Elementium nerf in Deepholme?

So did anyone notice how half of the elementium nodes in Deepholme were replaced with obsidum?

15+ Year Old Account
    Hadn't noticed it yet but if it is true, HELL YEA!!

TBH Obsidium was far to scarce and over farmed on my realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, why... 2 out of the 4 nodes i've found though were rich...

This is good. Obsidium was WAY too hard to find, had plenty of elementium from other zones.

I actually commented on this to my guildmates while farming on my shaman. Still flying around and it actually seems fairly even on the numbers.

It was bound to happen. Elementium spawning in deepholm at the rate it was was forcing obsidium prices insanely high and overfarmed as only 2 zones could be used to farm it, you only leveled through 1 of those 2, then 3 zones had near nothing but elementium which was supposed to be the high up one. That would be like cobalt spawning only in the fjord and tundra, everything after, nothing but saronite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Im enjoying the change. Need a ton of obsidium for my engineering, and I haven't had much luck farming it before today.

Gotta get to work on my epic Eng helm.

If you're sad about this change, go farm Tol Barad. People on my server still haven't caught on. Rich Pyrite nodes and everything. Four hours of farming over two days netted me 50 stacks of elementium, 10 stacks of pyrite, and plenty of volatiles/gems.

Deleted
    Godly news for my paladin alt and miner for my whole set of chars, he's just about to start leveling in Deepholme...
    And my main is in a sore need of ore/bars for jewelcrafting as well engineering - not to mention the paladin being blacksmith himself.

Vashj'ir is a bit tricky to mine effectively in, the place is huge, Mt Hyjal farmed to the point where it's impressive that it's not yet reduced to "Hill Hyjal".

Is it only replaced, or did they nerf the spawnrate too?
    There was a change needed, i could lvl faster by mining than to dop quests, mainly because i was almost the only one who could mine there.

Deleted
    I think its good.
    There were plenty of nodes in Deepholm whit Elementuim, then you move to Uldum and THL,
    Since you only level in Hyjal OR Vashj its pretty hard to get Obsidum!
    Its better balance tbh