Ret + Ret for 2v2?

I've been wondering about this for a while now and I wanted to get the opinion of others on this

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#schbZ0...cdfd:RcoikomzM

Check out that build and tell me what you think about it and why it would be good/ bad.

If two Ret Paladins had this same build, the healing done by Word of Glory would be really good, especially if their partner was under 35% health, plus the chance to not consume the Holy Power. To me, it would be an "outlast the other team" kind of matchup.

It's a defensive build, but I'm just brainstorming until X-mas (when I'll actually get the game).
    Last edited by Aggroholic; 2010-12-15 at 02:27 PM.

If you absolutely want to make sure nobody on the other team dies, go ret+ret.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Change one point from art of sacrifice to Seals of command.

Well, I didn't say it was perfect and can't test it out anyways. Ret is not looking good in its current state, especially in PvP. Seems like they are more of a support class and I'm just thinking of ways to make the best of it.

Tbh, Ret+Ret is the worst idea of a 2v2 team I've heard. As far as I'm concerned rets still miss an actual slow effect and also got pretty bad lockdown and are quite squishy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    If you absolutely want to make sure nobody on the other team dies, go ret+ret.
    This.... seriously if if i played mage + anything I would just play and laugh and sheep and laugh and play some more until I bored and killed you both.

You do realize that ret damage relies completely on rng? Your only guaranteed burst comes from avenging wrath, which is almost always spell stolen or immediately CC'd. To achieve a quick kill the stars would need to align just right for both of you, something you simply can't count on during an arena match. I mean I love playing ret and always have but we're simply not very good atm. I'm currently playing prot + mage in 2s right now and it is extremely fun. Sadly, prot damage is much better and can be constantly sustained. Avenger's shield silences and has a chance for its CD to be reset and the more damage you take the stronger you become via vengeance. I've had crits in the 20k range since most people have little to no resilience.