Poll: Do you find Heroics in Cataclysm time intensive?

Deleted

Length of time spent in Heroics

Hello everyone, long time reader. First time poster, as we all know Cataclysm has been out for a week now many people still are trying to get to grips with the difficulty of heroics. I myself have no problem with the difficulty of them its just the time it takes to complete a run is a bit obscene, the last two nights in a row i haven't been able to finish a heroic dungeon because of the length of time it has taken (inc wipes) to get to the final bosses, now I know there are many people out there that will say "We blitz through it in under an hour" well that's fine but not everyone, especially in PUG's know tactics or are even geared correctly.

Most heroics I have been in have lasted up to 2 hours in some cases (Deadmines being the longest atm) and I was just wondering have many people found the new heroic's time consuming?

It's fine.. Heroics are heroic now - In a couple of weeks, whiners will get them nerfed, and next content patch, we'll outgear them to shreds, making them as passive and stupidly, pointlessly and painfully boring as Utgarde Keep.

My advice for casuals - Do normals for now if you can't handle heroics..
    My advice for people enjoying the difficulty - Enjoy it while it lasts.

Deleted
    The length of the heroic depends entirely on the collective skill and teamwork/communication of the group.

Proper use of cc and kill order on trash makes life a lot easier for tanks and healers. Dps who know when to purge/interrupt/offheal and anticipate moving out of the bad on boss fights really makes most of the bosses a lot simpler than they first appear.

Sure, they are a bit longer than your average 12 minute wotlk heroic, but there's much more of a sense of satisfaction in completing a cata heroic, and the bosses feel in the most part like mini-raid bosses with interesting mechanics, not just a lootbag that dps will stand in one place and pummel for 20 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good group can go through a heroic pretty quick 40-60 minutes, getting a couple of friends to run with helps alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild group has gotten most heroics down to under the 30 minute mark, although a few do take 35-45 minutes. Once you have full 346+ gear, CC becomes less important and you can mostly go back to the Wrath-style of AoE clears.

Deleted
    Even partly PuG groups (3-4 people are from my guild, the tank is so far being pugged) take devastatingly long. I haven't counted how long do they take, but even yesterday all i managed to do in 5 hours was Tol Barad dailies & 1 heroic.
    A single wipe usually adds around 5-10 minutes extra time. Throne of the Tides HC took me 3 hours in the weekend because we wiped on Lady Nazjar for 10 times before moving onward.
    Yesterday Vortex Pinnacle, one of the easier heroics took 2 hours because we had 3 idiot tanks. 1 left in the beginning without a warning, second one left without a warning after Grand Vizier, third one was a griefer who got mad at my guildmate and went AFK, refusing to leave the group and we were unable to kick him for 15 minutes. We only wiped once on Asaad and 2 times on the trashpack that has to be pulled out of the grounding field.

When i can fully guild group we'll probably manage them in 1 hours. Explaining tactics & managing the fight is so much easier when everyone is on Skype and also guaranteed to be a good player.

The dungeons probably take too long because the trash can be pretty dense. Having to take time to mark every pull is excessive. Don't get me wrong, I like the challenging pulls, but I don't think it adds much to the quality of gameplay to have 4-5+ of the same pull where 2 would suffice. In time, this won't be as much of an issue. But as it stands right now, my group is efficiently killing bosses but spending a decent bit of time on trash.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Depending on our group setup we usually down each heroic in under 1 hour.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

I learned quickly not to attempt to solo queue for heroics in Cataclysm. I've stuck with guild groups lately and the experience was far more pleasant. They require more coordination and time than Wrath heroics now, but I'm sure they'll be more trivial in the near future after people have geared up more and learned the encounters.

It all depends on the group. I tank and usually run with 3 dps from my guild, if we get a competent healer in the LFG most hcs are completed rather quickly, maybe 1-3 wipes but nothing more. If we get a bad healer however, booyah... The difference between a good healer and a bad healer in cata is hard to describe with words. With a bad healer you can wipe to oom at 50-60% of the boss health while with the same group you can get a healer who has 60% mana left when the boss is at 0. Fortunately many seem to pick up on the new playstyle rather quickly, but we kick 1-2 healers every day because we are unable to complete the dungeons with an incompetent healer.

It depends, regardless of pugs dcing.
    But I tend to stay in there more than an hour, taking my time (but not pulling slowly...just..not rushing).
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'