Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Holy healing, could it be fine?

So i just heard of the hotfix yesterday but couldn't actually test it out until today. turns out, i can still heal through heroics and even have some buffer room for when dps fucks up. I don't have uber gear either so that can't be it.

could it be, that when you weave in a cs here and there when the situation calls for it or when you just pump out a divine light that despite lower hp generation we are still on top of the healing game?

To all the people clamoring that they are going to quit holy now: please do it. there is certainly no shortage of mediocre fotm rerollers...
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Holy wasn't nerfed that bad, just a few thing's that were halfway to being an exploit, (Light of Dawn transfering all heals through beacon to tank)

And the gaining a combo point through holy light was in my opinion overpowered already.

Yea i'm a holy pally, i'm not qqing.

i think lod still transfers to beacon, could be wrong though. But i agree. holy light = holy power was insanely op for mana management
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

I don't think anyone who's actually got a clue disagrees that holy paladins were overpowered (in PvE at least), if you qq after losing your ability to top meters by nearly 50% you've really got nothing to base it on.

Deleted
    I won't tire repeating this: The healing itself was not nerfed, the mana was not nerfed, paladins are still best healers ingame. The hotfix sucks for other reasons, such as encouraging Holy Light spam and greatly reducing the usage of Word of Glory.

You can still crank out holy power fast by using FoL/DL on your beaconed target, it'll just cost you a lot more than it did before. Which is fine really, aoe healing isn't cheap for any class.

Deleted
    It's really only slightly worse. What hurts is that they took a way a lot of the fun of multiple HP generation ways. Basically they should have nerfed our healing by a %, or our mana costs by a %, but left the old system alone. I thought the sky will fall at first, but i already got used to it, so it's fine. Just less fun.

Looks like I'll be crusader striking like a mofo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honesty, I see us using Divine Light a ton, with a lot of twiddling our thumbs/boss melee in the end. I could be wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Honesty, I see us using Divine Light a ton, with a lot of twiddling our thumbs/boss melee in the end. I could be wrong though...
    Unofrtunately with the hit to our mechanics I think this statement may ring true more then we want it to. I've been healing on my pally since vanilla and I can say the transition from HL spam in WoTLK to thee amount of spells we recently got to use BACK to HL spam makes me really consider changing to a priest.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

I compensate the holy light/beacon nerf by staying in melee range and using crusader strike on cooldown. I've glyphed the "Glyph of the Ascetic Crusader" which reduces the mana cost down to 1.6k. Throw in a judgment on cooldown and our mana regen/conservation is still very high

Holy Shock.

.. We have to use it for something right?

---------- Post added 2010-12-15 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valyr View Post
    I compensate the holy light/beacon nerf by staying in melee range and using crusader strike on cooldown. I've glyphed the "Glyph of the Ascetic Crusader" which reduces the mana cost down to 1.6k. Throw in a judgment on cooldown and our mana regen/conservation is still very high
    Good luck with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Good luck with that.
    Why not ? In Heroics it´s viable to cast a CS here and there, in a Raid environment probably not that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Haasor View Post
    Why not ? In Heroics it´s viable to cast a CS here and there, in a Raid environment probably not that much.
    I hardly have time to cast anything, much less CS.

You'd be better off casting DL on the beacon. CS is a waste of mana... 1.6k for 1 HP is not good. You'd be better off replacing the CS glyph with beacon glyph and just precasting beacon before every DL you cast. It's what I've been doing. I have about half the amount of casts as I used to and still end fights with lots of mana... lot of standing around admiring the flowers with this change.

Even with the new changes, Holy Paladins are fine. Nothing has changed except you can CS here and there and judge on cd. Another option is to glyph Beacon and toss it around. Mana still near full at end of 5 mans.

I have to agree I think it's even potentially viable in raids of course varying a lot from fight to fight. But in LK (before the buff + Gear got absurd) it wasn't at all uncommon for me to be able to sneak in a few melee swings and get the mana regen from seal of wisdom. That's gone (mostly), but sneaking in a crusader strike here or there could still be plausible.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know they'll probably stop holy getting HP from CS next :P

I personally have no problems healing and did not really notice the nerf at all. I don't have big mana problems at the moment unless people are sucking badly standing in fire etc. We're fine, we really are. However, I do pity my fellow healers of other classes which are not so good. This 'nerf' probably would of hit me harder when I first entered HCs but now I'm fully HC gear or JP gear and rep rewards. Well we'll see in raids.

Found that it works great for (of course) casting your judgment everytime instantly gets back around 4k mana cost like 1.2k and if your verry low and its avalible justs go smack the thing you are fighting to gain some mana back you get around 900- 1k every strike it works great if you do it corectly

Deleted
    Well I've dont a couple of heroics and BH. Wasn't hurting for HP too badly. I still heal the beacon for a truck ton with LOD so...