Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    great post and it was pleasure to read that, I agree with that and imo they should atleast leave nourish as it have been before, low-mid mana cost and mid heal with 1.5sec cast becouse now we got hots or 2x longs cast and nourish does almost nothing with 3sec cast, regrowth too with 1.5sec cast and only viable heal is healing touch

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of the pissed off pvp resto druid posts that happened when Lifebloom's cost was dramatically increased and people kept going, "IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BLOOM BLIZZARD, IT'S ABOUT THE HOT." They were right. It wasn't about the bloom until that point. But guess what? Games change. Classes change. Deal with that or play a different game and hope things stay the same forever. I'm not telling you to like the new changes, but I am telling you to realize that games change and resto druids can now make more choices than they ever have.

Deleted
    it's not about "dealing with it or playing other game" I just feel a little disappointed that all classes got 1.5sec cast strong heal so we could have one too, maybe not so strong as pala or shaman but something like nourish heal as it is now ( 10k, 15k crit ) with low mana and 1.5sec cast to hold all members alive even with mid mana cost since I don't have ANY problems with mana until I spam regrowth

10+ Year Old Account
    If I see 'baddies that rj spammed' again I will ban you. Besides the fact it leads to show you didn't know what you were doing in ICC, it's leading people to think they did something wrong, when they did not. It's come up multiple times on multiple topics and it's wrong. 90% of ICC fights, rj/wg would give you the MOST effective healing. Meaning, if you were a good player, you did it, got bored, topped meters, and did by far the most effective healing in the raid. A lot of bad players did this, and only this, on every fight. But stop generalizing. When every single top 100 druid did this and their guilds were killing things months before everyone else, there was a reason.

Also, giving a full explanation of how healing worked in past expansions doesn't prove anything. We have all the same, if not more healing tool than we did before. Mana now counts, it has really never counted the way it does now before, and yes, I've been playing a druid forever. Once you get gear, healing is a lot better.

People cry they want to be hot healers. They find out in 25s you are one, they cry about that. They want healing to be more difficult, they cry. They realize with a group of bads it is, they cry. People will never be happy, it's a basic fact. But the way blizzard intended healing to be, with a few tweaks to numbers, it's working as it should be.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2010-12-27 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like being threatened with a ban simply because you misunderstand or disagree with my point. When I am referring to baddies, I explicitly stated with it, earlier in the post, that I mean people who have low general awareness of the raid, slow reaction times, spam one (or two) buttons and have no insight in what they are doing. Of course on aura fights, and many (parts of) fights in ICC25, RJ/WG was the optimal way to heal. I even noted this with a *, for emphasis. But thats not the point at all.

The point was, Blizzard thought RJ/WG only spamming (or COH/renew spamming or Chainheal spamming or Holy light spamming) isn't the way they intended healing to be. They wanted us to use more than just those spells, to let us make choices in spells we use, to seperate the baddies from the goodies, and I agree with them. I simply very much disagree on the implementation: I feel they've taken away my tools (namely Regrowth in its old form and Lifebloom on multiple tanks both as buffer tools, and lifebloom on the raid as a predictive protection tool) in stead of given me more. It looks like Blizzard doesn't want us to play our old style anymore (multitarget, pro-active, damage prediction) and I find that highly disappointing, cause that made healing fun for me.

nourish spamming vs rejuv spamming

choose which ones more fun.

Deleted
    I rather don't talk about spamming any of that spell, just making it some more useful, for example nourish with 1.5sec cast, mid heal, mid mana cost and after 3-5 heals it could have cd for using it again for 15-20sec, just to ppl up after some hard AoE dmg or something like that thats only one of my ideas. It could be somehow different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
    I don't like being threatened with a ban simply because you misunderstand or disagree with my point. When I am referring to baddies, I explicitly stated with it, earlier in the post, that I mean people who have low general awareness of the raid, slow reaction times, spam one (or two) buttons and have no insight in what they are doing. Of course on aura fights, and many (parts of) fights in ICC25, RJ/WG was the optimal way to heal. I even noted this with a *, for emphasis. But thats not the point at all.

The point was, Blizzard thought RJ/WG only spamming (or COH/renew spamming or Chainheal spamming or Holy light spamming) isn't the way they intended healing to be. They wanted us to use more than just those spells, to let us make choices in spells we use, to seperate the baddies from the goodies, and I agree with them. I simply very much disagree on the implementation: I feel they've taken away my tools (namely Regrowth in its old form and Lifebloom on multiple tanks both as buffer tools, and lifebloom on the raid as a predictive protection tool) in stead of given me more. It looks like Blizzard doesn't want us to play our old style anymore (multitarget, pro-active, damage prediction) and I find that highly disappointing, cause that made healing fun for me.
    I wasn't just talking to you, I was talking to everyone since it's been going on a lot in many threads, including this one. The fact is, it's still an overly misused term which people who didn't rj/wg spam try and play the 'I'm superior to you' card while the best druids in the world were doing this for almost every ICC fight. Aura/fights where that will still be the most healing far outweigh the fights that didn't. So pretty much every time you do see that phrase, it's used in a negative, and wrong way.

As said, 25 raiding is wrath raiding, but more difficult and using pretty much all your spells. So the people claiming we don't have the tools, we they want wrath healing but harder, all the complaints/debates that are constantly held, they need to understand it's the 1st tier of the expansion and when they get into 20s, that's exactly what you'll be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I haven't had any 25man raiding experience yet this expansion, only 10man. Should try out 25man raiding then, thanks for the tip

I'm not having issues healing, but it definitely isn't as fun as wotlk was. It's a bit too slow now. There are those burst moments when you're throwing out heals left and right, but once your cooldowns are blown, you're left throwing out molasses speed heals. They need to reduce the cooldown of Nature's Swiftness and allow for Lifebloom to be on multiple targets, but maybe only be stackable with one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I healed as a resto druid through all of wotlk raiding, seen every fight/hardmode. It was fun. Being able to be the only clas to blanket a whole raid with heals and still manage mana is wonderful. Now with Cataclysm, I have been tanking an healing, healing is very fun to me. The troubles of having to watch my mana bar brings a new meaning to the word healing to me. The new challenges and great feelings you get when you win are more rewarding now then ever.

topping meters isn't "best druids in the world".

If you look at a lot of the "best druid in the world" parses from ICC their raids are terrible, should be no way the raid is taking that much damage.

Druid was the most versatile healer through WotLK, people like you pigeonholed them into RJ/wildgrowth spam where a holy priest could do the healing just as well but a priest couldn't do jack shit for a tank.
    Just because you raided with lots of paladins and shamans doesn't mean everyone did. We cleared everything with 3priest2druid and 2priest3druid.

Guess what, come cata I still don't raid with any holy pallies, I'm still primary tank heals.

Threatening people with a ban for their oppinion not being the same as yours makes me definitely think you shouldn't be a moderator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    topping meters isn't "best druids in the world".

If you look at a lot of the "best druid in the world" parses from ICC their raids are terrible, should be no way the raid is taking that much damage.

Druid was the most versatile healer through WotLK, people like you pigeonholed them into RJ/wildgrowth spam where a holy priest could do the healing just as well but a priest couldn't do jack shit for a tank.
    Just because you raided with lots of paladins and shamans doesn't mean everyone did. We cleared everything with 3priest2druid and 2priest3druid.

Guess what, come cata I still don't raid with any holy pallies, I'm still primary tank heals.

Threatening people with a ban for their oppinion not being the same as yours makes me definitely think you shouldn't be a moderator.
    Most people consider the best druids int he world the druids in the top guilds, not the ones that top the WoL hps meters. Paragon, through the top 10, 20, even 100 played the same way.

Also, we don't ban people for opinions. We do make rules based on overused phrases that start or end up as trolling or flaming. People constantly saying 'this is something only baddies do' while in the beginning may not be in a trolling/flaming way, those phrases quickly turn into them. This is why we openly state, keep bringing these things up and you will get infractions. If I wanted to ban him for his opinion I would have. Instead I made it clear comments like that that lead into trolls need to stop. Many other class forums have specific rules of what you can and can not post about, we do not. So the same as 'wrath baddies' or 'join a guild' or even on certain class forums 'this spell sucks', these phrases are the same as spam or meme phrases so it's better to make it clear to stop posting about it.

Besides the fact calling a mod out or what they have done is against the rules, if you have a problem with someone PM them.

Actually, after thinking about it I think you're just misinterpreting what I'm saying. Having a debate or using the fact that some bad druids use rj/wg or even if someone thinks that was bad in wrath and it's sparks a topic about it is fine. The overused 'rj/wg spamming baddies' is not. A lot of people like to use that to try and belittle others or boost themselves, as said. The same reason most topics have mods stating keep 'wrath baddies', 'l2p' or 'join a guild' out of threads. Hope that clears it up. It's not the idea and opinions, it's the overused troll/lead to trolls phrases.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2010-12-28 at 12:12 AM.

I dislike these changes too

I've played resto all Wrath since 3.0.2, and finished all content before 4.0 came out. Back in 3.3 when I saw healing changes I've disliked them. I think any competent healer has some plan as how and who he will heal before entering progression raid. If your healing setup know each other good enough and have spent some time playing together you'll split roles for each boss ability. So Wrath healing model was about spending your gcd to heal everyone quickly. While afaik Cataclysm healing model is heal quick and mana efficiently. Mana problems can be solved again with the same carefull planing before entering the fight.

In Wrath healing was intense, spam rejuv, hold wg for some aoe ability, keep lb, HIT SM before massive raid damage or this guy will die. I was focusing like crazy, and this whole Cataclysm shit "spent some time thinking what you'll cast" isn't for me. I knew what I'll cast (and this wasn't only rejuv and wg) and when before I've entered the fight. So what? The same but without any reaction required? No, thanks. All this mana problems can be solved with carefull planing.

PS: I hate new heroics length too, in Wrath it wasn't that long, even before Nax gear came into play. 30min heroics were OK. This isn't fun when you do them 3rd time. Thanks blizz they've capped badge income, so there is no need to farm them each day. Only few weeks after each content patch.
    PSS: I want apologize, english isn't my native language, so if you've managed to read till this line... thanks.

Normally i just skip over these kinds of threads as mainly QQ. I love the way that healing is harder now, but i have to say they forgot something.

But i have to agree, they need to change one thing. Give us a mid speed cast that actually heals for something. Either raise the healing of regrowth, or give us something in the 1.5 speed range. I find i am constantly skipping over regrowth because it heals for next to nothing and is expensive as hell for that little to no healing.

We go from 3 sec casts on Noruish and HT to hots with no real healing inbetween. Regrowth costs way to much for the little amount of healing it does. We need some kind of filler inbetween. It sucks when the party/raid is takeing massive damage and i am stuck with very slow casts. I have had comments and even boots from people saying i am not healing right because they are not getting heals like they should, yet i can only cast so fast.

The general pace of the dungeons i like, the rest of the heals are fine, just that one flaw keeps glareing at me and i cant find a way around it.