Thread: Shadow's End

10+ Year Old Account

Shadow's End

Hi MMO readers and fellow players,

I want to start this post off with a background. I have been playing as a Shadow Priest sense around Naxx (WOTLK) *yes you can say what you want about Wrath Babys, but I was kind of deployed to iraq soon after I started playing and I was not able to get serious about raiding until then*. Anyway, if you played as Shadow in the Naxx days you would know that the spec was more or less LOL! We were terrible for the most part in Naxx but at least we still gave mana regen which was one of the sole reasons we had a raid spot in the first place imo. Anyway, Uld we still pretty much blew and even in TOC we were still so so. It really was not until around ICC that we started to be looked at as almost equals in the caster DPS line up *more so tords then end of ICC*.
    In ICC I LOVED being a Shadow Priest, there was few things I could imagine as fun as being the underdog caster DPS and blowing the *PURE* DPS out of the water * and of course I made it VERY well known that I was doing it at the time*. The days of ICC have come to a close as all of you now of course know which leads me to my point in this post. The down fall of Shadow *and in most peoples eyes the Priest class in general*. I gave it my all and leveled my Priest as shadow to 85 in a few days time and when I got there...yea thats pretty much my reaction "...". All the fun and interesting parts of playing Shadow have been torn from out underneath our feet and we are left with this empty shell of a spec/class and expected to work with it until the first tier. The fact of the matter is I find no pleasure in logging on my priest to do anything, and with that comes the realization that all that work, all those countless hours of play time have now come to a crashing and sad conclusion. I can no longer stand playing the class that has given me so much pleasure over the years and has kept me coming back for more raid after raid after raid.
    So, I say with a heavy heart that I am giving up on the Priest class all together and re-rolling. I am of course faces with the idea that I will have to learn a whole new class/spec *I happen to have had a 80 Shaman waiting to be leveled* so I think Ill give him a try and hopefully at 85 I wont be so let down as I was with my beloved priest. The fact of the matter is if things dont work out for my shaman *ele more then likely* I will probably just cancel my account and move on with my life as I probably should anyway considering I am 27 going on 55. I wish the best to all of those Shadow priests our there who though times are tough are fighting the good fight in hopes that one day Blizz will realize that they have ruined a perfectly good spec/class and fix what they have destroyed.

-Trixx

10+ Year Old Account
    2 say it realy... i can not follow it. any 1 here who can give this text in a nutshell?

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Paragraphs my friend

Ehh.. what? I find my shadow priests as fun as ever, and seing as I'm not in a hardcore guild, but a medicore (with alot of skill players) I have always, since tbc, been a part of the top players, and atleast top 5 dps at the worst, I still am. (My point was, bring the player, even tho there was times where spriests wasn't the best class, I was still able to pull my shit and actually do what was need'd for me to be worth taking in raids)

Cata didn't ruine anything? I don't have a clue what you mean is ruined?
    The rotation didn't change much, however we got mind spike now that we can use on mobs with 300k health, and not waste all our mana on dots.

Gearing up again from the start, and seing epic items not comming from heroics, is good, I means we have to wait for raid and those rep items there is available
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    i have started leveling as a shadow priest with my goblin from lvl 1 and i find this spec very funny and nice

After reading this very long paragraph, I have come to a conclusion that it is nothing more than a very long QQ about how his shadow priest is boring and they're giving up their priest and going to play their shaman, but if they are disappointed with him too, they'll quit and go on with their life.

Honestly not worth the time spent reading this BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixxious View Post
    Hi MMO readers and fellow players,

I want to start this post off with a background. I have been playing as a Shadow Priest sense around Naxx (WOTLK) *yes you can say what you want about Wrath Babys, but I was kind of deployed to iraq soon after I started playing and I was not able to get serious about raiding until then*. Anyway, if you played as Shadow in the Naxx days you would know that the spec was more or less LOL! We were terrible for the most part in Naxx but at least we still gave mana regen which was one of the sole reasons we had a raid spot in the first place imo. Anyway, Uld we still pretty much blew and even in TOC we were still so so. It really was not until around ICC that we started to be looked at as almost equals in the caster DPS line up *more so tords then end of ICC*.
    In ICC I LOVED being a Shadow Priest, there was few things I could imagine as fun as being the underdog caster DPS and blowing the *PURE* DPS out of the water * and of course I made it VERY well known that I was doing it at the time*. The days of ICC have come to a close as all of you now of course know which leads me to my point in this post. The down fall of Shadow *and in most peoples eyes the Priest class in general*. I gave it my all and leveled my Priest as shadow to 85 in a few days time and when I got there...yea thats pretty much my reaction "...". All the fun and interesting parts of playing Shadow have been torn from out underneath our feet and we are left with this empty shell of a spec/class and expected to work with it until the first tier. The fact of the matter is I find no pleasure in logging on my priest to do anything, and with that comes the realization that all that work, all those countless hours of play time have now come to a crashing and sad conclusion. I can no longer stand playing the class that has given me so much pleasure over the years and has kept me coming back for more raid after raid after raid.
    So, I say with a heavy heart that I am giving up on the Priest class all together and re-rolling. I am of course faces with the idea that I will have to learn a whole new class/spec *I happen to have had a 80 Shaman waiting to be leveled* so I think Ill give him a try and hopefully at 85 I wont be so let down as I was with my beloved priest. The fact of the matter is if things dont work out for my shaman *ele more then likely* I will probably just cancel my account and move on with my life as I probably should anyway considering I am 27 going on 55. I wish the best to all of those Shadow priests our there who though times are tough are fighting the good fight in hopes that one day Blizz will realize that they have ruined a perfectly good spec/class and fix what they have destroyed.

-Trixx
    Are you joking? Shadow priest was soooo good in Naxx, Ulduar etc. My shadow was on the top of recount almost on every singl fight. When I hit 85 it was hard with mana but when I got 80-85k mana pull I dont have problem at all. And dmg now? It is good on bosses and on trash when I MC the right mob nowone can make more dmg like shadow. There is no problen has 30k dps or let healer sleeps because you can heal by MCs mob. thats pity that MC was nerfed from 60 to 30s

10+ Year Old Account
    tl;dr for those who couldn't follow the wall of text: Shadow priest gets bored of shadow priests, moves to another class.
    Last edited by Sarcasm; 2010-12-15 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Deleted
    uhhm when i came near the end i forgot the first lines...

OT: There are ways to play it , u just need to find it out ... and if u dont like the playstyle then reroll to a new class
    there aint a better time to do it then now

Quote Originally Posted by Trixxious View Post
    Anyway, if you played as Shadow in the Naxx days you would know that the spec was more or less LOL! We were terrible for the most part in Naxx but at least we still gave mana regen which was one of the sole reasons we had a raid spot in the first place imo.
    I can't say I've EVER pulled this card, but...

I stopped reading at this sentence.

WotLK Naxxramas was some of our best days (of course, the best being when they finally made our dots scale with haste). We were regular chart toppers and we especially dominated AoE. When Ulduar came a long, we were nerfed. Our single target DPS went down dramatically, even though, on paper, the change technically shouldn't've been a nerf. If you remember correctly, our DoTs used gain damage bonuses equal to 100% of our critical strike chance. Thus, if we has, for example, 25% crit chance, our DoTs simply would've done 25% more damage, 100% of the time. The change made it so that we no longer received the flat damage bonus, but instead, our dot ticks could crit for 100% damage.

It was a difference between a 100% chance of 25% extra damage or a 25% chance of 100% extra damage. The problem was RNG.

So yeah, if you felt you were bad in Naxx, then you probably didn't really play it right.

The problem now is a matter of scaling. Shadow used to be plagued with scaling problems and we still are, only going in the other direction. Shadow has ALWAYS started out strong compared to other caster DPS because of taletns and steadily grew weaker and weaker as content progressed until the next expansion. Now, we do the opposite. We'll start out weak until we get nice amounts of haste and crit on our gear, then we will be strong again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

This happens all the time. Check the mage/warrior/shaman etc forums and ou'll find similar posts.

I however love my Shadowpriest, and Priest in general. And I have done since I started levelling her. New mechanics such as Apparitions are awesome, (shame about the nerf) I love the fact that now to stay active, we have to slide SW: D into our rotation, especially at lower gear levels.

Since the reintroduction of CC, we have the greatest CC in the game, and as mentioned by another, now have a HEAVY nuke on adds.

Took me a little while to relearn things. But I am definately looking forward to the rest of Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.