Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    On top of that, last night on Omnitron I was doing as much healing as the other two healers (shaman, druid) while I had between 40-50k mana by the time they ran OOM.
    How was healing done? Bet you were bottom with half healing done as them :P
    Last edited by Vashi; 2010-12-15 at 07:53 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by vampfiend687 View Post
    Personally, I'm tired of getting yelled at by DPS that die because I can't keep people alive cause I go OOM almost every pull. We could use a boost
    Thats not unique to just your class heals tho ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    How was healing done?
    I was doing fine on Omnitron Defense System tonight, and healing equally with the other healers. Towards the end, mana gets a little tight, but it's definitely manageable, and we were able to kill it after a few good attempts. I have a World of Logs post I can share, though it's only our first two attempts because it stopped recording for some reason. As you can see, I was keeping up fine for that portion of the fight (although these were only ~50% attempts), and I hope you can take my word for it that I was keeping up the rest of the attempts and on the kill shot too, both in healing output and mana regeneration.

World of Logs - Omnitron Defense System

Deleted

I hope

i agree and think that Blizz should fix the issue. Liked to play Discipline in LK, and now at 85, its really became difficult to manage mana, especially if the group receives too much unnecessary dmg.
    OOM after almost every trash group, but OK, have to improve gear, enchants and maybe spec...But there is no manareg talent in disc tree atm....
    But even with lower gear, i would expect a better balancing between spellcost (4500 for Renew) and efficience..(ticks for 2,5k)

And throwing manapots on every cooldown? I dont think that Blizzard wanted that to become part of priest playstyle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    When you can, maximize Rapture procs, such as on the Argaloth fight where the entire group is going to take massive, expected damage, where you can get multiple rapture procs from his cone attack.
    Fairly sure this was fixed in some patch. At least I was unable to proc multiple raptures at the same time off infest in the LK encounter.

Mana regen is fine IMO. What needs some lovin is Disc's Mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not a kill log. Kill it and than show. Since you doing something bad. Healers are just spamming and mana went to shit. All are same then.

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 09:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Fairly sure this was fixed in some patch. At least I was unable to proc multiple raptures at the same time off infest in the LK encounter.
    10 sec hidden cooldown on rapture from shields. And its getting from one shield even.

im running out of mana using the correct healing rotations renew,heal,serenity > heal heal heal (big damage)> serenity gheal rince repeat till oom. how does this mean ppl need to 'l2play' ive said this before, i have played my priest as both disc and holy for 5 years now(although i didnt play much of wrath due to life), and i am having problems having fun playing as a healer now, so i still need to 'l2play'? seriously get a life, since if i can put 5 years into wow and still need to 'l2play' thats not even remotely true. the game has been so dummed down since tbc they have shaved off tons of the game and or dummed it down so its accessible to new ppl, well thats been done countless times. ppl saying 'its almost like it was in vanilla' well im afraid it isn't raids consisted of alot more players alot more fail buffer alot more downtime and wanding for mana. tanks didnt have more than 12k hp and bosses barely did hits exceeding 3-4k. its basically just flipped in numbers.

example tanks now have say 150k hp, bosses land say 15-20k hits, which is no different to having tanks with 12k health, and being hit for 1500-2000 consistently. on the other hand healers used to get say if i remember wayyy back my flash heal used to crit for about 3.5k in t1, all that has changed is the regen, but the methods of regaining mana are atrocious. there is no more 'oh ill just stand here and wait for it to come back' because it doesn't work like that.

mana pools never used to go much past 8k-9k, heals costing rufly 500-600 mana(or less), just scaled into bigger numbers. so you get the expensive heals, the non existent regen, less healers per raid, more overall damage to everyone and heals themselves haven't scaled much at all from lvl 80. we've gained a few 'lol' abilities but none of them really turn the tide in a fight they just prolong them for maybe 20 seconds to 1min. im not bothered about the overall whining, theres nothing stopping me just grinding some hit gear and switching to shadow, what im annoyed about is i really enjoyed healing through classic tbc and early wrath.. we get to now and its just frustrating, the fun has been sapped out of healing and replaced with even more headache than was there to begin with. tanks and dps just stand there mashing buttons untill bosses die, healers stand there mashing buttons untill the group dies while im sitting there yelling at my pc because i dont have the regen or healing speed or throughput to keep a group or raid alive taking unmitigated unavoidable damage for a whole 5 mins, while popping cooldowns may give you an edge during hard times in a fight they dont make it easier or less difficult they are just there to press so you have something else to press while you mashing 3 heals. im sorry but l2play lols if only this was the actual problem.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2010-12-15 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get over that "Heal" is your best friend on tanks now. Forget Flash and Greater heals.

It is not a kill log. Kill it and than show. Since you doing something bad. Healers are just spamming and mana went to shit. All are same then.
    We did kill it, it's just my combat log stopped recording for some reason. My numbers were still fine on the kill. Read the post ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by t0k3n98 View Post
    Well i'm glad that your playing well something that is broken =]

To OP: Thank you i was about ready to quit my priest and actually this game since the priest is the only thing i like to play
    Grow some ballz dude, where is the fighting spirit...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol View Post
    Priests still need more than a mana regen fix, though. Especially Disc. For a tree that's focused around "shields" and "preventive" damage, they are surprisingly lacking.

I really haven't played around with Holy much at 85.
    Mmhm. Using your sheilds is extremely costly, I find it rather aggrivating. I feel like I'm prevented from fufilling my purpose/gimmick/specialty.

Anyways, on the thread, I was totally just about to make a thread about this, I'm so excited!

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Draele View Post
    Mana regen is fine IMO. What needs some lovin is Disc's Mastery.
    They should reduce the amount of absorbtion it provides, and add a secondary effect: reduces the mana cost of sheilding.
    So, the new mastery would be: "Increases the aborbtion of sheilds and reduces the cost." The absorbtion increase would be lesser than it was. The exact amount of mana cost decrease is totally up to everyone and how high or low they think it should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    10 sec hidden cooldown on rapture from shields. And its getting from one shield even.
    It's 12 seconds actually, but that was always there, my comment was in reference to how it was previously possible to ignore the cooldown if the same aoe attack broke the shields simultaneously. This has to my knowledge been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol
    Priests still need more than a mana regen fix, though. Especially Disc. For a tree that's focused around "shields" and "preventive" damage, they are surprisingly lacking.
    Power Word: Shield is still one of my top healing/absorbs on many fights, with Divine Aegis following up somewhat closely. We still are very much about shields, just not to the WotLK extent where 90% of our healing/absorbs was shields. Disc is still a fun and competitive way to heal for people who know how to utilize every aspect of the talent tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    It is true that healing heroics with a priest is fine if the group has an IQ over their character level. but for raids the regen is seriously broken, alot of the boss ability's on say Magmaw, are pretty unavoidable, and yet ive only had him to 55~ % i was actually running on regens at that point so were the other healers in our 10man.

same goes for omnitron, gets to about 50ish % and boosh every healer is oom, once you get the fire and arcane golems out you NEED to be topping ppl or they (can) get one shot after the aoe fire, so mana mana mana!

tbh i am still just waiting for all the casuals and everyone else to start attempting to raid, its going to be a forum spam fest of how noone can last 3 mins healing unavoidable damage. for that im certain.

and dont say use heal more, since in a raid setting that spell is far too slow and weak to be effective.
    I don't know what you're using in these fights but if your oom by 50% you have no clue how to heal as a priest or any other class for that matter. I can get to 50% on these fights and still have 75% of my mana with sfiend still unused. I'm tired of bads whining over how hard the priest class is to play, people just need to not fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like most of the Priests complaining about our issues are Discipline. Holy has it's issues, but I don't believe mana regen is one of them. Chakra tends to be buggy as all hell and loves to not activate into one of the Revalations but for the most part it's fine. Discipline though, is just awful. I'm happy though as until the talent spec requires some brainpower to utilize I'd rather Priests drift over to the spec 90% of our class should be. Priests have always been the most dynamic class because of Holy and Shadow, Disc sorta takes that idea and throws it out the window for a simpler approach.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2010-12-15 at 08:29 AM.

Hmm.. I must say, sure I got mana problems.. But it's long time since it was this fun and challenging to play priest. We did our first tries on defence system last night and got a couple of tries down to 30%, bt ppl didnt start dying because healers ran out of mana, but other things... Feels like our problem is more related to ppl taking damage from things they shouldnt. Like dps that don't stop attacking the shielded ones, ppl that get targeted dont get away and burns a few more... And so on. Sure the mana was really a problem the first tries, but after adapting and starting to get used to the new mana usage / regen in raids it went alot better. Sure I did run out of mana some tries, but that was after the holy priest (Im disc myself) died and I had to try and hold up both tanks, which really kills the mana quite fast =P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=lakhota

Deleted
    I hate it when people say "l2p", but in this case I really think it does come down to that to an extent, and I don't just mean for the priest healer.

I thought these dungeons/raids were designed to make sure everyone is playing their part, including DPS CC'ing etc. The only way to make DPS do that is to make healers tight on mana.

If the priest healer cant keep the group up then firstly it's the GROUP that is doing it wrong, not the healer neccesarily.

'Fixing' the problem by buffing mana regen is just going against the original point of mana efficiency in Cata. Just bring other healers regen down in line with ours.

I don't feel like I have any mana issues, I just think it's unfair that other classes aren't having the same challenges.

ok we pull i ill already have chakra active, renew the tank, precast heal, if he doesnt get hit ill cancel and recast untill he gets hit, it lands, i use serenity, then its heal heal heal heal untill damage is exceeding the heal output, then its onto serenity gheal.

its funny you call me bad, even after ive played a priest probably befor you even knew wow existed.

that or you just have prenerf palas carrying you.

did i mention that after each try i had no more than 100k overheal. go figure. thats while using aoe heals during aoe damage phases.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2010-12-15 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It's 12 seconds actually, but that was always there, my comment was in reference to how it was previously possible to ignore the cooldown if the same aoe attack broke the shields simultaneously. This has to my knowledge been fixed.
    *EDIT* - Apparently this information is entirely inaccurate now, so don't listen to me
    It has been fixed, however, you can still avoid the internal cooldown by shielding only raid members who will not take damage within the immediate time-frame, and keeping it off the tanks when you need the Rapture procs, that way when a big AoE ability comes their way, they all break the shield at once and you restore 2.5% mana x 4+ raid members for a 10% total return, while spending ~12-13% mana on the shields initially. In this (relatively acute) circumstance, you spend 3% mana for 50k in absorbs, which is extremely efficient. Keep in mind, however, that this is not always possible to do on all bosses, and you can usually only get 2-3 on most boss fights, so it's imperative to take advantage of it on the fights where it is possible to get 5+ rapture procs at once.
    Last edited by Gradywhite; 2010-12-15 at 01:33 PM.