Ele Shaman in arenas....

Well I have to say I am very very disapointed with how ele is competing in arenas as of day 1. I was running Ele/S Priest which was pretty viable for 2's last season. Almost every comp I faced was feral druid/???. I havent lost this much in arenas in my life. I thought the point of cata was to balance it which doesnt seem like it is. I go oom so quickly its not even funny. Kind of ridiculous I think.

Deleted
    1 quick question... how much resilience did you have?

Resilience aside, ferals are extremely powerful right now. They put out some initial burst + full round of bleeds then they just pop in bear form for a while until you die.

Not taking comp into the situation, Elemental Shaman will definitely take a little more skill now than it did to just turret like in WotLK. We aren't going to be able to do the quick LvB + CL burst because CL costs a shit ton of mana. Mana is definitely something that has to be taken into consideration now. Not to mention that totem twisting will be more important than ever.

shamans will no longer be spellcleaving their way to the top, atleast i hope so..

first of all - feral druids are incredibly strong as they stand now, and if they dont get a hotfix anytime soon, they might just dominate s9.
    got a tick from a rake to crit me for 24k in TB, not to mention the other bleeds, they just benefit far to much from mastery.

second - Cataclysm just launched, they are still working stuff out, scaling is still taking its toll and gear is still starter, im also pretty sure you have nowhere near a reasonable amount of resilience.

third - how are you going oom fast as an ele? i can't oom myself even if i tried (exaggerating), unless they mana burn you or you spam healing surge, you shouldnt go oom that fast.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

CL and self heal is a huge mana drain for elementals. So timing or avoidance for these abilities are crucial.

All points givin are all valid and appreciated. And yes resilence will definatley help seeing as for this season id imagine a good amount will be at or above around 2k and im only at 1200 right now. But for ele running a spell cleave with an s priest both of us go oom rather quickly. I think it partially might be due to the current gear as well. Obviously we all dont have the best gear yet as I have to grind more honor and get my conquests every weak. I mean we got to 1300 yesterday and hope to get to around 1800 seeing how much time we have. Then we can push for over 2k. I guess I just wonder what blizzard is thinking sometimes....Such as a little off topic but giving mages a bloodlust and sprint....you gotta be kidding me. But definatly Ferals and mages are pretty op at the moment. Hopefully blizzard will get their heads out and hotfix some of this stuff soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    shamans will no longer be spellcleaving their way to the top, atleast i hope so..

first of all - feral druids are incredibly strong as they stand now, and if they dont get a hotfix anytime soon, they might just dominate s9.
    got a tick from a rake to crit me for 24k in TB, not to mention the other bleeds, they just benefit far to much from mastery.
    Some reports are coming in that this was a bug that caused Rake to double dip the mastery bonus
    "us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1208031874#1"

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pro-tip, only self-heal if it's an emergency, or if you have Clearcasting.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~