Druid dps comparison

Druids,

My main spec is kitty dps but while grinding through heroics I have accumilated a respectible boomkin set. My question is given roughly equally geared kitty and boomkin, how close will the dps be? Not looking for a MATLAB discussion, just a rough idea.

Thx yo

very close, I give the edge to Kitty's as they can reduce their threat, whereas boomkins cant, so boomkins dps is hamstrung by their tanks threat generation abilities, whereas kitty's are more in control of their dps. (and have no responsibilities like innervating healers and brezzing and CC'ing (generally). Some fights will require you to use interrupts, but thats rare, and ferals wont be asked to cc, unless its really needed.

So direct answer: Feral will be higher.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

Sounds about right Boom, Feral will be higher, but given circumstances where Feral (kitty) druids would be asked to CC, Boomkin has the advantage imo.

Boomkins have the advantage of being ranged so they have that 20-30% aggro buffer where as a Kitty does not, that is why they are given cower.

Feral cat does not get asked for innervate much but a smart cat will still use it, same thing with Brez's as you would get a boomkin over a cat to do it purely because the Boomkin will be out of melee range where someone who is rezzd there could get killed. Those are not reasons as to why Cats will be higher DPS because I raid as a cat and I still throw out innervates and brezs and root mobs while still managing my DPS. If you aren't very good with the class than yea you have places you can slack like not rezzing/innervating/rooting.
    Last edited by Turaz; 2010-12-15 at 08:53 PM.