Is there a way to Macro Hunters Mark into any shot?

Im a SV hunter and sometimes I start with Cobra shot, other times with Explosive shot, other times with something else. Is there a single macro that would not have to replace the buttons I already have on my action bars that will apply HM with any shot?
    Last edited by DeathHunter; 2010-12-15 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Cobra shot, not Chimaera.

Chimera shot has sv o.O. But i dont think there would be 1 that worked really well for hutners mark

If there was, what would the point of the MM talent "Marked for death" be? Hunters mark triggers a global cooldown, which means macroing it in with another GBC shot is impossible.

You should really be placing Hunters Mark before the pull. The bonus you get from it really isnt worth it for trash since the mob is only up for a short bit of time. With boss fights and large HP mobs put it up before the tank pulls. But if you still want to macro it in I would suggest working it into your Misdirect Macro instead of a shot macro since that is usually going to be your first action after the pull. Especially with SV being a piority base and not a set rotation. Predone shot rotation macros are not the way to go with current hunter mechanics.

NO - u can make such a macros only with spells that are off GCD to make it work and be useful

O_o u start with chimera as Surv ...well nvm

I macro it into pet attack, but it's not needed. I'm just lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually make my macro '/cast hunters mark /cast petattack' so it's me, lining up my hunter's mark then sending in my pet to attack the thing I marked, then start my rotation.

yea yea, I meant Cobra, you guys could have deduced that easily.

I do use it for boss fights, but there are some heavy hitting mobs (Like the Honor Guards in ToTT and Oafs in Heroic Deadmines) that I'd like to be able to start right away on and not worry about putting HM on. Sure, it's not necessary, but if it was possible for a macro -- I figured -- why not, right? Oh well.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    SV cant Use chimera shot..... o.o

Quote Originally Posted by DeathHunter View Post
    yea yea, I meant Cobra, you guys could have deduced that easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnacee View Post
    SV cant Use chimera shot..... o.o
    /applaud.

Learn to read posts. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathHunter View Post
    Im a SV hunter and sometimes I start with Cobra shot, other times with Explosive shot, other times with something else. Is there a single macro that would not have to replace the buttons I already have on my action bars that will apply HM with any shot?
    My best guess is going with a castsequence macro. /castsequence reset=target Hunter's Mark, Cobra shot. Just hit the button twice, or if Hunter's mark does not trigger the GCD, then I would just do /cast Hunter's Mark /cast Cobra shot. Then you just have to hit the button once.
    "In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcle/nevantus/

^ ^ v v < > < > B A select start