Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't think it's odd to quest as a Tank.

I normally quest as a Healer but that's because I'm normally too lazy to swap to my offspec or am in LFD pretty much all the time, I get groups so often that swapping specs is pointless.
    For the Horde!

I definately leveled my DK as blood doing quests. Didn't die once and seemed to keep pace with anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once upon a time, questing in tank spec was slow, grueling and a clear sign of someone that had no idea certain trees were for pvp or leveling or end-game. This hasn't been the case since tank damage was somewhat normalized. In fact, I recommend leveling as a prot warrior for sure nowadays. Pulling big groups is the way to go if you're glyphed properly no matter what class. Plus, random dungeon queues are far more tolerable when you're queuing up as a tank.

Nope, not at all. Sure it isn't as fast as a DPS spec when it comes to killing stuff. but i've already got my main to 85, so i'm in no rush, and i like the fact that it'll take an act of divine intervention to make me die and have to do a corpse run.

Of course, maybe that just makes us both weird, but normal is boring.

A little, its very slow. DPS is just faster, although you may die more.

ICC25 gear reforged to crit, pull 3-4 mobs all the time, spam HS, be a happy critter.

At least that's what I did and it was all fun and games.

So no, it's not weird, at least not as weird as to quest as resto druid...

Tanks out dps the dps classes on aoe trash, its been like this for ages

The plate tanks can easily level as a tank spec, sometimes better than the dps spec