Engineers kinda shafted?

our epic BOEs got nerfed to blues but still require the mats that other professions use on epics. How does that make since why did they not nerf the mats also?

REVISION:

ok, perhaps i wrote that wrong. why did the engineering bows and guns that were ilvl 357 with the damage equivalent of a 357 weapon get nerfed to the damage equiv of a 346 while still requiring the materials to make that other professions use to make items with stats equivalent to ilvl 357 items?

i am not an eng but i would like to buy some of the items but they are just not worth it when you can get the same stuff from heroics (if your lucky) (7 runs thru heroic BRC and the item has not dropped)
    Last edited by Mixon; 2010-12-15 at 06:19 PM.

Who cares what colour it is? I've never understood this mentality, everyone just goes by ilevel these days anyway.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

My comprehension of the english language just commit suicide.

346 items that cost 13k to make.... Not useless AT ALL!
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Who cares what colour it is? I've never understood this mentality, everyone just goes by ilevel these days anyway.
    IIRC - its because - an equal item level of blue is NOT equal to a purple... the purple has a higher budget.

ok, perhaps i wrote that wrong. why did the engineering bows and guns that were ilvl 357 with the damage equivalent of a 357 weapon get nerfed to the damage equiv of a 346 while still requiring the materials to make that other professions use to make items with stats equivalent to ilvl 357 items?

i am not an eng but i would like to buy some of the items but they are just not worth it when you can get the same stuff from heroics (if your lucky) (7 runs thru heroic BRC and the item has not dropped)
    Last edited by Mixon; 2010-12-15 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Epics have a larger stat budget than blues of the same itemlevel, that's why. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Ya but the enchants are op, compared to some other profs, so please keep quiet.
    And yet, at least for some classes, they seem quite lackluster compared.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to make some extra $$$ off of them as well but not too sure how it will go now. Hopefully as tiers increase we get some new patterns to replace old gear we could craft. After this first tier shiney crafted helms will be poo.

Ah, well whad'ya know.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

A bit off from craftable rare/epics discussion:

If I'm not mistaken, Blizz has made (in my opinion the best) Engineer tool useless in Cata - the Zapthrottle Mote Extractor. I love this thing as it helps a non-miner acquire motes and such. I may have to drop a crafting prof on an alt to make up for it (seeing as how much Electrified Ethers are used, especially in leveling).

Please Blizz, give me my cloud-catcher back! I'm done with TBC and WotLK primals and eternals!
    Oh well, life goes on.

EDIT: I am working on my Keyboard turning MMO-Champ, quit hounding me about it.
    Last edited by Ccon96; 2010-12-15 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Ya but the enchants are op, compared to some other profs, so please keep quiet.
    Some are powerful, others are borderline trivial. Not to mention the TERRIBLE proc system meaning those with maxed engineering still might lack the one they want most.

And yes, it's a bit dumb - We don't have any new tools, most of the exciting stuff from early beta vanished mysteriously. We don't have any craftable BoE epics, our tinkers have been nerfed tremendously - now only being able to equip a much lower quantity with most being on the belt or gloves. Several tinkers require us to carry around WotLK materials, and our new "bomb" isn't just on the GCD, but costs WAY more than Saronite bombs (two early bars for 2-4 bolts instead of 5 later (more plentiful) bars for 30-40 bombs)

Seriously, where did Jeeves the Merciless/Sir Jeeves go? Goblin Mini Hotrod? Gnomish Portal Gun? Big Daddy? Instead we just get some pets, and a bunch of fishing supplies. And the loot-a-rang, which while neat, isn't glorious like engineering should be.

And then the issue of our teleport. It went to archaology. (which on it's own I don't mind) With the cooldown gone from 15 minutes to 12 hours. (Nef is understandable, 12 hours is Overnerf :x)
    Last edited by HikariOblivion; 2010-12-15 at 07:33 PM.

You can remove "Kinda" from the thread-title, i can find little to nothing of worth to craft as engineer, and i've been a fanatical engineering-devotee since vanilla...

No STR-gun (Would be nice for warriors, instead we have 2 near-equal AGI-guns at L83, 1 equip-stat difference), the electrostatic condenser (Or whatever that "Air-pieces from gathering"-thing is called) hardly ever procs, i'm still busy recouping the air-bits i got off AH to make the damn thing! >_< lootarang is... too expensive for a start, no cloak-tinkers at all so i'm using the wrath-parachute (Yay progress!), goggles are decent though the most in-demand cogwheel (The crit one) requires a non-existent part in trade for it, the sort of thing i would expect a company of Blizzard's stature to check on, no glove-tinker that directly boosts melee-DPS (At least for arms-spec, tazik shocker is more of a hand-buzzer)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariOblivion View Post
    Some are powerful, others are borderline trivial. Not to mention the TERRIBLE proc system meaning those with maxed engineering still might lack the one they want most.

And yes, it's a bit dumb - We don't have any new tools, most of the exciting stuff from early beta vanished mysteriously. We don't have any craftable BoE epics, our tinkers have been nerfed tremendously - now only being able to equip a much lower quantity with most being on the belt or gloves. Several tinkers require us to carry around WotLK materials, and our new "bomb" isn't just on the GCD, but costs WAY more than Saronite bombs (two early bars for 2-4 bolts instead of 5 later (more plentiful) bars for 30-40 bombs)

Seriously, where did Jeeves the Merciless/Sir Jeeves go? Goblin Mini Hotrod? Gnomish Portal Gun? Big Daddy? Instead we just get some pets, and a bunch of fishing supplies. And the loot-a-rang, which while neat, isn't glorious like engineering should be.

And then the issue of our teleport. It went to archaology. (which on it's own I don't mind) With the cooldown gone from 15 minutes to 12 hours. (Nef is understandable, 12 hours is Overnerf :x)
    Considering they have been pushing people away from engineering since before cata release this is no surprise at all. I fully expect further nerfs. I wish they would just go ahead and remove the damn profession. Im dropping it from all my guys as it is. No reason to keep it. I can make stuff that actually sells with jc, or bs. No one buys the guns/bows I make because they get better from questing/instances. The scopes I can make aren't that great anyway so whats the point. A helm that will be outdated? As a paladin strength is better than any other stat. So the cogwheels won't benefit me as much as strength gems. There is just no reason to keep it.