Wink (Relatively) Cheap epics - Tailors only

So I'm sitting here, away from my gaming rig watching The Colbert Report and planning out my course of gearing my 85 shadow priest in the days to come. Like everyone else, I want to get the best gear I can possibly get all while spending as little as possible. Well to make a long post short, here's something I've come across that some of you might find interesting:

Belt of the Depths (4x dreamcloth)
    Breeches of Mended Nightmares (6x dreamcloth)

(I can't link yet because I'm a nub to the forums)

The belt "only" requires four pieces of dreamcloth. Dreamcloth is made from a handful of bolts and 30 volatile (insert element of choice). You can only make one dreamcloth from EACH elemental per week, meaning you can make 5 dreamcloth per week from volatile elements and one dreamcloth per week using 5 chaos orbs (although in my opinion that may not be worth it at this point in time). While some volatiles are a bit expensive, almost 40g per, others not so much. Let's say ON AVERAGE 30 volatiles will cost around 1k gold. Gather the cloth as well, and merely 4-5k gold later you've got yourself a shiny new epic belt.

Spending up to 5,000g may seem a bit steep, but you'll be getting an epic item very soon in the expansion, and while other epic items are going for well over 20k in the AH's across all realms, 5k is a STEAL.

Granted you will need to be a maxed out tailor (or know a tailor who doesn't plan on using their own dreamcloth) for this, it's relatively cheap and super easy to do.

Just something to look into!

PS. If any of the above data is incorrect or I'm interpreting things incorrectly, please correct me.

its correct i already made the belt and sold it for 40k on the ah
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Or seing as the volatile drops of mobs, we could farm those and save those 4-5k gold?
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I went with the Hyjal reputation epic belt instead. Getting exalted didn't take much dungeoning after having done the Hyjal quests while levelling, and it's just that much cheaper. Just something to consider before investing in that belt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The same holds true for other professions. It doesn't cost them 20k to make the item, that's just what they're selling it for.

Deleted
    I would like to point out that the pattern with chaos orbs has no CD. So if you're the grindy type you can actually make these items in one weeks time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest running with guildies who know and are OK with you needing the chaos orbs, or you are going to piss off a lot of pugs (which you may be OK with, I guess).