Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feroxine View Post
    I must say I'm rather irritated after levelling Alchemy on my main predominantly so I could use this mount. If I had have known it was going to be made BoE in the future, I wouldn't have bothered.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 04:44 AM ----------

From what I understand, the recipe is a Tol'vir artifact discovered via Archaeology in Uldum, although I could be wrong.
    You are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    I agree professions should have unique things, I think a flying carpet or engineering mount are great as they aren't that special, however this is just too unique, too cool to be BoP. I think with something like this you would find a lot of people dropping their profs for alchemy and that's something blizz would never want.
    and rocket boots, a mind control helmet, a parchute cloak, and a helicopter aren't unique?
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    and rocket boots, a mind control helmet, a parchute cloak, and a helicopter aren't unique?
    Rocket belt that can kill you or wipe your raid, mind control belt that often does nothing, parachute cloak that requires you to keep old mats in your bags for whenever you upgrade.. and helicopter, i'll give helicopter. it isn't a two person mount though, nor is it as awesome as turning into a drake

Why so many whine about such trivial things rather than simply playing the game is beyond me.

Having a mount unique to your profession won't make you special. More people would just roll alchemy, material costs would go up, other professions that are dropped in favor of alchemy would have ruined the realm economies, etc.

And then you'd still see everybody and their brother using them... meanwhile taking your flask and elixir sales as well.
    Last edited by pedigree; 2010-12-16 at 06:38 AM.

And Jeeves personal vendor+bank access
    And Wormhole generator Northrend for quick transport
    And Teleport Everlook+Area52 (Goblin)
    And a portable Mailbox
    And Jumper cables.

I agree, nothing usefull /sarcams

(Seen the rockets boots failing loads tho on my guildies )

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom View Post
    As far as your response, it doesn't even make sense. Give "free" 310 to anyone who already has a 310 mount??? What are you talking about? If they already had 310, how are they getting it for free in Cata? You wanted Blizz to take away 310 speeds for the people that earned it and then make them pay to get it back? I don't consider paying 4-5k to get 310 flying "free" either.
    People that already had a 310% speed mount didn't have to purchase the training, blizz made all thier mounts 310% speed after patch. So he is correct. People that already had a 310% mount saved themselves 4000 some gold. Now take in account the amount of people that had a 310% mount, on however many toons per account, and that makes for alot of gold not being spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feroxine View Post
    From what I understand, the recipe is a Tol'vir artifact discovered via Archaeology in Uldum, although I could be wrong.
    Close. It's found occasionally inside Canopic Jar, which is a "common" Tol'vir artifact.

alchemists are sad? Damn you got new thing to make tons of money on players, you know that? :?

Quote Originally Posted by awayfromlife View Post
    welcome to the pain of being an engineer. tailors; you're next.
    That sucks, I'm both.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found mine yesterday, unfortunately i havent lvl'ed my herbalist yet /facepalm

Farming herbs lilke mad now, wanna make one for the AH asap, seing if i can make a ton of money, think i'm server first with the recipe, only moments after i linked it too the guild i got whispers from people asking me too craft it ! :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me angry that I spent so much time the day before Cataclysm came out leveling Alchemy up all the way just to have this happen. I've spent thousands of gold leveling it right now with the stupid AH prices (considering my other profession is Enchanting so I can't get my own herbs). Makes me SO angry! Sure I can get some cash selling it - but it really takes away from being unique.

Grrrrr.

They made the Canopic Jar white (may not be til next restart), I guess so people are less likely to think it's vendor trash and open it. Makes me wonder if other stuff can be found in it; probably not, but still.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, wasnt it just the recipe that was changed to BoE ?
    If not, I have seriously misread the change :P

To be honest, I hoped the mount itself would be BoE. That way we have a gold sink atleast, I would be fine with my carpets beeing availible to non tailors aswell. I never use them anyway, as I dont like them.

* I think I'm forgetting something, not sure what tho....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The recipie is still BoP, you need atleast 450 archa and good deal of luck too get it - However the mount you create is no longer BoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awayfromlife View Post
    welcome to the pain of being an engineer. tailors; you're next.
    This ^^ i saw it coming long ago...
    Why ppl have to be happy about it is a complete mystery to me. That mount costs at least 30k gold right u have that amount of gold to throw on 1 mount means that if u want it so bad you could always level up alchemy craft the mount and drop alchemy...
    Retired

welp, looks like my sham is comin outa storage to level his alchy

150 000 gold on trollbane EU

Dont know if it sells
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I honestly wonder why it took them so long. This is a change that should have been made in beta.

There is no other gold sink for Cataclysm.

Gold sink mounts should always be BoE OR all profession mounts should be gold sink mounts.
    ^ Agreed... Plus, the recipe is from the Archeology finds anyway, so it's not like people won't be able to get the plans to make it at all, you'll just have to kill each other over the mats, lol

Oh stop the whining. It is cool that everybody can get it. You are not special, no matter what items you think you have that all the others dont. Truth is : there are 12 billion people playing this game, you dont have ANYTHING that is unique. Every other player can have what you have. You are not a special snowflake.

Deal with it.

Enjoy the mount, and if you are realy that selfish that the fact that others can get it too takes away from your pleasure of riding it, you may better stop playing.
    Ecce homo ergo elk