Page 1 of 2
LastLast

sup with all the wotlk hate (player vise)

Yo guys. Before you come with your burns about how bad I am, I shall introduce myself. Im a druid. I started playing in naxxtimes, after some guys referred me to the game. At that time I was 16 years.
    Ever since that day, I've loved World of Warcraft, gotten many friends, funtimes and great experience with the game. Im atm in postion of Deaths Demise, Grand Crusader, The Insane, Realm First! 85 druid, and some other achivs. But ye, I started play in wrath of the lich king. No, I never experienced the old school Kara and stuff, im sorry, no
    So why all this hate to us? Just cause we started playing later, we're incapable of learing a game, and play it right? Just wondering I think all wotlkraids was great. Even tho I agree with the easyness of getting gear, I really like how they made it in cataclysm But anyways, my question, why do all hardcore elitistz hate wotlk players? I look at myself as capable player, but still I get all this hate? All I hear is "wotlk baby, everyone who played in wotlk are bad" and so on

Well aside from the fact that you got realm first and the Insane, which gives us more reason to pity you, you share the unfortunate fate of having joined the game at the same time as an enormous population of hooting, entitled, retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitists dicks (or those who think they're elite) need a hole to screw, and what they call "wrath babies" are the hole they've invented/picked for now.

When that gets old, they'll go back to their "casuals ruin everything" hole, and when something new comes out they'll cram themselves into that with their bitching.
    Expect something like "raids are too hard again hardcore players ruined WoW *cramcramcram*"

C'est la vie de WoW.

Well yes, of course, its a great game. It grows big, and some people not able to understand the content will come in. But then it surprises me that the older, and I would thought smarter group of players, starting generalcing the group, and hate on all.. Why cant everyone enjoy this great game

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    its not you or anyone specifically... its the general style of play that was encouraged during wotlk... they hate is generalized and is completely nonsensical if takin out of context... you started in wotlk and the things you accomplished (assuming your not lying to get more credibility) have nothing to do with it... if you did acheive these things that means you started and developed a love for the game that motivated you to become a hardcore vs. a casual... but wotlk wasnt nearly as fun as the old expansions ... which you my friend will never know... and i apologize for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo all these people that call out "Wrath Babies" play WoW during the day with fingers encrusted w/ chettos® dust, and a liter of Haterade at their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlight View Post
    Imo all these people that call out "Wrath Babies" play WoW during the day with fingers encrusted w/ chettos® dust, and a liter of Haterade at their side.
    Generalizing in defense of a generalization, NICE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ymmizz View Post
    Yo guys. Before you come with your burns about how bad I am, I shall introduce myself. Im a druid. I started playing in naxxtimes, after some guys referred me to the game. At that time I was 16 years.
    Ever since that day, I've loved World of Warcraft, gotten many friends, funtimes and great experience with the game. Im atm in postion of Deaths Demise, Grand Crusader, The Insane, Realm First! 85 druid, and some other achivs. But ye, I started play in wrath of the lich king. No, I never experienced the old school Kara and stuff, im sorry, no
    So why all this hate to us? Just cause we started playing later, we're incapable of learing a game, and play it right? Just wondering I think all wotlkraids was great. Even tho I agree with the easyness of getting gear, I really like how they made it in cataclysm But anyways, my question, why do all hardcore elitistz hate wotlk players? I look at myself as capable player, but still I get all this hate? All I hear is "wotlk baby, everyone who played in wotlk are bad" and so on
    Because of when you were born(and when you joined) You are part of what i call The Entitlement Generation. Droves of children on their expensive computers complaing that everything other people work hard for they should get for little or no work at all.

This may not be you exactly or even the majority but as they say 'one bad apple spoils the bunch.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Or specifically, several loud, retarded apples will damn the rest of you.

Still annoying imho, I know alot of wotlk players, who are alot better than "oldschool"players, yes, its a fact.

And for you, saying I dont put hard work into the game? well, then you must be real hardcore, cause I dont know how many thousand times I've spend wiping on progression raids, or doing achievments. And for every hardcore player saying its hard again, I disagree. Me and 4 friends, only 1 of them played in tbc, are only missing two achivments for the drake, and thats the one from Lost City (will take it tomorrow) and the bugged one from Halls of Origination

Its not starting in wrath that makes you bad. Its starting in wrath and then bitching endlessly about cata changes that you knew were coming for a year before you bought the game that makes you bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all "Wrath babies" are bad, but the majority seem to be, or have a mind set that just doesn't work. Its a stereotype that falls true in most cases, but not all. If you're a decent player that started during Wrath and have accomplished things worth while, just shrug it off, because it's not directed towards you, more towards the casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Its not starting in wrath that makes you bad. Its starting in wrath and then bitching endlessly about cata changes that you knew were coming for a year before you bought the game that makes you bad.
    what changes have I been bitching about? :O I love World of Warcraft, and cataclysm been online almost constantly since the xpac came out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ymmizz View Post
    what changes have I been bitching about? :O I love World of Warcraft, and cataclysm been online almost constantly since the xpac came out
    You may not be, but a majority of people who started in Wrath are. Like I said, just shrug it off, it isn't directly towards you directly, just the base of players who started near the same time as you.

Also, unless you are actively fucking up.

Or (Hint, Hint) running around telling everyone that you started in Wrath, noone will know, and it shouldn't be a problem.

Are people going to make fun of Wrath Kids? Yes, and that's not going to change.

Deal with it and move on.

id hate lich king if i played it all 2 years too.. in fact id hate anyting after being with it for 2 years.

I'm a wrath baby and I love Cata, I love that my druid needs to use innervate in normals instead of just H HoR (for the first few weeks). Done (and completed) two raids in my entire life and that would be OS. I understand how many veteran players would be annoyed with Wrath gamers complaining about not getting purples right off the bat, but not all of us little wraths are whiners. It's the ones that joined the game reeeeeeally late or just like to whine.

As for wiping, I got my epic-est flying, I got a crap ton of mounts, and now the only thing I spend my gold on at the moment is getting mounts, etc. for new characters and repairing.

I've met Veteran players that whine about Cata, too. I love the game, I bitch in my head when people screw up, but I understand what I was like when I started.

Essentially, the veterans need to learn that everybody starts somewhere and the wrath babies like me need to learn that even games require a little patience and work.

The "Wrath babies" thing, is more to do with the state players like that are still in. They havent matured as players, rather they spit out their dummy and throw their toys out of the pram when they cant do something that requires effort.

So you may well have been a Wrath baby, but have matured as a player. The reason its so specific to Wrath, well as you said, its was just to damn easy to get epics. For "new" players they assumed this was the norm. For players before WOTLK, this was not the case. Hence the ridiculous whining about heroics being hard, and oh lord the wait times etc etc.

If you have accomplished those things than your not the generalization of the typical wrath player. The dislike is towards the majority of the population, which is not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    Generalizing in defense of a generalization, NICE.
    and.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerakal View Post
    enormous population of hooting, entitled, retards.
    very nice indeed.

Also ,casuals vs hardcore bla bla bla dont you people get bored with the same old drivvle? You keep telling casuals to leave the game because its too hard for them yet why dont you all practice what you preach and leave the game yourself and play some other title if you cant live with this so called "lower community"?
    Actually the most mature comment would be...play the game have fun with your guild and stop giving a shit about so called casuals. Seriously maybe find a new excuse to piss and moan about rather than taking the easy option and blaming other people.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2010-12-14 at 11:00 PM.