Deleted

Question Cata heroics have been nerfed?

A few days ago I ran three heroics, Lost city of the tol'vir, Blackrock Caverns and Vortex Pinnacle. All of them took about two hours each. I really enjoyed them, since they were a real challenge. It felt really good when we finaly downed Siamat. But today, just a few hours ago, i ran the last half of Halls of Origination, the last half of Deadmines and all bosses in Shadowfang keep. They weren't nearly as challenging or rewarding (not loot, the good feeling when you down a new boss). We didn't wipe at all in HoO, only once in DM and a few times in Sfk. Okay, Sfk wasn't that easy, but not nearly comparable to the others.

So I wonder, have heroics been nerfed during the night? Or was i just (un)lucky to get three really easy ones today and three hard ones earlier?

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you pugging it or running with the same people? Knowing the fights, better gear, and better class composition can affect heroics easily.

The first 10 heroics or so i ran on my character just went horrible. Then four of my friends finally dinged 85. Don't know if it's that we all know each other and are on skype/vent or the class combo but heroics started to go a lot smoother with my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabbie View Post
    Are you pugging it or running with the same people? Knowing the fights, better gear, and better class composition can affect heroics easily.
    I would have to agree with this. Given the volatility of heroics, the slightest change could greatly affect the whole group's performance. Also, you could have just gotten some really fail pugs in the first group and great pugs in the second group (assuming you pugged). There are so many factors at stake here that a simple "heroics felt easier today" isn't enough, especially given they weren't even the same ones.

yeh.. the second boss on black rock caverns i wipe very times.. but now i dont wipe on that boss ^^

Getting 333/346 stuff over your quest blues/greens is a big jump and makes things easier. Plus just knowing what to do helps. My first HoO run with friends took nearly 2 hours, now we don't have much trouble at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having friends with you will absolutely make things easier. I don't really intend to pug heroics at all. I'll do normals, but certainly not heroics.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    me and my crew and ridin' dirty throu heroics

IMO, the heroics haven't been nerfed at all, but people are getting better gear.

One thing I've got to learn the hard way was that 329 gear is not enough to do heroics. I tried to heal heroics as a holy priest with 329 gear (roughly 1.5k mana regen, shame on me to try to get non-spirit gear for healing :P) and was finding myself oom every hard pull, with all mana CDs used. After wiping 5-6 dungeons because I ran out of mana, I found out my mana regen sucked and I did a wishlist to run normals to get entry gear. It took me 4-6 hours to get most of the pieces I wanted and it worked like a charm. Got around 2k mana regen and found myself not needing much mana regen CDs (except for boss encounters).

All of this said, I learned a few things:
    1- 329 is not enough to run heroics, unless u wanna wipe
    2- Priests don't have HUGE mana issues, as long as you stack spirit
    3- Buy head piece of the justice point vendor, as there's no spirit head piece that drops out of normal mode.
    4- There are almost no female tauren priests.

Something did get nerfed, In Vortex Pinnacle.. The group of lightning things that do MASSIVE amounts of damage, Were doing no pretty much nothing to my group.

Well PuGs will eventually become more smooth as people obtain better gear and learn the fights. That's probably why they seem easier to you than they did before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still run into plenty of fail, guild runs are a lot smoother though, and i hate pugging.

They didn't get nerfed, I'm still running with dps that stand in fire and watch as fire elementals explode on them and kill them and another dps

I have an average ilevel of 346, and now when I run heroics it's kind of a joke. I did sfk and we didn't CC more than 5 mobs. Also, my guildie DK kept pulling aggro off the tank and I had to heal him and I STILL did not run oom once. I think I drank a whopping 4 times in that instance and innervated once.

I keep seeing all the crying about how hard heroics are. Once the healer gets gear, he can probably carry a group. : /

There have been a few minor changes here and there (check blue posts) but there have been no changes to most and only minor changes to the others. Better gear and knowing the fights is the reason why it was so much easier.