Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree it feels like a bit of a heavy work load sometimes to get to the daily cap with a smaller guild, when there's only one and a half group ready for random heroics. Especially now that the most active ones got to 85 and aren't questing anymore (which they already nerfed anyways). So it's all down to how many random heroics you can do with a guild group in one day.

I don't feel like the guild (achievement) rewards are necessarily unfair to smaller guilds. Some seem balanced in terms of benefit of the reward vs. guild size. For instance, the reward from "Stay Classy" (which is 8th guild tab) clearly is much more needed in a bigger guild. As is the cauldron thingy. Don't really need that in a casual raiding guild in my opinion.

And some items I don't really have any interest in. But sure the companions and mounts are much easier to get in a bigger guild, and I wouldn't mind those, being a collector (same goes for the cooking recipes ). It did concern me whether I could get those at any point due to our guild pretty much disbanding and only a small core regrouping elsewhere. But I don't have time to get into a proper big guild at the moment, so I'm "stuck" where I am now (I wouldn't be in the guild if it weren't for the people in it though, so it'd also be stupid to leave them just for better guild perk).

As much as I hate the guild reputation cap (wouldn't mind at all if it was uncapped so quest rep wouldn't have gone to waste - and let those farm to exalted in a day that wish so, doesn't mean everyone will get there as fast), I think maybe it would be better to have a weekly guild experience cap rather than daily. Bigger guilds would still have easier time getting the cap, but then smaller guilds would be get less penalty for having major activity towards the weekends, since in a smaller guild there might not be many who can play all the time.

One thing I was thinking about was that the guild reputation (maybe exp) gained should somehow scale based on guild size. In a way logical - if a guild has 1000 members no one's going to notice yet another guy who does a quest, where as in a 10-man guild one person is 10% of the whole guild, so it's much more reputation worthy to complete that one quest in that guild. Something along those lines, anyways.

edit: I'm still surprised though that people from bigger guilds aren't complaining and crying over how easy it is to get to the cap and smaller guilds should really have a hard, if not impossible, time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I still think a solution would be to remove rewarding individual activities (like leveling xp), and start rewarding only guild activities. That way, guilds need to do things together to level. Size won't have much impact at all.
    Actually, that would really be impacted by size. It's at the moment realllllly difficult to do enough heroics in a day to get the cap when you have perhaps 6-8 eligible characters and others are still leveling. And getting at least 4 people that aren't only dps online at the same time with enough time and interest to get a heroic dungeon will really be difficult in a smaller guild, so at least you get SOME experience from people who are questing. Mainly talking about heroic dungeons because you can't raid every night and I haven't gotten there yet with our guild. And there's division between pvp and pve, some do both, others do either-or.

I guess it also comes down to the point whether or not small guilds need to level as fast as big guilds, but then again why should we be less "experienced" if we want to only gather people we know already and have fun with semi-retired ex-hardcore raiders.
    Last edited by Ibis; 2010-12-15 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus
    This only begs the question: Why guild levels at all? It seems like the only purpose is to reward guild perks. Wouldn't it have been better to reward guild perks for the guild achievements? Example: Complete 5000 quests. Reward: 5% increase to experience from quests and kills. Daily quests would obviously count and numbers are not final. The perk would be gained by small and big guilds alike, just a little slower for smaller guilds.
    Example2: Farm 5000 gathering nodes. Reward: more mats from nodes. It rewards you for doing what you want to do and is easily achievable by dedicated players and large "casual" guilds alike.
    "Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you have his shoes." - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
    Actually, that would really be impacted by size. It's at the moment realllllly difficult to do enough heroics in a day to get the cap when you have perhaps 6-8 eligible characters and others are still leveling. And getting at least 4 people that aren't only dps online at the same time with enough time and interest to get a heroic dungeon will really be difficult in a smaller guild, so at least you get SOME experience from people who are questing. Mainly talking about heroic dungeons because you can't raid every night and I haven't gotten there yet with our guild. And there's division between pvp and pve, some do both, others do either-or.

I guess it also comes down to the point whether or not small guilds need to level as fast as big guilds, but then again why should we be less "experienced" if we want to only gather people we know already and have fun with semi-retired ex-hardcore raiders.
    I don't count heroic grinding as a guild achievment. I'm more taking about getting actual guild achievments. So you only need to do it once, then you get the acheivement. Basically - make guild achievement points the actual guild xp. Once you get all the achievements, then you are lvl 25 (or something like that).

Deleted
    It's stupid how it works at the moment, and needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm in a RL friends & alts guild that was hitting, at most, 50% of the daily cap per day before the nerf. Obviously they're completely disregarding small guilds, because going by that, we'll be able to maybe hit 13% of the cap per day. We were aiming for Lv 20 for the heirloom gear and exp bonuses, because we're all altoholics, but that is going to be unattainable now and it has completely drained me of any will to play the game and have 3/4 of my contribution being wasted.

And members of small guilds having no trouble hitting the cap at the moment, wait until the majority of your guild finish the Cata zones, you'll quickly find you aren't likely to get anywhere near max level until the next expansion pack, because that's when my guild is likely to hit 20.

The best solution to this is OPs idea of scaling exp to the guild size, but the only way I can see that this could be implemented, without a way to exploit it, is giving the guild leader the option to lower the cap on how many members the guild can have, and scale the exp % gained to that. Smallest should be 25 or 50, with 100% contribution at the bottom. Guilds could have the option to raise the cap, but this should obviously carry costs/penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    All this does is make it so that smaller guilds have an easier time leveling and larger guilds have a harder time leveling. It will just flip they system upside down, and make it so that large guilds are penalized. So it is not a feasible solution.

I like the thought process for finding a solution, but this one is not feasible.

Personally, I just think that they should remove leveling xp contributions from every guild. Leveling is more of a solo/group thing. It's not really a "guild activity". Make it so that only guild achievements give guild xp. You know - actually working together as a guild to accomplish something. Then, they should add many more achievements so that it keeps it interesting and fun.
    I agree with this, doing dungeons/heroics/raids and achievements with with a majority guild group should be the only thing that gives xp. however, to make it abit fairer, there could be diminishing returns on raids after a certain amount till the cap is reached. So that large guilds that have 5 or more 10man raids going at once, arent at too large an advantage, but still are able to reach the cap more easily than smaller guilds that may only have 1 10man, but do more heroics, say.