[Music] Suggest me some folk- hybrid music.

Hey forums, I really enjoy folk hybrid music (Jethro Tull, Fintroll) and was hoping you could unearth some good gems for me. I don`t care what genre it`s mixed with (folk bubblegum pop? HMMM?) just as long as it`s folk sounding.
    Metal listeners step up too please! I love folk metal and I may not have been clear enough in the original post that the band can be influenced by folk.
    Last edited by Rainofpain; 2010-12-15 at 01:45 AM.
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

The Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Mumford and Sons. Probably my favorite band of the year. Good call.

Oh God i love these guys. Both of those bands, i've actually heard a song by Mumford Sons before and I've always wanted to know who they were. I also really like the Avett Brothers. I give you my thanks.

I never knew that it was "Mumford and Sons" that did those songs, either. You guys just gave me some of the best music EVAR. <3

as to the OP, I had a few but can't remember them now. I'll have to go search and return with what I've got xD

Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Alestorm!

EDIT: Also, if you are able to understand norwegian, i would bet Kaizers Orchestra and Gåte would rock ur mind!
    Last edited by Atreyuu; 2010-12-22 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Added text.
    i haef no sig hehe

Deleted
    Turisas is amazing

Agalloch
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agalloch

One of the few bands that makes me proud to be from the Pacific Northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyuu View Post
    Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Alestorm!

EDIT: Also, if you are able to understand norwegian, i would bet Kaizers Orchestra and Gåte would rock ur mind!
    Alestorm PIRATE FOLK OMFG nice music!And Korpiklaani is awsm too! Eluveitie ill listen to know =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Korpiklaani, cause drinking is good for you :P

Okay, we all know Kanye West is a douchebag. But please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD just dont think about that for an hour.
    Go and listen to "Runaway" "Lost in the World" "My Beautiful Dark Fantasy" from his new album. It is something all new, you have never seen music as this before. Critics all over the world love it, MTV dubbed him man of the year this year. On the 2010 VMAs he walks in, everyone boos, when he leaves everyone scream "ENCORE ENCORE ENCORE!". Please, take your time to listen to these three great songs from Kanye west- reborn.

[edit] did not see you asked for folk music, sorry ;
    Originally Posted by Archer
    I wanted to make the front door look like a warlock summoning portal, but my wife said something about the neighbors thinking we worship the devil.. or something along those lines. Either way I was told no

Skiltron!

Folkmetal > all

Warrior Arms (PvE)
    Warrior Fury TG (PvE)

You might like Afro Celt Sound System. The track "Dark Moon, High Tide" is one of my favourites. I forget which album though, sorry.