Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhancement Weapon Enchants?

Been looking around all over, and i can't find which weapon enchants are best for Enhancement. Please do not get this confused with Enhancement's imbues.

Which Enhancement weapon enchants are best?

I would guess the enchnt called Avalanche is a very usefull enchant for us now. It makes ur weapons have a chance on hit to deal nature damage. Wich i would bet is affected by our mastery aswell.

well, was either that, what about Hurricane? That's why I'm confused. Which is better? are they better in combination? or two of the same?

i remember a topic on this pre cata, now its out i've not seen anything about it, but i'd imagine anything is better than nothing at the moment, i'm just waiting to finaly get a decent weapon drp

Well, hurricane gives the hastebuff wich isnt the most desirable stat for enhancment anymore since patch 4.0.1.
    Im already enchanting my shaman with dual avalanche and it works out pretty well
    So i vouch for Avalanche all the way

There have been a dozen threads about this and read the FAQs. Pretty sure that is in there.

It's actually not really covered that well in the FAQ's or stickies.

@ OP:

Quite a few people are using Avalanche this current moment due to money purposes + the fact that not a lot of people are DEing their purples just yet since they need them for upgrades. Double Landslide will probably end up being the better choice if you had it. Hurricane isn't as desirable of an enchant as you would think, as haste has lost a ton of its value to the spec compared to what it was in WotLK.

Just as berserking was best for wotlk, im betting Landslide will be best for cata. tho i have yet to see it on my server. (in the AH that is)

Thought it was listed under the link Levva provided.

Well, yeah, Gargz, I suppose EJ has an answer to almost anything if you're willing to go through all the pages of math heavy theorycrafting.

Deleted
    Just thought i'd interject, that, with 2x 346 weapons and dual avalanche, the enchant procs account for about 3.5% of my total damage done in HCs.

Havn't begun raiding yet, so can't give a straight answer about that.

A fun fact about avalanche though, is that if you look at the enchant in your Enchantment-book (wth is that thing called anyway? where you can see all availible enchants) it says exactly how much damage avalanche does. This number changes in real-time depending on your current mastery rating

Running with two 346 weapons and Berserking/Avalanche.

Pulling 12-13k DPS on Argaloth in a set that averages 333.

Once raiding kicks in to full gear I imagine dual Landslide will be the best. For now Berserking or Avalanche will suffice.
    Last edited by Mercury II; 2010-12-15 at 10:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Avalanche > * until you have mats available for Landslide and then that takes over.

Hurricane is pure garbage, don't listen to anyone stating otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargz View Post
    Thought it was listed under the link Levva provided.
    Afraid not. It's listed as to be decided in that particular thread. I haven´t found any decisive answer for this either although i tried out -

Hurricane MH Avalanche OH on my first raids and then switched to Hurricane Hurricane and i seem to be doing more like this for the moment.
    Although it's very "Wrath"mindset, i wouldnt mind having epic items from the final dungeon bosses. I'm a Enchanter (And not the guild enchanter at that) and i can't see when in the future i'm ever gonna get my hands on Epic dust for the formulae or even the mats for Landslide. I'll only have dust for it when im replacing epic gear in the next content patch rofl.

But as people mentioned i'm sure Landslide Landslide will come out ahead of the other options when it starts becoming avaliable to people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that Avalanche is currently good i use it and get around 1K average hits with a bit higher crits, Landslide will however be superior to it obviously.

Hurricane, haste has dropped a lot in terms of a good stat for us, I reforged all my haste to either mastery or expertise. It does have an interesting refresh mechanic but again haste is pretty low as stat priority.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Mongoose isnt that bad of an option even, if you have a bunch of those old mats lying around. And it still looks the coolest.

I'm kinda on the same boat with other peoples opinions. LandSlide (AP) will probably be better down the road, but Avalanche for now..

On a side note: Anyone know what Engineering enchants are the best? (Specifically gloves) are we supposed to go with Tazik Shocker for a mild nature dmg attack, or Intellect for our magic dmg?....or better yet are we supposed to go back to the haste enchant from Wrath?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Afraid not. It's listed as to be decided in that particular thread. I haven´t found any decisive answer for this either although i tried out -

Hurricane MH Avalanche OH on my first raids and then switched to Hurricane Hurricane and i seem to be doing more like this for the moment.
    Although it's very "Wrath"mindset, i wouldnt mind having epic items from the final dungeon bosses. I'm a Enchanter (And not the guild enchanter at that) and i can't see when in the future i'm ever gonna get my hands on Epic dust for the formulae or even the mats for Landslide. I'll only have dust for it when im replacing epic gear in the next content patch rofl.

But as people mentioned i'm sure Landslide Landslide will come out ahead of the other options when it starts becoming avaliable to people.
    I completely agree. Epics on END BOSSES only would only contribute to enchanter and cheapening enchants. BC did it, wrath did it at first, then they just handed all epics out, dont make heroic epics out-do raid epics. Just stupid but give enchanters some kind of way to get mats needed. Or good enchants will cost everyone out the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    Mongoose isnt that bad of an option even, if you have a bunch of those old mats lying around. And it still looks the coolest.
    Mongoose is not viable at all. EJ people did testing at 4.0.1 to see if it was better than berserking (since it made 1 Agi = 2 AP). Berserking was still better; and right now berserking isn't all that great.

Apologies then, I could have sworn I read the avalanche vs landslide debate on the EJ forums. Oh well