Thread: lvling 80-85

lvling 80-85

My lock is 77 atm and i wont rly be gearing him though just using quest gear from wrath. Is it still ok to go to the new content as destro? Since i wont be well geared destro should provide enough firepower and stuns to take on the mobs there. I WAS thinking of aff but being undergeared the dots would take forever to kill even if i kite. Demo mayb as a second choice, but yeh whats the best spec for an undergeared lock to 85?

Deleted
    honestly the first 20 quests of a new zone will have you 5-6 new greens that are as good as ICC gear so dont wory about it go in the spec you choose it will be fine

15+ Year Old Account
    ^ Do the first 20 quests in Hyjal slowly and get the upgrades (go as far as it takes to get the new weaponry)

Then queue for dungeons until you're 82. Find a tank or healer for faster queues. Fastest experience possible once your group knows how to run it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    ^ Do the first 20 quests in Hyjal slowly and get the upgrades (go as far as it takes to get the new weaponry)

Then queue for dungeons until you're 82. Find a tank or healer for faster queues. Fastest experience possible once your group knows how to run it.
    I had a much different experience with dungeons. I ran ICC25 heroic gear guild groups with minimal downtime and instant queues, and I still found questing to be faster.

However, dungeons would be able to give you a lot of gear upgrades that would help out a lot. Personally, I'd suggest opening quest lines for each dungeon, then run them just enough to finish all the quests, then quest until you're in the next zone and have again acquired all the quests for the next instance. Rinse and repeat.

Get to Twilight Highlands ASAP, it has an enormous amount of XP. (Should head there about 3/4 of the way through 83 to hit 85 approximately when you have done all possible quests in the zone)