Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rxh339 View Post
    hey there,
    i got a question about archaeology too and i might aswell use this topic

at the moment im farming zin'rokh myself and yesterday i reached 450 with 1400 fragments and like 40 troll tablets, went to the trainer and started solving. of course i didnt get it D:
    now im sitting at 525 and wouldnt mind to grind further troll fragments, but the thing is i constantly get digging sites in vashir, which kinda freaks me out. now i think thats because im sitting at max skill.

now im thinking about picking up archaeology again on my lvl 80 paladin to farm eastern kingdom again to 450, but then dont visit the trainer to get the last illustrious grand master upgrade to 525, just staying at 450 and farming and solving trolls, so i wont get send to vashir.
    so will i get zin'rokh at 450 without that last upgrade? will i even be able to find zinrokh on a 'non lvl85' character?
    i hope anyone knows something about that

sorry for my english and thanks in advance!
    New dig sites depend on archeology skill level, not it's rank. That means that when you get to 450 you then start getting Vash'jir, Uldum and Twilight dig sites regardless of you learning last rank or not.

hey there,

at the moment im farming zin'rokh myself and yesterday i reached 450 with 1400 fragments and like 40 troll tablets, went to the trainer and started solving. of course i didnt get it D:
    now im sitting at 525 and wouldnt mind to grind further troll fragments, but the thing is i constantly get digging sites in vashir, which kinda freaks me out. now i think thats because im sitting at max skill.

now im thinking about picking up archaeology again on my lvl 80 paladin to farm eastern kingdom again to 450, but then dont visit the trainer to get the last illustrious grand master upgrade to 525, just staying at 450 and farming and solving trolls, so i wont get send to vashir.
    so will i get zin'rokh at 450 without that last upgrade? will i even be able to find zinrokh on a 'non lvl85' character?

Once you hit 450 the Cata zones will start popping their digsites. So that won't work. You can certainly just dig up a few thousand prior to doing any solves, however, to give yourself another shot at it.

hey there,

You need to buy the last tier of archeology to even get a chance for zin'rokh.

Quote Originally Posted by Malladin View Post
    Myself, I have committed too much time to it already to abandon my search (I'm talking 40+ hours played), but I'm mildly obsessive-compulsive, you may not feel the same.
    You realize the time you've spent is a sunk cost, right? You chance of getting it on the next solve are no higher because you've done 100 solves prior. You always have the same % chance to get it to pop on each solve.

Deleted
    okay thx for the answers, guess ill be sticking to my warrior then.

ok heres a breakdown, i see a lot of misguided answers here, most are semi accurate, but from personal experience i can say the following:

this stuff about, you must be xxx level to get xxx job, are mostly inacurate, i got and completed the orc headdress(70 boa epic agi head) and many others i see here and elsewhere listed as needing a required level in archaeology way under what is stated. the ONLY requirement in archaeology to get any race specific job, is the ability to recieve the fragments.... confirmed by several archaeologists in my guild and others already. so here it is..

to get ANY troll/night elf/fossil/dwarf rares, you need to be level 1+ in archaeology or more...
    to get any orc/draenei rares you need to be 300+ in archaeology or more...
    to get any Vrykul and Nerubian rares you need to be 375+ in archaeology or more...
    to get any Tol’vir rares you need to be 450+ in archaeology or more...

why? because this is the level you MUST be in order for the above mentioned fragments to appear in their zones for you to dig them up...

ps if your reading this "rxh339" you can get zin'rokh as early as 37 skill in archaeology...how do i know this, because its in my inventory. thats when i got it... so anyone saying elsewise is simply incorrect. there are many people who have gotten it way before 450 in archaeology, you simply need 2 things, to get lucky(all rares require this) and the skill to dig up troll fragments!

there is no other criteria to meet, other than to be able to survey/recover the fragments in a specific zone in order to be able to complete the rares... there is NO level requirement btw...i have a level 60 alt in my guild who has the same headdress, he dug it up in outland and showed it to me and its a level 70 boa epic. he cant even use it yet lolz.

just putting this info out there for those curious... anyone saying you need a specific level is referring either to the above, or simply muttering the incorrect information they've read on other pages..

also these remarks about saving 1000000000 bazillion relics and doing that race fast.... why? i really dont understand this. it increases your chance with a RNG 0% to do 1, 5, or 1000 solves at once... its a RANDOM roll each time..(yes you might get 50 chances at once, but had you been solving them as you got them you still would have gotten the same 50 chances...)and please dont bother to put statistics into this...anyone with half a brain knows that a statistical flow is based on a continual event, a PROBABLE event... and with random events, its 100% theoretical only.. so try to enjoy the profession, they've already boosted it the other day so you no longer only get 3 frags per take(the way it was when i grinded it to 525) you now can get between 3-6. so its even easier...go out dig stuff up, its better than running circles in town, and have fun with it.

btw, some of the toys are stupid, but some are kinda kewl.. so enjoy it. and they plan to add more btw. more races, more toys, more fun..

i find doing archeology fun but i also find little reward in it

Quote Originally Posted by ganette View Post
    also these remarks about saving 1000000000 bazillion relics and doing that race fast.... why? i really dont understand this. it increases your chance with a RNG 0% to do 1, 5, or 1000 solves at once... its a RANDOM roll each time..(yes you might get 50 chances at once, but had you been solving them as you got them you still would have gotten the same 50 chances...)and please dont bother to put statistics into this...anyone with half a brain knows that a statistical flow is based on a continual event, a PROBABLE event... and with random events, its 100% theoretical only.. so try to enjoy the profession, they've already boosted it the other day so you no longer only get 3 frags per take(the way it was when i grinded it to 525) you now can get between 3-6. so its even easier...go out dig stuff up, its better than running circles in town, and have fun with it.
    People saving are doing it because they are waiting until they hit 450 before solving any Troll artifacts, for example. Because before 450 skill, you have zero chance at the sword. That's the only reason people are saving fragments.

Deleted
    yea thats the conflict im having exactly.

there are several people (havent seen any proof like a screen or a video tho) claiming that they already got the sword at <450 skill.
    and for every one of those guys there are 500 that are saying you cant get it before 450.

so which one is right? is there any kind of bluepost or something or where is this YOU GOTTA HAVE 450 coming from?
    because if you really dont need 450, that would be huge in terms of farming it..

im confused :[

The main reason I will not be leveling Arch past 375 is simply because I don't want to go to Vashjir...

Keep them troll sites coming!

10+ Year Old Account
    my druid is at 510 arch and has never gotten a dig in vashjir?
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

yea thats the conflict im having exactly.

there are several people (havent seen any proof like a screen or a video tho) claiming that they already got the sword at <450 skill.
    and for every one of those guys there are 500 that are saying you cant get it before 450.

so which one is right? is there any kind of bluepost or something or where is this YOU GOTTA HAVE 450 coming from?
    because if you really dont need 450, that would be huge in terms of farming it..

im confused :[
    There is no source stating specific levels for one reason. There isn't any. You just need to be able to dig up the artifacts. RNG is RNG and can bite at times especially when you are seeking something. The only way it would have a level requirement would be if the dig requires it (such as Outlands/Northrend/Cataclysm) or if the puzzle itself said Requires Archaeology XXX. Is there any way to prove this is true? More than likely not unless everyone starts posting screens everywhere, but then we'll hear either that it's on a private server or photoshopped. Only Blizzard knows this and I doubt they'll reveal this information so easily.

Just enjoy Archaeology for what it is. Don't look at it is as "I must have X item." This wasn't the intent behind it and if it gets to that point them I'm sure Blizzard will just rethink things. It wasn't developed to give you items that you need to have only fun little toys and such. There are similar weapons that are just as good as the sword, but require some work as well. Just like this one requires luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    People saving are doing it because they are waiting until they hit 450 before solving any Troll artifacts, for example. Because before 450 skill, you have zero chance at the sword. That's the only reason people are saving fragments.
    You missed about 3/4 of his post and just pointed out what little information you wanted to require. The person specifically states that they got the sword at 37. Which is less than 450. Everyone just wants to assume you can only get the "highly" sought out items at 450 only.

sorry to go offtopic here, but for an additional tidbit of fun semi archaeology related, when you do throne of the tides, in the endboss room before you engage him and after, you can mount up. mount up on your fossilized raptor, and one of your pals in your party can get on it, and stand on its head(yes this works for all mounts) but the fossilized raptor looks awesome lol. so get out there and have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ganette View Post
    sorry to go offtopic here, but for an additional tidbit of fun semi archaeology related, when you do throne of the tides, in the endboss room before you engage him and after, you can mount up. mount up on your fossilized raptor, and one of your pals in your party can get on it, and stand on its head(yes this works for all mounts) but the fossilized raptor looks awesome lol. so get out there and have some fun.
    Yea it was a bug in beta and was really hoping they'd fix it =/ All the instances you could mount up and they had this bug where you could "mount" on another mount and stand there. Only way to get off was to have the other person dismount.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyfloyd View Post
    my druid is at 510 arch and has never gotten a dig in vashjir?
    It's random and you've been lucky.

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You missed about 3/4 of his post and just pointed out what little information you wanted to require. The person specifically states that they got the sword at 37. Which is less than 450. Everyone just wants to assume you can only get the "highly" sought out items at 450 only.
    I'm in the camp that would like to see proof of this before I believe it. Sorry.

Edit: I'll expand on my reasoning: Blizzard has a history with professions of not letting you get the best stuff until the higher levels. Allowing someone at 37 skill level to get one of the most sought-after items of the entire profession would be extremely out of character for Blizzard and this game.
    Last edited by jaimelannister; 2010-12-16 at 07:58 PM.