Question Best soloing class/spec (to solo high-end content)

Hi guys,

I have one simple question : what's the best class & spec to solo group-oriented content ? I'm talking about old dungeons/raids, or hard 5-men quests, not just solo questing.

I don't care about Raid. I don't care about DPS (bet you don't read that often, eh ?). Why ? Because I know buffs and nerfs come and go, and a subpar class will eventually be okay (same thing with an OP class - mages, I'm looking at youse all). I just want to play a class that I enjoy, BUT soloing tough shit is the number one thing I'm interested in (in particular doing all of the vanilla raids if possible, and some BC raids). I ask this question because I know some classes have a much tougher time to solo things than other.

So, what spec would YOU play to solo content ?

Also, bonus points for a class/spec that can old its own in 1v1 PvP. I know PvP is not balanced around 1v1, but I enjoy not being facerolled by every enemy I cross.

Thanks
    Last edited by amasokin; 2010-12-15 at 08:10 PM.

what's the best class & spec to solo group-oriented content ?
    Usually, it's any class that can tank (and yes, pets count as tanks for this).

Prot pallies have a great deal of solo-ability when spec'ed into Word of Glory.

Use a spec along the lines of: (it won't let me post the full link so just add what's necessary)
    wowhead.com/talent#s0hZRrGcRddRMucb

Classes that can tank are probably best. Classes that can heal themselves while tanking probably even more. Prot pallies probably the most since with the right talents and seal up a prot paly can get mana replenishment and a free heal that puts up holy shield for them.

paladin or a death knight, cough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shockadin...take a bit longer to kill things but can pull almost unlimited mobs so far in hyjal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seevaur View Post
    Prot pallies have a great deal of solo-ability when spec'ed into Word of Glory.

Use a spec along the lines of: (it won't let me post the full link so just add what's necessary)
    wowhead.com/talent#s0hZRrGcRddRMucb
    I'd say move the two points from Improved Judgement to Hallowed ground

Hunters have been know to kill solo stuff no one else could touch. Not sure if it still around but if you search hunter versus the world on you tube it will get you a few interesting videos.
    Bottom line due to kiting and zero mana issues they can do amazing stuff in right places.
    I personaly use to farm XXX ore (forgot the name, but it use to go for about 800 g in vanilla, which is probably about 20-40k now) in BWL solo by group splitting and kiting around, sure it took maybe 20 min per kill with 3% drop rate but it was fun.

BM hunters can actually solo pretty well now if you know how to talent your self and your tenacity pet. Spirt Bond + Glyph of Mending + Blood of the Rhino can cause your mend pet to tick to 10k heals. Combine that with the talents from a tenacity pet: Grace of the Mantis, Great Stamina, Natural Armor, Pet Barding Silver Back and Last Stand, your pet shouldn't die (remember to apply a mend pet every 10 secs) to quest mobs that require you to group with people.

Deleted
    now that rogues have a self heal as well as evasion and combat readiness (which basically boils down to sheild wall) they are pretty good for soloing content kill speed is pretty high if it goes tits up you can always stun lock the mob while your self heal does it's job or failign that vanish eat and come back for round 2

10+ Year Old Account
    prot paly imo

Quote Originally Posted by Hurbz View Post
    I'd say move the two points from Improved Judgement to Hallowed ground
    You need those two points for interrupts.

Deleted
    Paladin, DK, Druid... any class which can tank and self-heal.

Demo lock, BM hunter or Prot pally.

Shockadin FTW!

tie between demo and bm for second place ...

Thanks for all the great answers guys