Healing is BORING part 2

ok to those who did not read my post, it's like this:
    Ok, my first post in here on MMO-C.
    I would like to state that this is not a "AMAGAWD HEALING BE HARDZZ!" - post.
    This is to take up on Blizzard new way of making a joke out of the art of healing.

<<<<(This is made from a Holy Priest PoV>>>>

Ok here we are, the last day of the first cata-week. I gotta say that I'm loving it so far. But there is a Small flaw: Healing.
    Again this is NOT a "AMAGAWD HEALING BE HARDZZ!" - post.
    The way healing is now, the most effecient way to heal, is to use your spells as little as possible. This in itself is not a bad thing at all, but the flaw insues when the time between spells are coming up to 10 sec.
    Try imaging only being able to use an ability each 10 sec as a DPS(Yeah, it feels like that to us healers).
    It is ALMOST like watching a movie and not being able to interact with the fight.

As HORRIBLE as the Wrath healing model was, we did atleast play an active role in the raid. You can't deny that fact. Look at ANY Healer PoV video from Wrath.

And when we get a Death Knight tank... ugh. If there is 3 DPS'es with them, then they can clear most packs without the healer doing anything.
    I remember yesterday in Throne of Tides. We had our guilds Death Knight tank with us. I did not even lose 10% mana before reaching first boss.

Back to the point. What I'm Basically saying is that the healer role is the least active role. and that by far. I've tanked on my alt, and DPS'ed on my priest. I find both roles to 100% active.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________________________

After writing that, i looked at the comments, and i felt despair, as my faith in humanity dwindled.

The comments consisted most of people not knowing what they talked about, bads that havn't learned to heal yet and saw my gear to be too low to run HC's.
    Here is a serie of some simple answars.

1. No i'm NOT undergeared for HC's. The reason why you go into HC's, is to get gear for raiding. That means, that you don't need to have more than the required gear to go for HC's(i.e an average item level of 329).

2. No i was NOT carried trough the instances. We all had about the same gear, as we only plays with people from our guild, like we all should be doing(after cata i've become directly terrified of PuGs). We worked as a team, and saw how easely we could beat the HC's when we actually did that(i still takes a long time to complete them).

3. some people asked if blizzard hadn't made any sup-healerspec for us to use. Yeah they have and if you look at my amory, then you'll actually see i've specced into Archangel. I will indeed contribute whit smiting, and blizzard have made this possible by the long time between i need to use my heals. Still, the arsenal of spells i find usefull so far, only consist of 7 spells: Heal, Flashheal, Binding Heal, Holy Word: Serenity, Renew, Smite and Archangel. Smite is just a filler to kill time, Archangel is to get the mana used from smite back, Binding Heal is an OH SH*T button(used 15-20 times a hour), Flash Heal is a 6% proc from Heal, Heal is a 2.3sec(with haste) 7,5k hit heal, Renew is our only HoT and my most used spell, Serenity is an instant 15k crit heal with a CD.
    Renew and Heal is our primary healing spell, all the other are only used in enrage, or if a big spell is being used by the enemy. Smite and Archangel is used as fillers, to either contribute to the kill, if the DPS is low. or just to kill time. All Priests should use it, if they want the DPS to avoid things and help healing.

4. Yes i Have healed HC's, most of them in fact. The only ones i have yet to complete is Grimbatol, SFK and DM. Reason for that is that the LFD system havn't put us there yet(we only use "Random" so that we can get the last 346 gear).

5. I didn't answar your comment, because i would like to see how much rage i could attract with that post. The post is obviously a provoker of the "HEALING IS SUPER PERFECT NOW AMAGAWD"-club. Which is just as much of a joke as the "HEALING IS SUPER HARD NOW AMAGAWD"-club.

I really hoped that ATLEAST one who see that, or that people would catch the point of my post instead of just raging over a game not being flawless.

6. The reason why i was made Class Leader is not my job to know. I just know that I accepted the offer, and that no one have complained about it yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________

Use your common sense! i just pointed out that healing have gotten boring and the reason why, and suddently I'm drowning in rage. Not that I don't find it entertaining(playing with the minds og kids, raging teens and wierd grown-ups is one of my hobbies), i just find it lame that those people ruin this awesome game, by raging at the slightest sign of critic posts. Do keep in mind that constuctive posts can be used to improve the game! This game if far from perfect, and the only thing holding blizzard back, is that immature mentality theres being displayed on these forums.

I love Healing, even after the Holy Paladin nerfs

Resto shaman here, I have to desperately spam heals, interrupts and totems just to get through a typical trash pull in heroics then drink after every pull.

Can I play with your team

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theimperfect View Post
    Resto shaman here, I have to desperately spam heals, interrupts and totems just to get through a typical trash pull in heroics then drink after every pull.

Can I play with your team
    Same here for Druids. Non-stop healing every pull. If there is AoE, it's doubtful anyone will get back to full health before the end of the fight (apart from tanks). Currently at Average iLvl of ~330. Maybe since you're only after the last pieces of 346, you are out-gearing the content? If so, go raid! The difficulty goes Normal Dungeon -> Heroic Dungeon -> Normal Raid -> Heroic Raid. If Heroic Dungeons are too easy, step up a level!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is relative. Healing may be boring to you, but not for everyone else.

Stop making it sound like it's the same for everyone with that topic. We understand what you are saying, but people just don't care. We are playing the game just fine, so please. Can you complain in your head instead of making a part 2 on this forum?

What is it with people?

Quote Originally Posted by KieranM17 View Post
    Same here for Druids. Non-stop healing every pull. If there is AoE, it's doubtful anyone will get back to full health before the end of the fight (apart from tanks). Currently at Average iLvl of ~330. Maybe since you're only after the last pieces of 346, you are out-gearing the content? If so, go raid! The difficulty goes Normal Dungeon -> Heroic Dungeon -> Normal Raid -> Heroic Raid. If Heroic Dungeons are too easy, step up a level!
    no i'm still missing a few(weapons, rings and head). i won't go raiding before i have a average ilvl of 340.

btw to all here, i have not included any major CD's because i obviously use them(i generally use Guardian spirite in the start of a big thrash pull, so the tank don't require much healing.
    a good advice for healers, is to use CD's whenever their off CD on big packs. that way you most likely won't drop below 90%.
    Lightwell is ofc only used on bosses. That way you don't have to heal on bosses, since you just force the dps and tank to use it. Greates invention since manafiend

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    This is relative. Healing may be boring to you, but not for everyone else.

Stop making it sound like it's the same for everyone with that topic. We understand what you are saying, but people just don't care. We are playing the game just fine, so please. Can you complain in your head instead of making a part 2 on this forum?

What is it with people?
    consider this. If you could only use a dps abilty each 7-10 sec, and then heal the group, would you then play the dps?

So you pretty much complain about your group knowing how to handle trashpacks and making the healer's job more easy?
    Second, heroics are just meant to be a decent challenge for experienced players to get some gear for raids.

Deleted
    I am restoration shaman with 10/12 bosses killed - 25man. Every single moment I was healing I really, really enjoyed. This healing is far more difficult, enjoyable and satisfying than it was in WotLK. I really didn´t like the system "heal everyone up to full health, otherwise die".

Hint: Try p3 in Ascendant Council 25 man with 10-sec pause in healing (or probably phase2 on Cho´gall) and you will see

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Sacrifice View Post
    So you pretty much complain about your group knowing how to handle trashpacks and making the healer's job more easy?
    Second, heroics are just meant to be a decent challenge for experienced players to get some gear for raids.
    Not exactly. HC dungeons are made to prepare you for raid. If the dungeon is no where near the raid difficulty, then the majority of the community will never get it down, or atleast have very big troubles with it. If CC makes the dungeon boring, then remove the need plz.

THIS ENTIRE THREAD has been my own personal openion from a Holy Priest PoV.

Not just a holy priest PoV, it's the PoV of a healer lucky enough to run with good dps who know how to CC, interrupt, and move out of shit. Go run with random people, you'll understand what people say.

The only thing that changed is that people have to actually learn how to manage their own health bars now. Healers are no longer hard carries, and the health of the raid group is a group effort. Ask any rogue that raided at level 60 what that was like, 90% of healers were forbidden to waste mana healing them.

Healing will get better with gear. The best advice I could give to anyone going through frustrations with the "new" healing would be to boost your mana pool and regen, and focus on haste/crit when you've got some more breathing room with the amount of spells you're able to cast. The difference between 70k mana and the 94k that I have now after a week of gearing is staggering (obviously).
    Dawg are you serious

OP needs to understand he is running these instances in the ideal, perfect environment, while the rest of us are running with the typical circumstances. Of course when you're in your perfect world, your life would realistically be made easy. However most of us are running with randoms and therefore are required to compensate for others' lack of intelligence or knowledge.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Deleted
    it is boring yes. I liked the old wrath, heal spam , fast paced, miss a heal someone dies model. Now its heal, wait, heal, wait, heal, yawn, wait, yawn, heal.....

With most normal heals taking an eternity to cast.

Is it hard? not unless you are playing with retards. is it fun, no.
    I've played for years, right since it was released, this is the only time when I just cant be arsed to run instances, its not fun, its not interesting, its not challenging if playing with guild, and its not possible if pugging.
    Fail expansion is fail from a healers perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacotl View Post
    it is boring yes. I liked the old wrath, heal spam , fast paced, miss a heal someone dies model. Now its heal, wait, heal, wait, heal, yawn, wait, yawn, heal.....

With most normal heals taking an eternity to cast.

Is it hard? not unless you are playing with retards. is it fun, no.
    I've played for years, right since it was released, this is the only time when I just cant be arsed to run instances, its not fun, its not interesting, its not challenging if playing with guild, and its not possible if pugging.
    Fail expansion is fail from a healers perspective.
    I see what you're saying here from a certain perspective but...being a heal turret wasn't fun for a lot of us either.

I really enjoy the Cataclysm model because we're alot more involved in the meta-game, i.e. CCing, interrupts, offensive dispelling, dps-ing at the right times. These are things that good healers did in Wrath too, except now its required that you do these things. Sustaining the group without casting healing spells...is different.
    Dawg are you serious

I tried to read your post. I really did. Even though it's annoying that you made a second post to say the exact same thing over again, I was going to give it a shot.

And then you said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashshield View Post
    This is to take up on Blizzard new way of making a joke out of the art of healing.
    I put the important part in bold.
    I don't mean to be rude here but wth are you talking about?

What ART is there to the healing part of the game for the past 2 years?
    Every healer had it extremely easy. We spammed our best heal and didn't stop until the boss was dead....
    That's art to you? You must have lousy taste.

I can't possibly imagine what you are comparing healing as it is NOW in game to. At which point in WoW were you an artful healer?

The more I read your post the more it looks like you're only being argumentative to get attention. I think there's a term for that type of behavior...

Quote Originally Posted by thundercles View Post
    I tried to read your post. I really did. Even though it's annoying that you made a second post to say the exact same thing over again, I was going to give it a shot.

And then you said this:
    View Post

I put the important part in bold.
    I don't mean to be rude here but wth are you talking about?

What ART is there to the healing part of the game for the past 2 years?
    Every healer had it extremely easy. We spammed our best heal and didn't stop until the boss was dead....
    That's art to you? You must have lousy taste.

I can't possibly imagine what you are comparing healing as it is NOW in game to. At which point in WoW were you an artful healer?

The more I read your post the more it looks like you're only being argumentative to get attention. I think there's a term for that type of behavior...
    Healing is art, DPS is science, Tanking is strategy.
    healing is an art because theres no science or strategy in it.
    DPS is science because they are mostly about what makes you do the highest Damagde Pr. Second.
    Tanking is just pure strategy.

BTW to you all, if you complain about healing is hard and your not in a guild run with a talking program like Ventrilo or Team Speak, then just give up. Guild will always be better then a PuG.

PS. Oh yeah, just got Guild First achive for Grimbatol HC yesterday(. Took us 2.5 hours, and it was the most devastating HC dungeon i've ever been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashshield View Post
    Healing is art, DPS is science, Tanking is strategy.
    healing is an art because theres no science or strategy in it.
    DPS is science because they are mostly about what makes you do the highest Damagde Pr. Second.
    Tanking is just pure strategy.

BTW to you all, if you complain about healing is hard and your not in a guild run with a talking program like Ventrilo or Team Speak, then just give up. Guild will always be better then a PuG.

PS. Oh yeah, just got Guild First achive for Grimbatol HC yesterday(. Took us 2.5 hours, and it was the most devastating HC dungeon i've ever been in.
    I think you're confusing Healing with priest or something, cause what you are writing makes absolutely no sense from a healers perspective. And your whole "healing is art, dps is science and tanking is strategy" is one of the silliest things I've ever heard. No wonder you're bored if that is how you think healing works...

And what are you on about, only being able to cast every 10th second?
    I think you need to go back and re-learn your class, because you're obviously doing it wrong.

Off-topic; Also, 2.5 hours for GB HC? Were you stopping for picnics after every pull?