have found that his recomendations and suggestions are extremly reliable and his math spot on. He has a really good insight into how to get the most out of the hunter class. I have spent hours plugging numbers into spread sheets and my math has always corroborated his. I check the WHU daily and recommend the site to anyone who wishs to raid with a hunter. ElitistJerks is a good site but not very user friendly to someone who is already knowledgable about the class and the mechanics. And just looking at the armory is good in that it tells you the gear you want to have but nothing else. WHU sould be site for all serious hunter but should in no way be a bible or the only source of information for the class. (WHU does lack in the PVP department.) Check WHU, EJ, the armory, and other hunters for information but treat them as guides and make your own decisions based on your (and yourguild/raid team's) gameplay and abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    In my opinion, you can never have too much info. Gather as much as you can. Analyze it yourself and make decisions. Don't let others tell you how to play your class.
    My thoughts exactly. I look at multiple sources for information. Having said that the WHU has never lead me down the wrong path. He writes a good blog.
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

10+ Year Old Account
    I love WHU more than anything for a number of reasons:

- The information is straight forward and explained. Sometimes I just want to know what's better or read something in plain english, WHU does that. If I want Jargon and loads of complex numbers and calculations, I go to EJ and look at their pages and pages of theorycrafting and people posting long complex strings of data. TL;DR WHU puts it in an easy to read format.

- The guides: Oh how I love the guides. I have saved sooooooooo much time by reading his BiS Pre-Heroic and Pre-Raid lists. Granted, they may not be 100% complete, but I think they are a good starting point.

As others have said above me, you can never have too much information, WHU is definatly another site to bookmark for great sources of regular informaiton.

On a side note I generalise the following:
    - EJ: Lots of theorycrafting and numbers, never really known for it's well written guides of explinations (getting better recently, but still not the best)
    - Kripp: Granted he is a talented hunter. But without an array of eveidence to back him up, alot of his content comes across as opinion with nothing to back it up. I do love his keybinding guides thou.
    - WHU: May not always have the exact numbers, but the content is there, explained and easy to understand, a good starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    Kripp: Granted he is a talented hunter. But without an array of eveidence to back him up, alot of his content comes across as opinion with nothing to back it up. I do love his keybinding guides thou.
    I think him being a WORLD CLASS Hunter and having multiple World 1st parses THAT gives him more evidence than Frostheim and WHU by showing that what he does puts him on top. And he does put out his own stat weightings. I stick more to Kripparian and EJ and avoid WHU like the plague because he gives faulty endgame advice even in Wrath. But he is good to go to for the beginning/basic Hunter stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3

Kripp is pretty good. He does a lot of testing and number crunching that really makes his advice valid.

Frost/WHU is wrong almost all the time, so I'd avoid him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Frost/WHU is wrong almost all the time, so I'd avoid him.
    But hey, he can solo old content!

Krip just solos Flame Leviathan.

It really depends on what you're looking for.

If you are looking for endgame raiding advice, then Krip and some of the regular posters at EJ are the best source out there.

If you are looking to be entertained while gaining nuggets of casual gaming advice...then WHU is your best bet.

Hunters I talked to on my server kept bringing up Frostheim. I eventually looked up his column, and found it to be entertaining. But when hunter theorycrafting came into play, it was often misleading and/or wrong. It doesn't help his case when he gives out endgame raiding advice, but doesn't actually endgame raid. When I looked him up he still hadn't even killed LK on 25 regular. I'd rather get the majority of my theorycrafting advice from people with experience and the math to back it up. There's only so much you can learn from someone who relies on watching other people do it.
    -- 14 hunters at 85 -- 15th is at 83

I need a new hobby.

my best advise would be to use www.femaledwarf.com and test it.

WHU, EJ, Kripp are all decent sources .. but like someone else stated in this thread, don't let anyone else tell you how to play your class. there are plenty of tools to use to figure it out yourself.

also, ive been spending hours on worldoflogs and the Armory looking at top parses and cross checking gear, gems, reforging.