15+ Year Old Account

Help?! Too many buttons for a non-keyboard-turner?

I used to be pretty good at playing etc. a assasination rogue back in the days (I came back from like a year of break).

Its pretty hard as a rogue to play if you are a keyboard turner, keeping in mind you would like to get behind target (like with backstab etc.), which just prevents you from using keyboard as you fast want to turn around etc.

We have a dozen of useful buttons now, where we only had a few spamable before. I have pretty hard times getting behind target use backstab while maintain control backwards, and still use all my buttons. What about you guys? Any recommendings on a old mouse-turning guy? :S

I've got 1-7, q,e,c,f and r bound, and bound again with ctrl and shift modifiers, that's 36 binds within easy reach of WASD.
    Then if you need more, there's always the mouse scroll wheel and mouse button 4 and 5 too.
    It's not an issue on my rogue at all. Slightly worse on the priest, but it's not too bad there either.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. You ask a question as if you are a keyboard turner and then in the end you ask about an "old mouse-turning guy." So...do you use your mouse to turn or your keyboard.

Deleted
    yea mousebutton 3, 4 and 5, and shift3, shift4 and shift5 are your friend. thats 6 easy to reach bindings for your mousehand. i bind my main abilities on them for every char.

also i got q, e, r, f, z, x, c, v, shift q, shift e, 1, 2, 3, 4.

and ofc you can bind abilities that work in synergy with eachother (like some instant spell with no global cd followed by another spell, or lets say a trinket and a cooldown) to shift rightclick, and shift leftclick. You can press those 2 within 0.1 second.

Last tip i can give you is shift spacebar.

gl

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mouse with more buttons!
    Thrall's Balls

n52te

belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390404#

Get the Razer Naga it will very likely fix the problem you are having (its a bit pricey though)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech MX518 is a nice cheap rogue mouse too! Razer Naga is awesome, but for casualness i sincirely recommend the MX518
    Thrall's Balls

bind the shift + all the binds your used to. / also shift caps - tab.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    razer naga works best for me =)

i've got around 25 keybinds on my razer lycosa keyboard. having only to use the left side (boundaries at 5 t g b)

then ive got 14keybinds on my razer naga.

works pretty neat for me =)

I only bind 1-2-3-4-5 Q-R-F-V-X-|-Z.
    But, when you add my shift, and CTRL modifiers, and macros i have everyspell binded to a hotkey, near my WASD.

12x3= 36 binds on these few keys.

Works for me
    i haef no sig hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorog View Post
    Mouse with more buttons!
    I use the Razer Naga. Case closed.

q - main attack (Mutilate, for Asssassination) / alt-q - Backstab
    shift-q - Stealth/Vanish Macro
    e - eviscerate / alt-e envenom
    shift-e - Vendetta Macro
    r - kick / alt-r - gouge
    shift-r - SND
    1 - shiv / alt-1 - dismantle
    shift-1 distract
    2 - kidney shot / alt-2 - rupture
    shift-2 - Cold Blood
    (...I can honestly not recall what 3 and 4 are bound to...)
    shift-3 - CoS
    shift-4 - Recuperate

...I'll be the first to admit that this might be an overcomplicated setup, so simplification is always welcome... I'm not looking to migrate to an umpteen-button mouse. I use a Logitech G510

Razer Nostromo (upgrade to the Belkin N52te). Used with the mouse, you'll get all the mobility a rogue can use. My Subtlety Rogue has no problem with positioning, literally running rings around targets. For more on how to use it, check my the info in my sig.
    For tips on how to integrate tne N52te/Nostromo with WoW, check out my YouTube channel, The 2 Ring. It's vastly superior.