Is it even possible for an enhance shaman to defeat a rogue?

Or a demo lock?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. And apparently just saying yes is too short of a reply. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Yes. And apparently just saying yes is too short of a reply. Damn.
    How does one defeat someone who has a distinct advantage over you in PvP?

(Also, i'm talking duels. Not BGs or arena.)

Rock, paper, scissors.

It's how wow's PVP system was designed.

Deal with it, every class has a weakness to another class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survive the rogues opener... try to kite away, keep Flame Shock on the rogue, if you can manage to kite away, heal up. After he uses cloak and vanish, go in for the kill.

*shrug*

Demo Warlocks... what's the problem here? Interrupt their shadow spells as much as you can, position behind them as much as you can, use your maelstroms for heals, grounding totem, hex, wolves, what's your real problem here?

However i always wondered, what anti-classes does mages/spriests/warlocks have?

(I am unbiased, I really don't know cause I haven't played either of them)

I had a lvl 85 rogue attempt to kill me 4 different times yesterday. He failed every time. I would pop SR when he hit with his first stun, trinket the second stun. After that i just turned around and killed him.

He could have very well been a horrible rogue.

Shamanistic Rage -> Wolves -> Kill him in seconds
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Best way to deal with most classes now as a shaman is to just minimize the damage and slowly wittle them down with lightning shield and searing totem/flame shock.

At least as elemental that was were most of my damage came from. Also not sure how your specced, but if you pick up spark of life and focused insight then you gain A LOT more survivability.

I mean it reduces your mana cost after having used shocks and it's a 50% healing increase. So if you use 5x MW with greater healing wave and a quick healing surge if you get really low then you can outlast rogues at least.

feral druids are the most annoying melee class i fight as enh

they just do bleeds then bear form then mangle spam and gg

As an enhacnement shaman this is one of my favorite fights.

No wolves

I use flame tongue/ frost brand

but windfury/ frost brand works also.

It helps A LOT if you have a shield swap macro.

Equip the shield drop your totem set. Healing stream, stone claw to (mitigate opening damage), windfury totem and either searing or magma if You think that you can break him out of stealth early with fire nova. That way he'll lose his opener and that's GG.

I don't like to waste time with magma and fire nova so i just wait for the opener.

Turn your camera to the front of the screen so as soon as the stun wears off you 180 right off the bat. Swap your off hand weapon back to equip. Unleash elements> flame shock> drop earth bind> storm strike> earth shock>

I try to heal when ever i get to 75% health. That way it doesn't matter if he kicks you. if you get the heal it's GD if you don't, then spam damage him. By this time you should have 5 stacks of searing hit him hard and he'll start to sprint or try to cloak and vanish. If he sprints just UE and then flame shock vanish drop magma and fire nova before he runs off.

Oh and re drop stone claw when you need the shield...I got GF aggro, gotta run. Hope this helps you out a bit. Ele or enhancement

Edit* and don't forget to shamn rage. I usually do it during the opener and pop it again when it's off cooldown if it's a long fight.
    Last edited by Meklol; 2010-12-15 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    vanish and /laugh

Quote Originally Posted by daath View Post
    How does one defeat someone who has a distinct advantage over you in PvP?

(Also, i'm talking duels. Not BGs or arena.)
    You mean like an enchance shaman's advantage over a frost mage or priest?

All rogues i fought since the launch of cataclysm fell on the ground like puppies.
    This "all", means 100% of the fight against rogues,including world,arena,bg,duel,against combat,mult,sub,full of cds,w/o cds....any cases,I raped all.

How?I don't know,it's just happen!I just hit them with my melee attacks(ST,LL) then kite them with some frost shock ,return to hit with the meeles, keeping flame shock up,using shamanistic rage when stunned,keeping the stoneclaw on cooldown,and using Wolves when they have already used vanish,keeping hex on cd,and using MW5 only to heals.

In a overview,the secret is: just go meele against them when u have your meeles cds up and the Unleashed wind buff.

Warrior Arms (PvE)
    Warrior Fury TG (PvE)

Thanks for the advice, guys. Guess I need to work on my kiting skills and play around with FB/FT some more.

I also didn't take any of the PvP talents, so that was probably also a problem.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    Blinds you, vanishes, waits for wolves to dissipate.

Checkmate.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    You mean like an enchance shaman's advantage over a frost mage or priest?
    lol frost mage?

We have no distinct weakness against other classes, its just the skill level of the player behind the other toon that makes it difficult. I've lost count of how many times I've wiped the floor with rogues, but at the same time I've had a few that kicked my ass before I could even blink. It all comes down to skill and the ability to think on your feet and react at a moments notice with the proper tool for the situation to give yourself the upper hand. The only class I've never been able to kill is a feral druid, but that's my lack of skill more than class weakness I would think.

In Beta I just kited the rogues in circles while using Wolves to rip them to pieces, just frost shock and Elemental Weapon or whatever that spell is and occasionally stormstrike/lava lash, keep at a distance though, and during the opener, Shamanistic Rage of course, beat 90% of the rogues with that tactic, even when the recuperate heals ticked for nearly 10k every 2 seconds