Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Priest mana regen will be fixed

told you they were gonna fix it and it was broken

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...the-difficulty

Bashiok
    Blue Poster

#82 - 2010/12/15 02:44:56 AM
    To be fair the priest issues are well known on the class design team. Mana regen probably needs a buff or mana regen in some way needs to be addressed for ... us. Them? I've never considered myself a specific class so that sounds weird to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    told you they were gonna fix it and it was broken

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...the-difficulty
    Priests still need more than a mana regen fix, though. Especially Disc. For a tree that's focused around "shields" and "preventive" damage, they are surprisingly lacking.

I really haven't played around with Holy much at 85.

/cheer
    ?

I mean, we managed... and it's only going to get easier from here. But hell, I'll take a buff

I'm doing... remarkably fine. You honestly just have to get gear and learn to manage your mana properly, using *EVERY* mana cooldown available to you, including PI'ing yourself on cooldown, using lots of Inner Focuses with reduced cooldowns from Train of Thought, shadowfiend early on in the fight so you can use it twice, and using it in coordination with Hymn of Hope for maximum mana regeneration. Using a +300 spirit elixir is a huge boost as well, and using your mana pots efficiently is the way to go. When you can, maximize Rapture procs, such as on the Argaloth fight where the entire group is going to take massive, expected damage, where you can get multiple rapture procs from his cone attack. Playing smart is the way to go, not asking politely for buffs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 09:44 PM ----------

Additionally, casting Greater Heal can be just as efficient as casting heal when used in conjunction with Inner Focus/Train of Thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    I'm doing... remarkably fine. You honestly just have to get gear and learn to manage your mana properly, using *EVERY* mana cooldown available to you, including PI'ing yourself on cooldown, using lots of Inner Focuses with reduced cooldowns from Train of Thought, shadowfiend early on in the fight so you can use it twice, and using it in coordination with Hymn of Hope for maximum mana regeneration. Using a +300 spirit elixir is a huge boost as well, and using your mana pots efficiently is the way to go. When you can, maximize Rapture procs, such as on the Argaloth fight where the entire group is going to take massive, expected damage, where you can get multiple rapture procs from his cone attack. Playing smart is the way to go, not asking politely for buffs.

---------- Post added 2010-12-14 at 09:44 PM ----------

Additionally, casting Greater Heal can be just as efficient as casting heal when used in conjunction with Inner Focus/Train of Thought.
    Well i'm glad that your playing well something that is broken =]

To OP: Thank you i was about ready to quit my priest and actually this game since the priest is the only thing i like to play

This has been a great day. First the Pally nerfs to bring them back in line with the rest of us, now this. I was on record as saying I've been doing fine as a disc priest, but I did think that we maybe could use just a little bit of a mana-related buff. Hopefully nothing huge though. I'd be happy with either another cooldown, a talent that increases mana regen from spirit or our current cooldowns getting a bit of a buff.

I would say archangel mana return could go back to 15% but that wouldn't help holy and would lead to a lot of people complaining about atonement's mechanics being too unreliable.

It is true that healing heroics with a priest is fine if the group has an IQ over their character level. but for raids the regen is seriously broken, alot of the boss ability's on say Magmaw, are pretty unavoidable, and yet ive only had him to 55~ % i was actually running on regens at that point so were the other healers in our 10man.

same goes for omnitron, gets to about 50ish % and boosh every healer is oom, once you get the fire and arcane golems out you NEED to be topping ppl or they (can) get one shot after the aoe fire, so mana mana mana!

tbh i am still just waiting for all the casuals and everyone else to start attempting to raid, its going to be a forum spam fest of how noone can last 3 mins healing unavoidable damage. for that im certain.

and dont say use heal more, since in a raid setting that spell is far too slow and weak to be effective.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2010-12-15 at 06:11 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying cheers. Healing dps's in wotlk mode is a total mana burn >.< A good group its a mb every second pull, with a bad group I might even go oom mid combat in first pull, without arcane torrent

Quote Originally Posted by t0k3n98 View Post
    Well i'm glad that your playing well something that is broken =]

To OP: Thank you i was about ready to quit my priest and actually this game since the priest is the only thing i like to play
    You sure a quitter, surprised someone even bothers picking you for a raid spot, giving up on the first wipe /= Toughen up. If other people can make it work, why cant you?

Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    You sure a quitter, surprised someone even bothers picking you for a raid spot, giving up on the first wipe /= Toughen up. If other people can make it work, why cant you?
    That seems... kinda harsh, no? Tkbunchanumbers isn't the only one who had been frustrated. A lot of us toughened up and just assumed it was the same for everyone and carried on. It just means we're awesome. It doesn't make those who didn't lesser people.

Wonder what they'll do.

Deleted
    Hoorayyy! Finally!

and dont say use heal more, since in a raid setting that spell is far too slow and weak to be effective.
    Exactly. Use Greater Heal with Train of Thought/Inner Focus. It's almost the same efficiency with 3 times the throughput.
    Last edited by Gradywhite; 2010-12-15 at 06:33 AM.

Though I will admit you CAN get away with a lot if you use every single tool thats available to you, I do get the feeling that sometimes the other healers are getting it a little better off - and it's usually in the mana department, so this is good to know that they're at least keeping tabs on the class to some extent.

Either way, glad to see the Blues haven't forgotten us faithful Clothies...About time we got to hear something from the design side of things..

i'm holy :/ but seriously one free spell cd isnt going to make much difference if mana is down to passive regen when raid bosses hit 50%

http://wowtal.com/#k=tb0_6kiH.a8t.priest.

thats me atm, well tbh i have the spell haste but im speccing veiled shadow for the 1min off shadow fiend cd, still its not that i think its hard or that i think ppl should move more, or that my class is broken, my problem with the way things are is that is it NOT FUN ANYMORE which is what is important no? sod it theres hardly any healers compared to dps roles, and now they are losing me also since im getting really tired of all the ppl saying 'your doing it wrong' when im clearly not. so bb healing, hello dps career. cant beat(heal?) em join em.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2010-12-15 at 06:40 AM.

I don't see any problem with current manaregen. I ended up having more mana and higher hps than my fellow healers (druid & shaman) on this reset and we cleared 7/12 of the current raid content. I notice a clear difference between holy and disc though but dunno, maybe I was just playing disc wrong or holy is much better spec atm.

Personally, I'm tired of getting yelled at by DPS that die because I can't keep people alive cause I go OOM almost every pull. We could use a boost

Deleted
    I agree with people that priests need to be buffed regarding mana reg and they will be. As myself playing holy in hcs and on raids i found that using heal in chakra state + serenity + flash heal if tank goes on low hp as some kind of quick safe makes me not go oom at all. I ussaly can do 2-3 trash packs before i need to drink and regarding bosses, you just have to learn how to avoid dmg, cc adds if there is any and use your shadowfiend etc on the right time.

I know we are a bit broken atm and it is hard, disc is even worse. Just make the best out of it as it is atm and wait and see what blizz will do for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm doing... remarkably fine. You honestly just have to get gear and learn to manage your mana properly, using *EVERY* mana cooldown available to you"

--> This
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

I wasn't aware we needed buffs :O

I've been healing heroics now where I only have to drink every 3 of 4 packs (and then usually only to 'play it safe'). I've only done two raids sofar (some attempts at Omnitron and Halfus) and while mana sure wasn't 'easy', I didn't feel like I was having major issues either (especially considering that I don't have rare gems or full enchants yet).

On top of that, last night on Omnitron I was doing as much healing as the other two healers (shaman, druid) while I had between 40-50k mana by the time they ran OOM.

Seems to me this is mostly a 'l2play' issue for many healers. That said, I don't mind buffs to make my life easier (And HOORAY at the LoD nerf, because seriously, that was just ridiculous)